Someone (Not Something) Caused the Fire

11/25/2007 11:47 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Unlike the blaze that ripped through Malibu last month, the brushfire that broke out early yesterday was caused by humans, the county fire inspector said yesterday, but it is still unknown whether it was intentional.
Malibu fire
Last month's fire was found to have been caused by downed power lines. County firefighters hope to have this fire fully contained by Tuesday and have even begun to let some evacuees return to their homes.

As of 6:30 this morning, the Malibu city website reported that 51 structures were destroyed and another 27 damaged. The only reported injuries were to seven firefighters, and were described as minor.

TxHotGirl_HTown

Gosh, that helicopter looks like a huge cat with wings... kinda scary. Had to comment on it.

There are a lot of stupid peeps in Cali. I hope this is not another case of some wreckless person who started this fire.

Lenn K.

Dana, we don't care about your scam promotional sites. This should be removed so good-by. The helicopter is a utility bird that carry truck and other vehicles. There using it for the fires.

Beatles

That is sad; this is such a lovely, peaceful city.

Hopefully, there will be no Earthquakes soon; that would be the final straw

Blah blah blah

I thought last fire was started by someone too.

dcreplay

#5 - I was just thinking that. News reported that the fires last month were started by a child playing with matches in his backyard.

LH

Yes, Malibu is such a lovely peaceful community. It is also a Crank capitol of California. Wouldn't surprise me that that is how the fire started. Smokers go to Malibu's isolated places to go do their "thang" in the open air. Dope smokers also go boating off shore to do their "thang" so the law doesn't nail them. That's been going on with the last three generations of lovely peaceful Malibutes.

kassandra

Who gives a FROCK. Those tax cheats (17.7%) can afford it

Fame Game

4 and 5, you're right. I read the same thing on AOL. Guess TMZ got their facts wrong? (As if it was the first time =)

CeeJay

I didn't look this up, but as I recall it was the Oct. San Diego or Orange Co. fire that was caused by a child. In one of those same areas a fire was caused by unknown adult(s) and the last I knew they hadn't been found. But other October fires were caused by power lines that were downed by the high winds. I think Malibu's Oct. fire was one of those caused by downed power lines.

Rascal

What a bunch of idiots. If you are just going to show how stupid you are, please don't submit comments. The last major fires in California, 2 of them at the same time, were caused by #1 power lines and #2 a kid playing with matches. Please limit your comments to facts.

hmm

damn mexicans

lol

cut off their drivers licenses and border and they start going wild

that's bush for ya

Karin B.

I believe Calif. needs to beef up patrols and nail these pyro-jerks.
It's sad.

L.A. Douchenozzle, Esq.

Too bad, so sad, Boo freaking Hoo.
I hope Malibu and everyone in it burns to the ground.
They're all rich a-holes insured to the max, and they use way more county services than anyone else.
Burn baby burn.

Mike

I love seeing rich people on the run. They don't reach out to the inner cities when crisis hits so why care about these snobs?

HoHoHO

I don't feel sorry for any of those people. I'm sure upon evacuation, they all flew to their next vacation home. Wah! How bout this, stop building homes in places that experience endless natural disasters. When natural disasters happen in these same areas over and over again, it means nature is mad at you!