Martha Stewart's Mom No Longer Living

11/17/2007 12:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Martha Stewart, Martha KastyraMartha Stewart announced on her blog that her mother, Martha Kostyra, has passed away. She was 93.

She simply wrote, "I am very sad to tell you that my mom passed away. Here's a tribute to Martha Kostyra -- Big Martha." Martha's mom appeared with her on "Larry King Live" back in 2003.

Martha announced on her show last week that her mother had suffered "a small stroke" and was hospitalized.

mary

My condolences to Martha Stewart on the passing of her mom.It is not easy losing a parent regardless of what age,my thoughts are with you Martha.

What are you that Stupid?

First and sorry for your loss Martha.

zp119fred

Sorry for your mom. Martha is gorgeous. seems saw her before on a celebrity and millioniare dating site like wealthymingle.com or something. But don't know if it is her.

twinklle

What fun it was every time Martha's mom was on the show. Her 90th birthday was especially fun and endearing! I was just wondering when she would be back to have some fun. Awww, thanks to Martha Stewart for sharing "mom" with us through the years.

belle

Sorry for your loss Martha! It is so hard losing a parent...especially around the Holidays...my thoughts and prayers are with you.....

Tangie

That Big Martha really raised a b****, didn't she?

David

So sorry Martha. I know it is a difficult time, but alwayss remeber the good times and it will get more bearable as the days go by

nonnie

I was so sorry to read this-- this morning. Thanks to TMZ we can keep updated to what is really going on currently. I have been up since 4:00 am listening to just about all the cable news channels and none have mentioned her mother's sad passing. In previous years I have alway enjoyed seeing Martha and Kastyra's cooking together and sharing their recipes.

David

So sorry Martha. Always remember the good times and that the pain does go away a little with time

MNgirl

#8 this pathetic s.o.b. needs to removed and blocked.

mamawdee

So sorry for your loss Martha. You are in my prayers.

lmspurlock

This was a grand lady from an era almost forgotten. An era when food was homemade and all work related to keeping a home up was manual. No modern gadget, just back breaking work. Yet, she was educated and functioned also outside of her home. This was not a small feat in those days. She raised Martha, who, if you like her or not , is artistic and has business smarts, but she also raised her other children. May her legacy live long in all her children, grandchildren and generations to come.

Gayle

Sorry for your loss, Martha. I'm glad she was able to live so independently to 93 almost to the end.

sandy

You idiots that are so disrespectful really think ANYONE will check out your sites after you have been so insensitive? Disggusting animals! There are people in mourning for loved ones, we should have respect, much love and condolences to the Stewart/Kostyra family. Martha and her mom did things the old fashioned way, with hard work and love!

Tangie

Martha didn't announce it, BC that might take the limelight off of HER for a day!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments