GLAAD Unhappy with CAAN

11/15/2007 6:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

GLAAD and CAANAfter viewing TMZ's story about nepostar Scott Caan's anti-gay slur toward a paparazzo, GLAAD pumped out a statement chastising him.

"While Caan's anger at being harassed is understandable, responding with that kind of vulgar, anti-gay slur is simply unacceptable," said Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation President Neil G. Giuliano. "We've reached out to Caan's representatives and called on him to apologize for his defamatory, dehumanizing remark."

UPDATE: Scott Caan issued the following statement to TMZ: "I am sorry for using such a derogatory word. I was being harassed by a paparazzi, and unfortunately, the word slipped out. I don't ever condone the use of that word and I deeply apologize to anyone whom I may have offended."

kim

Sticks and stones. How come you never hear heterosexuals complaining about this stuff? Dont single yourself out to be "different" & you wont be treated as such.

annoyed

GLAAD is a bunch of whiners who believe in tolerance, until some jerk like this Caan kid makes a stupid remark. Then they get offended and want the bad little boy to say he's sowwy for hurting their itty bity feewings.

What a joke. If I was gay, I wouldnt want these whiny babies representing me.

Beast

I thought this guy was gay anyway- back in 1998, him and a "companion" were at a gay bar and got into trouble. Read this link:

[url]http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1589/is_1998_Nov_10/ai_54879373[/url]

Alia

I think he's sexy as hell!!

-me

OMG WHO CARES! seriously these stories are getting sooooo old....who cares!

sure sure

hey GLAAD, put on your big girl panties and get over it. same goes to anyone else who is way too easily offended.

Justin

Wrong or right, that breeder can say whatever he wants.

Colostate

Who the hell is he anyway, NOBODY! But don't be hating on GLAAD, They are actually a good group of people. Why does everyone have to be so hateful?

andrew

What in the has happened over the last year? everyone gets so uppity at the slightest words. We all have to so PC. Get over it, seriously. Everyone has to weigh in now, apologize for saying a word, go to rehab, anger management or whatever. Does anyone really care that much, or is it now a requirement to make a big deal out of nothing?

DubFire

GLAAD is so GAY.

SiCk AnD TiReD

You know I was reading a lot of stuff this morning on the internet and watching the news and seriously what has this world come to with regards of FREEDOM OF SPEECH it is the constitutional right of EVERY person here in the United States to say whatever they feel like saying. Here now Santa Claus can't even say HO HO HO because it "may" offend some women well I say why would it offend women unless they were a "ho ho ho"? Why did Phil Jackson have to appologize for a joke about his team taking more penetration then the script of Brokeback Mountain? It is time for people to lighten up. I have a mixed step-daughter and I still laugh at racial jokes black or white ones. LIGHTEN UP People. These people are just trying to live there daily lives get out of there face and let them get there coffee, go to the doctor's, each lunch, get in there car without you all up in there face. I am pretty sure that most of us would act the way some of these people act if we had to walk a mile in there well groomed clothes. kthxbai.

nataliec

who is this idiot, other than a sperm donation made to his mother from James Caan...a one night stand...she couldnt even remember James Caan's name. so this bastard has a problem, calling people names and hes the biggest bootybuster out there......one movie with a less than sound role...does not make a man outta this living sperm donation!!!!!!

shell_3

whatever happened to freedom of speech!!! yes what he said was vulgar but he still had a right to say it and does not have to apologize and GLAAD contacting his reps over this is ridiculous!

BeenWithScott

He's gay anyway.

Trust me, I know.

my2cents

I'm sick of all these social groups wanting tolerance for their views but are not willing to be tolerant to those expressing opposing views.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments