Psychiatrists Slam Phil, Cedars

1/6/2008 8:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Eight psychiatrists tell TMZ they are shocked Cedars Sinai Medical Center let Dr. Phil go up to Britney Spears' room without her prior knowledge or consent.
Dr. Phil, Britney Spears
The shrinks had various things to say about Dr. Phil's visit to Brit's room, but the theme was unified -- that the hospital should not allow any doctor who does not have in-patient privileges into a patient's room, unless that patient has given prior consent. TMZ has learned Britney had no idea Dr. Phil was coming to her room and indeed when he walked in she became agitated and walked out. She eventually came back in and he pretty much did all the talking for around 15 minutes.

One psychiatrist called it "intrusive and inappropriate." Another shrink told us the hospital "is supposed to be a safe place. If the patient doesn't want to see someone, that person doesn't get in -- period."

Another shrink, who said he was "outraged and disgusted," added, "It is incredible that the hospital allowed Dr. Phil in her room. It's a total violation of her rights."

One doc surmised bluntly the hospital was "star struck" and let the TV doctor's profile override its judgment.

We're told early yesterday the show wanted to book Brit for a TV intervention that is being taped on Monday. We're told she wants nothing to do with it, and the show will not have her on. We're also told Brit's parents, who wanted Dr. Phil to visit Britney, had agreed at least initially to be on the program.

One shrink said splashing a private medical matter on TV and saying it's an intervention -- especially without the proper medical diagnosis -- is no way to run a railroad.

justified

I have been in the identical situation that Britney is in right now ...only 40 years ago. I'm 60 now and have been through so many years of recovery and overcoming the shame of losing custody. My problem was drugs and alcohol and my family was high-profile and I'm southern and Sagistarian. I have so much clarity about what she is going through and I wish I could have 15 min with her.

Dr. Phil is not thinking of Britney best interest by wanting to publicly perform an intervention on his show. That is publicly shaming !! This is too self-serving on Phil's part. If he wanted to assist privately and he gained her trust...fine. But on the show...sorry, Phil, but No....

Britney, if I new then what I know now, I would ask for help the best of alcohol/drug experts and put trust in them for 6 months, privately. Arrange with the judge to keep the custodey issue open while in treatment. It's time to stop spinning, Britney. You need clarity of sobriety and that means emotional sobriety too.

FLYONTHESHIT

CANT WAIT FOR THE NEW SEX TAPE OF A THREE WAY OTTA BE REAL GOOD TO WATCH WHILE EATING CHICKEN LEGS

dusty

Is he even a doctor?

Lori B

Bye Bye "Dr" Phil

RB

Who gives a rats ass??????????? I am sure Promises has s suite for her.

brahman

Dr Phil has some mental problems of his own if he thinks he can act this way and still be considered a professional.

NT

Check out ET Online. There is a photo of Dr. Phil posing and smiling with Kevin Frazier.

"ET and The Insider just finished the first exclusive sit-down interview with DR. PHIL one day after he met BRITNEY SPEARS at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Exclusive excerpts from our own KEVIN FRAZIER's interview will be available shortly. Keep checking back here!"

I'm shocked that Dr. Phil would completely exploit this situation. Not that I was a fan, he's so self-righteous and domineering to all his guests on his show, plus his advice is dimestore psychoanalysis and competely useless. I think he just burned his own bridge and hope this ruins his career, or at leasr he gets his ass sued. Wow, he must have a massive ego to think he's the solution to Britney's problems. Poor Britney, how is she supposed to ever get better with this kind of exploitation by a "medical professional"...I feel so badly for her, but at least she has the sense to stay away from that charlatan loser Dr. Phil.

FLYONTHESHIT

PHIL'S THE MAN HE HER ONLY HOPE OF BEING A GIRL IN DRAG AGAIN, WHERES THE SEX TAPE I WANNA SEE IT NOW !!

IS SHE DEAD YET ???
I WOULD LIKE TO BANG ROBBIN McGRAW SHE GOTS NICE T I T S AND A NICE A S S

roughdaddy

now you see where britney inherited her judgements? and as for the hospital people goes ga ga for tv and celebrities...even if they are professional!

SusanC

Dr Phil is a psychologist not a psychiatrist.

Shootingstar

If I was Britney, when I came to my right mind, I would sue.

Joe Cool

This so called Dr. Phil doesn't need to interview Britney (not that she would ever listen!) but instead he should be looking for available bed space to have his head checked out. What I dislike about this guy is that he PRETENDS to have the answers and that he actually cares about the people or the given situation on his show. Take away his show and credentials and you'd see how much he truly cares and for that matters knows. He and Britney are two birds of a feather...they both belong in the same nut-house. Someone who really knows him and his chosen profession should rip him a new one to give him something to think about. Next thing you know...he'll be saying....Not the baby Daddy!

FLYONTHESHIT

BRIT USED TO HAVE A SUPER BIG AMAZON BUSH NOW SHE SHAVES IT CLEAN U CAN SEE IN HER PICS THAT TMZ PUT ON OTHER SITES FRED DURST EVEN SAID IT ON THE HOWARD STERN SHOW, FRED TALKED ABOUT BANGING BRITTANY SPEARS ALL OVER THE PLACE SAID SHE EVEN LIKED HAVING HER SALAD TOSSED WOW WOW WOW WOW

Lenn K.

This is as bad as it get's. Just to showup and put your big nose where it doesn't belong. Dr. Phil is soooo over and full of his self. Britney should have thrown some broiling hot Starbucks on him.

windy