Amy's Mom to Wino -- Get Your S*** Together!

12/9/2007 6:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Amy WinehouseThere's no question that Amy Winehouse is a very hot mess. And no one apparently knows this better than her own mother. Nothing like calling your daughter out in public!

In an open letter published in the UK's News of the World, Janis Winehouse pleads for her daughter to get help.

In the letter, Janis writes, "You are still my baby and you always will be. I pile hope upon hope that you will make that decision, Amy, and your strong will can bend for just a moment to make that decision and come home to me."

She goes on to say, "Early fame has overwhelmed you, it's dizzied you and muddled your mind ... remember you're just an ordinary human being, no stronger than any of the rest of us. You think you're strong enough to get through this on your own, darling, but you're not." Early fame. Yeah ... that's it.

Tangie

I would imagine her mother did this publicly out of desperation. It is hardly a private matter at this point, when Amy goes out in public with coke around her nose.

Barack

#14 HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEIR MOTHERS DID? A "REAL" MOTHER IS
SUPPOSED TO POST A LETTER TO THEIR LOVED ONES ON THE INTERNET SO
PEOPLE LIKE "YOU" CAN COMMENT???? I DON'T THINK SO.

AND THAT GOES FOR THE REST OF THE POSTERS CLAIMING THEY KNOW WHAT A "REAL" MOTHER IS!

MOST OF YOU WOULD BE MORTIFIED IF YOUR PARENT DID THAT TO YOU AND YOU
KNOW IT!!!

What are you that Stupid?

MM Have any of you haters ever had a daughter? Probably not, I put my Mom through HELL as a kid. I am betting this chick took off at a young age. That letter is probably the ONLY way this Mom has to reach her kid.

J

Maybe 'army rat's' mom could intercede & fly to dreary rainy UK ville - & tell of how she lovingly whips the little 'army' fat backsid each day?

Sillyme

Amy to mother.. I'm rich.. you're not.. Dry up ol' hag.

Tangie

BLINDED--Get a clue, please. Mortified? There are pics on the net as we speak of this girl walking around with coke around her nostrils. She then proceeds to change her clothes in front of the camermen. This woman has my support for doing this. She wants some help from somebody, ANYBODY, to save her child.

MyTwoCents

Amy must be on the verge of killing herself. If she's not going to straighten up, then maybe she should do it before the end of the year.

Barack

I CAN APPRECIATE THAT, MOM TOO #22, MY POINT WAS THAT JUST BECAUSE YOU
DON'T RELEASE A LETTER TO THE UNIVERSE DOESN'T MAKE YOU A BAD MOTHER
AS SOME HAVE CLEARLY INTIMATED.

YES, AND THERE ARE WAYS TO GO ABOUT SEEKING HELP FOR A LOVED ONE. A CERTIFIED DRUG/ALCOHOL COUNSELOR WOULD PROBABLY KNOW BEST. MY GUESS IS THAT A LETTER ON THE INTERNET IS NOT THE ANSWER.

AS SOMEONE EARLIER POSTED, WHO KNOWS IF THIS LETTER IS EVEN AUTHENTIC, I.E., FROM HER MOM.

THANKS.

blehmeh

The mother sees that she's not long for this world. How sad.

Barack

No it's not, Kim. Please do some research or something.

Tangie

Blinded---Cool. We can agree to disagree without calling each other names, like a lot of peeps do on here. I appreciate that! I just feel the women is very desperate. I can relate.

FlBiker

Get back to us when she does of an OD, until then who cares.

just wondering

...a mom would do anything in the world too help her child...she must feel this was the best way to reach her struggling daughter......hopefully Amy will seek the help she clearly needs or this move by her mom will sink her faster.....only time will tell...

Another mom

Why is she so unhappy? I mean, she's beautiful, talented, and by this point probably rich. Why does she feel the need to self-medicate with all those horrible things?

I don't blame her mom for publically calling her out. Winehouse has probably cut her out of her life because she won't accept her being a coked-up drunk with a leech of a husband who can't see that she's destroying herself.

No mother can stand to see her child destroy herself, and what is a mother to do when she can't get at her daughter to save her, but to scream to the world for someone to help her.

DUH

Uh, doesn't everyone remember the song that made her famous? Come on, she banked on acknowledging that she needed to go to rehab.