PETA to Olsens: Pelt You!

12/11/2007 2:31 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

PETA has come out swinging against Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen for ignoring their pleas to stop wearing and promoting fur. We'd pre-fur you don't!

A new campaign launched this week features the "Trollsen Twins" (Hairy Kate and Trashley) learning about the evils of harming animals in a graphic video parody of "Full House".

The organization also plans to unveil a poster of the Starbucks-swilling celebutwins with the tagline: "Fur Is Worn By Beautiful Animals and Ugly People" next to their star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame this afternoon.

Where's Danny Tanner when they need him?

K

#38 - Writing & Reading Comprehension - Class 089 is waiting for YOU!!! STAT!!!
DO US ALL A FAVOR & WALK BAREFOOT as you stand up for PETA - if your against people wearing fur then why are you wearing leather shoes - hypocrite!

That's like a vegan eating meat... You slay me - LMAO - ROTFLMAO...

Bob. My name is the same forwards and backwards

Surferess

Fur sucks! The O twins need to stop wearing it or thay are just going to lose fans.

They should embrace the PETA position. I think a naked Olsen Twins commercial for Peta would be HOT! Maybe a double shot of them coming out of the pool like Alicia Silverstone x2. I think Alicia is way-cool and got my total adoration and love for doing that spot.

BTW I think it is time to stop doing the "I'm First bi-och" posts. You don't need to keep pointing out that you have no life except to make comments on a trashy tabloid forum. Besides we all know we have no lives or we wouldn't be so fricking interested. I'm just sayin'!

Concerned Citizen

Kudos to Peta! To those still in the Stone Age - fur is not a necessity in this day and age. Additionally, to make animals suffer for our own vanity is a crime. Grow up! The Olsens make money off the public and by being in the public eye. They need to deal with the ramifications of their popularity, whether it be by those who purchase their clothes or by those who disagree with their opinions. Again, Kudos to Peta and shame on the Olsen twins!

kim

How could 2 young girls with so much at their disposal personally & prfessionall (all that $ and opportunity) turn into such shrews? Chain smoking, fur wearing, college drop out , Caffeine addicted, terrrible dressers =( They used to be so cute on Full HOuse - what happened to them????!!!!

Annarielle

I'm probably going to get flamed for this... but I think PETA is out of control on some things. So what if they want to wear fur. That's their prerogative. PETA should not go slandering their image like that. There are plenty of celebrities who wear fur. Sharon Stone's been pulling out all those furs lately, how come they're not targeting her much.

I don't wear fur, and I personally would never wear one, the thought of wearing something that was part of a cute animal does bother me. But people are entitled to wear whatever they want and no matter how much slandering of their image PETA does, it won't make them stop. So give it up guys.

wow

Have any of you actually watched the video - I dare all of you to watch this video:

It makes me sick, I can't even stand to watch the whole thing... You don't have to be a part of PETA to understand that killing animals in this manner is wrong, unless you're utterly stupid.

kim

Considering animals are FORCED to be tortured when making fur coats I have no problem with PETA forcing their views on lecherous people who wear fur.

HARDY-HAR-HAR

PETA, this is way outta line (but I'm glad you're finally starting to show the world your twisted sick true colors!)

I could care less about the Olsen's personally, but this should serve as a reminder to us of why freedom is so important. In the United States of America we have the right to do and wear whatever we want and should not be terrorized for it, no matter how much it offends someone else. What's next? They'll move on to why we can't eat chicken or beef or shrimp, then single out someone else and terrorize them via the Internet? What if some group decided that since cars were ruining the planet we needed to get rid of them all and ride bikes only. Then, if you were caught in a car by a freak environmentalist, you'd be hassled, assaulted, called names and have chemicals thrown on you to eat through the paint of the car. Where does it stop? Who decides WHICH parts of our freedom should be taken away?

PETA believes that the life of a smart dog is more valuable than a retarded child. Do you really want to give them anymore power and support? We're not dealing with normal humanitarians here people. I have been involved in animal rescue for years, and i know first hand that PETA is not at all what they pretend to be. They're twisted freaks. What they're showing right now is only a small fraction of what is going on in their sick heads. It's not about the welfare of animals. For some misinformed celebs, it is..... but for the PETA founders, it's about a bizarre human existance that is equal to animals, plants and dirt. I'm sorry, but I believe that I am superior to animals and plants and dirt.

kim

JIMBOB - Well their used to be slaves hundreds of years ago so should we just go back to that time and focus our time & energy on something more important?! ignorance is bliss I guess.

deadbackpacker

# 38& 44
Perhaps if you paid attention in school and learned how to write in coherent sentences people would be more inclined to listen to you. But since you are uneducated you probably would believe anything that is told to you. Get an education a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

kim

NYC Comedian - I didnt realize the Olsen twins were dying and their fur coats were saving them? Saving them from their anorexia? What a ridiculous analogy =(

Jamie

Finally -- someone speaking with thought and rationality. Well put, Lily.

Arguments based on use of fur thousands of years ago are completely unfounded. Thousands of years ago, there were no alternatives. There was no Saks to run to. It was fur for the sake of staying warm in the face of brutal weather conditions. Now, with so many coat options to choose from, some even tacky enough for a Mary Kate Olsen, the use of fur is needless and cruel.

Yes, PETA's methods are extreme and a large amount of the anti-fur contingent don't agree with them, but the core value -- that animals needn't be subjected to such treatment in this day and age -- is a popular and informed one.

kim

Funny how many of you are offended by the video and its not half as graphic as what the animals killed for fur go thru - not even remotely as bad., I worked a fur farm and have NIGHTMARES to this day about what those animals went thru =( you have no idea. Its so sad for a fashion statement. If you are Alaskan & wear fur for actual protection from the elements I have no problem with you but the Olsens weariing fur in LA??!!!! pppllleeeeaaaassseeee!

HARDY-HAR-HAR

RE: # 38 i happen to be from PETA and no that furs are SO stupid....a lot of people dont no this but PETA requires a % of your income to help them in the fight to help animals survive....we just want to make the world a better place for animanls and humans...furs are the dumest thing you can do and to ware but leather shoes are ok because we need shoes to walk....so peopoele grow up and learn something today and that furs are SO dum and you dont want to be dum neither do you? i speak for all PETA memebers when i say GROW UP AND SSTOP THE KILLING INOSENT ANIMALS!!!!1
& # 44. oh and 1 more thing i will add...i am 32 now but when i was a kid my grandpappy taked me fishing... one of the only memorys i have of him was when he taked me fishing.... we put an inosent worm on the hook that happend to kill the worm i am sure.... and then we drownd the worm... ALL TO CATCH A FISH that the hook got STUCK IN IT S MOUTH...how would you like it if a hook was STUCK IN YOUR MOUTH...and then my grandpappy taked the FISH OUT OF THE WATER... and if you did not no already...FISH CAN NOT BREETH OUT OF THE WATER... the worste part of it all was when he put the FISH IN THE COOLER TO DIE... how would you like if some1 put YOU IN A COOLER TO DIE...? OOOOOOOOOOO I AM SO P'D OF RIGHT NOW I COULDE SPIT....YOU PEOPLLE MAKE ME SICK

See.... I rest my case. They're FREAKS.