Dog Keeps Praying For Forgiveness

12/13/2007 1:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Duane "Dog" Chapman is going to some serious lengths in his quest for forgiveness, landing in New York for a dinner with African-American leaders. The Big Apple's a long way from the Big Island, brother!

CORE -- the Congress of Racial Equality --and its chairman Roy Innes invited Chapman and his wife Beth to New York to discuss plans for an upcoming Martin Luther King, Jr. Day event that they've invited Dog to speak at.

Dog has been on a mission of forgiveness since a private conversation was made public last month.

rae

Hmm......seems like ass kissing to me. I imagine he wants to get his show picked back up, but this is not the way to do it. He said he was sorry for something we've all said before, said he regretted it, and now he needs to stop antagonizing the issue.

fathead

p.s. the "try to tan to look like us" part is actually pretty funny. thing is i worked at a tanning facility and had many black customers who wished to tan because their community was less likely to accept them if they were a lighter skinned black individual. its a two way street my friend. but ya, the tanning to look dark thing is VERY funny to me as well. its more so to cover up blemishes people have due to a lack of melanin in our skin to cover up scars and how much the sun helps clear up acne. and the fact that vitamin D helps with depression, which you get from UV rays.

But of course that couldn't be right because all of us white people wish we were black.

Bo

Free speech in America has nothing to do with this. Dog wasn't arrested for his speech, he was fired. And for good reason. No company would be caught dead advertising on a show whose main star is a racist.

Also, to those of you who buy into Dog's excuse that the call was just a demonstration of his anger at his son rather than a racist rant. That's bs. During that same infamous call Dog also said he would never let his daughter date a black man. I guess he was mad at his daughter too? Give me a break.

Not a Dr., but I play one at home.

Whatever Tiffany! You're in denial, as mentioned in my piece!

mia

seriously let the man be forgiven and move on. He said he was sorry and he made a mistake he shouldnt have to ask to be forgiven 100 times over for the next 5 years serioulsy MOVE ON !! There are millions of people who say or do the wrong things but he is famous and that does not give the public the right to make a celebrity apologize the rest of their life
the public needs to move on and get his show back on the air and hop it doesnt happen again and that is the end of it

cari

I may be the only one- but I feel the guy is truly sorry for what has happened. We have all said things to our children that we regret. I believe he wants to make this right. I miss his show. I hope he gets another chance. After all, maybe he can be a positive influence for all of us -in that we can learn from our mistakes. Have a heart! !

fathead

X Dawg Fan, don't be upset because i schooled you. You made yourself look like an ignorant moron. Not me.

How DARE you say i am in denial? just like many people are in denial and refuse that the holocaust actually happened? give me a break and grow up before you are going to speak on such a mature topic.

I'm not saying SOME white people (because they do not represent all white people in the history of humanity!) didn't screw over black people. I am not saying slavery did not exist or was not a horrible atrocity and the worst thing our country has ever committed itself to. and furthermore, i am speaking on the idea of unity and not segregation. If you have a problem with this idea of unity then i am sorry.

but have you ever heard that there were actually irish, italian (especially sicilians because they were darker italians), and jews that were ALSO slaves in America? YOU NEED TO WAKE UP! have you ever heard a term that people call jews that starts with a "K". yeah we all deal with it, so get off your pedestal and stop playing the race card and learn we are all equal and you cannot pin point one person because of how they look! we all deal with our steriotypes. you just help further them.

keep churning the hate machine my friend.

Trace

Tiffany - YOU WORK IN A TANNING PARLOR???

PLEASE??? Based upon what I just read - NOT!

pua

All I know is that Da Kine Bail bonds on Queen Ema St. is closed up and dark and some of the show posters have been ripped down from the inside. It doesn't look profitable at Da Kine at the present moment. I guess Hawaii's bad boys are getting a pass from tha Dog. Suddenly, "Aloha" means kissing every dark ass he can.. Looser.

I say, too little too late for the Dog.

Trace

Um Tiffany - Don't try to call anyonelse out. YOU are the one who sound as if YOU don't have a clue. AFRICAN AMERICANS WERE THE ONLY SLAVES IN THE US.... Everyone else were Indentured Servants - they had CONTRACTS that were for either debt repayments OR the payment of the passage to the United States. THEY VOLUNTARILY came to the States and were FREED at the END OF THEIR CONTRACTS!!!!!

Blacks on the other hand were CHATTEL PROPERTY - they could be SOLD AWAY from their families, raped and beaten at will. WITH NO RECOURSE and NO SLAVERY END DATE....

Yep there are all types of racial stereotypes and bad names - but again before you are rude to someone - KNOW WTF you ARE TALKING ABOUT!

kassandra

Let DOG keep his show. I feel sorry for his severly AGED wrinkle AS trailer trash and his big TIT BUTCHY looking wife/prison warden. DOG needs a job so he can pay for a facelift and Beth need to lose some weight and hair extensions.

connie

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY WE HAVE ALL SAID THINGS THAT WE DO NOT MEAN,UGLY HATEFUL THINGS IN ANGRY THAT WE WISH WE COULD TAKE BACK WHO ARE WE TO JUDGE DOG , WE ALL WATCH IS SHOW AND AT THIS TIME SHOULD STAND BY HIM , THE BIBLE TEACHS TO FORGIVE AND AS WE ARE FORGIVEN .

nanastarr

I anxiously wait for the Dog to come back on TV. He has done alot of work capturing all the criminals and he should be put back on tv.

miriam pierre

i am an African American woman and I do believe that Dog is sorry for his outburst ,we need to focus on those who are the real racist and aren't apologetic about it .Leave the man alone I am quite sure that he has learned his lessons

Party 'till you die!

Yup, this pig of a man is still trying to get his black person quota on! Again, maybe you should try to use black face paint to show just how black you feel! Great shot of a hypocritical, racist Christian! I'm sure he's praying "Angry Lord, please let me get my show back so I can quit hanging around all these......" Yeah, you know what word would go there!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments