Dr. Joyce to Phil -- I'm With You, Bro

1/7/2008 1:37 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Joyce BrothersTMZ just spoke with the woman who practically invented TV pop psychology, Dr. Joyce Brothers, who says Dr. Phil acted appropriately.

Brothers said, "According to what I read, she did not ask Dr. Phil to come to her ... I'm not sure if that's so, but I don't know either one of them. Therapy is enormously helpful and important. If she can be helped by it, and Dr. Phil can get recognition for the importance of therapy, then a lot of good can come of it."

Dr. Phil has been slammed by a number of psychiatrists who told TMZ it was completely inappropriate for him to inject himself in Spears' medical crisis.

Phony Tony

Isn't she dead yet?

She looks dead.

sheesh

The problem with Dr. Phil is he is a media whore. He didn't do anything to help Britney. He did it to help his ratings. Why else would he have her parents on his show and want her on his show? If he truly cared it would have been done out of the spotlight.

Its Brian™ Bitch

L.O.S.E.R.S unite!!

MAMA jugs TO you

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HER FACE?

Phillip

ANOTHER JOKER....................... ALL OF THE TV PSYCHOLOGISTS SHOULD JUST GO AWAY.
THEY ARE A DISGRACE TO THE MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSION.

ATLchick

Wow she sure looks old!

SuperStarSteve

Let's just say it's not surprising coming from the Grand Madame of all psycho media whores.

MAMA jugs TO you

isn't she a sex therapist? maybe she can help me with my sex life. NOT

from Canada

It seems to be really hard for the anyone to get through to Britney. When psychiatrists or therapists offered to help her in private, she told them to get lost at the hospital.

So maybe Dr. Phil is the answer. You have to understand what kind of peronality Britney is. Britney obviously loves being in the spotlight, having her photo taken, being on TV, being talked about. Now she has an opportunity to be on national TV and be helped at the same time. Might as well give it a shot -maybe she will go for it!

Try your best Dr. Phil! Good luck!

Tangie

Good God! She has risen from her dirt nap!

DARK MEAT ONLY

I thought it was a picture of the psychic Jeanne Dixon. Isn't psychology and psychic phenomenon nearly the same? Or is it only similar when it relates to Hollywood stars? Hell, I don't know I probably need help from both my damn self.

Kasey

SomeONE had to step in. I give Dr Phil respect for trying. He went over the line, cause she NEEDS help.

shannonlynn

I don't think it matters how many people step in. If Britney thinks she doens't have a problem then she won't be receptive to the help.

Im just sayin

#8 - thats Dr. Ruth you're thinking of.

Does Dr. Joyce look like she has some nose candy going on??

blablabla

NOTICE HOW SHE AVOIDS THE QUESTION OF HIS UNETHICAL APPROACHES TO BRIT!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS JUST DAMAGE CONTROL CREATING MORE DAMAGE!!!!!!!

NOTICE HOW SHE AVOIDS THE QUESTION OF HIS UNETHICAL APPROACHES TO BRIT!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS JUST DAMAGE CONTROL CREATING MORE DAMAGE!!!!!!!

NOTICE HOW SHE AVOIDS THE QUESTION OF HIS UNETHICAL APPROACHES TO BRIT!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS JUST DAMAGE CONTROL CREATING MORE DAMAGE!!!!!!!

NOTICE HOW SHE AVOIDS THE QUESTION OF HIS UNETHICAL APPROACHES TO BRIT!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS JUST DAMAGE CONTROL CREATING MORE DAMAGE!!!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments