Britney Wheeled Out on a Gurney!!

1/4/2008 12:38 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

OMG THE DRAMA! TMZ is there as Britney Spears was just wheeled out of her home on a gurney by paramedics. Look at that shot of her inside the ambulance -- she's frickin' smiling! Why God, why?!?

Once in the ambulance, paramedics can be seen trying to strap her legs down before taking off.

Britney Spears: Click to watchWe're told Britney is being taken to a local hospital on a "medical hold" -- essentially a mental evaluation. Cops found her earlier this evening at her home under the influence of an "unknown substance."

Cops were called to the popnightmare's home in Beverly Hills this evening, after she reportedly refused to return custody of her two kids to their father's bodyguard. Oh, the insanity of it all!

UPDATE: Britney has arrived at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. We're told as she was brought out of the ambulance, she flipped off the waiting paparazzi. Oh my God. That Britney's shameless!

Keep refreshing for updates!

PJ

Be cool - don't be like Perez - this girl needs help NOT public ridicule. Harvey you're a decent guy show some class!

I love u Travis

the bitch is dead, or at least one step away

whiskey.tango.foxtrot

THANK GOD SHE IS OKAY!!! NOW SHE NEEDS HELP! (OBVIOUS!) NOW SECOND DID ANYONE SEE THE VIDEO!! THEY WERE RESTRAINING HER TO THAT GURNEY!!!!!

SHE OBVIOUSLY DID NOT WANT TO GO!!! BY THE WAY IS ANYONE WATCHING THE LIVE FEED!?!?!?

heather

i live for this...

the lost

She will finally get help now, which is good, I suppose. I just hope she doesn't make a big "come back" because there are other celebs that deserve the attention she's always sucking away for herself.

Michelle

I feel so bad for those kids. They must have been so scared. I hope they are OK.

Geminat.com

watch it like at myfoxla.com

GERRY PULL UP YOUR PANTS!!

LET'S ALL GO GREET HER AT CEDARS!

jdunx

I sure hope (if that was her on the gurney) that she is and will be okay. something just isn't right with that girl, I sure hope doctors figure something out before it's too late....I hope the kid(s) are okay too....I just heared that a kid was put into one of the mbulances...OMG this sucks

Jan

It is sad the children were there. What in the hell was the court appointed monitor doing during all this??
A court ordered rehab is just what Britney needs!!! It is her only chance to survive. The kids should be taken away completely until she is well and a court appointed monitor should watch what is going on at KFed's house. KFed should be tested for drugs too. Britney did not take drugs until AFTER she met KFed. If the courts give KFed more money and free range of the children, they are still in danger. He is a sorry excuse for a man and a father.

Alicia

I hope that she realizes what she's geting herself into.

Anyone

Awwww! What a damn shame!

AZ MOMMY

It's more sad what her actions have done to her sons. Poor babies.

fatboy

haha! SLICE DOWN THE WRIST NOT ACROSS HONEY. I know it can be confusing sometimes.

god forbid you end up in an accident or in the hospital!

Oh I LOVE getting double coverage of this continuing train wreck.

/sarcasm

I don't mid reading about her here (because I can always scroll past it) but what I don't want it "Breaking News" and my local news station going to helicopter coverage of her.