Celebs Support The BugE ... Horse Not Invited

12/16/2007 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John LegendRemember the old horse buggies? Well they are sooo 19th century!

Several celebs including John Legend, Ne-Yo and Chris Daughtry showed their support for the fight against autism by signing a special edition BugE Personal EV (electric vehicle). Harvey Coachworks is working in cooperation with Autism Speaks charity to auction off the BugE. Need a ride?

And how about this -- it costs one penny per mile to operate, and recharges in about four hours from any home outlet. Time for a Road trip!

windy

can i sign too?

windy

is it a gocart?

me

Autism Speaks is an organization that believes autism is a condition to be cured. Many people from the autism advocacy movement (who are themselves on the autism spectrum) loathe this organization because it believes that people with autism need somehow to be "fixed." Celebrities ought to do their homework about the politics of this organization before they jump on their bandwagon.

K3VIN

I want one

KJ

Actually, its still a lot cheaper to run a bug-e via REAL horsepower, A Bug-E doesn't whinny to you in the morning when you go to hook it up, can't provide solace when you're down, can't bring a smile to your face wtih its antics and certainly can't give you a newborn life (foal) in which to renew your faith by.

Give me a real buggy and horse anyday!

Click HERE please.

Ride a bike you lazy people.

Brett

What do you do when it rains? Take your 1972 Chrysler Imperial to work?

Petite

It looks like a real fancy golf cart!
ZERO safety features, from what I can see, and probably NOT allowed on the freeway. I bet it tops out at 50miles per hour,MAX! Sucha bad idea, safety wise. Where in the hell would you feel safe driving one of these???

Petite

Posted at 3:58PM on Dec 16th 2007 by mom of asd kid

The info is appreciated.

who dat

They showed their support by signing an item? BFD. I hope they didn't get a muscle pull during the signing process.

SUE

OH PLEASE ...the stars showed the support by SIGNING ?

Lets see them cough up some of their dough to show support ...they all probably got one of these for free just for showing up .

velar

someone said Mr Bitten ever brought a membership on an online site RichLoving.com it is a service for rich men to seek extramarital relationship. is someone joking on he or he really wants a sugar baby?

Brit

THAT IS SO FUNNY....AND STRANGE

volGirl

I don't think Autism Speaks believes that autism can be "cured" per se. I think their main objective is learning-and teaching others- how to cope with autism spectrum disorders. It's my understanding that they are looking into why there is such a sudden influx of children being diagnosed. And I too speak from experience...by having a child with an autistic spectrum disorder and a Master's in developmental psychology. I have done a great deal of work with this organization and I am far from loathing it. BUT MY MAIN POINT: Good for celelbrities for doing something worthwhile instead of being arrested for DUIs and the like.

Kate

Autism Speaks adovates research and the possibility of a cure. Maybe I am part of a small crowd, but I wish there was a cure for my daughters autism. I don't know how any parent of an autistic child wouldn't wish for their child to not have to struggle in life and stand apart from their peers. Autism isn't the same as being quirky or different. It is a disability of the brain and I'm pretty sure if the kids could, they would ask for a cure.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments