Rosie -- Brit's the Next Princess Di!

1/15/2008 4:16 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rosie O'Donnell -- who once offered up her home to Britney Spears -- is now comparing Britney's fate to Princess Diana's, calling her pap-tourage a "mob of stalkers" and saying that she's just "inches" from disaster.
Brit, Rosie, Di
Though Ro doesn't use Brit's name, she quite unmistakably likens Spears to Di in her blog entry: "She will be trying to get away, but they will chase her, just as they chased her into that church yesterday ... Even her last-minute, folded-hand prayers can't be kept sacred."

With uncharacteristic punctuation and standard orthography, she continues, "But she asked for it, she's a public figure ... Not a girl, barely even a woman yet, they chased her. A mob of stalkers for whom no stalking laws have been written. Smother. Crush. Flash. Photo Credit."

Ro then takes a swipe at that bald psychologist, saying, "Even Dr. 'Get Real' Phil got in on the action. Unreal."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Vanity Killz

It's Rosie !!! My eyes are BLEEDING ! :<

she smiled

And like Diana has hooked up with and Arab dude. I'm sure the Royal Family will have Britney killed, too.

MOM

oh shut up you fat ass bitch

teeks

Rosie O'donnell needs to shut her hypocritical hole. I can't stand how she thinks people even CARE what she thinks by posting her stupid blogs. TMZ you are only feeding into it!

FABIO

Hopefully she will have ROSIE in the front seat with her when she dies!!!

Party 'till you die!

23. "I remember the tunnel as it appeared on the news, lit by headlights, flashlights, red lights. Between the cement tall pillars was a heap of twisted metal. I saw it then, and I can see it now. Diana dead.

She will be trying to get away, but they will chase her, just as they chased her into that church yesterday. There were dozens of them, jostling their way into sanctuary, elbowing past each other, just to creep closer to her. Even her last-minute, folded-hand prayers can’t be kept sacred. There can be no silent moments in a crowd; no silence, and no secrets.

All this fresh, painful frailty costs her so much, but it lines their pockets very well. A kings ransom was paid for those tabloid-ready cheap shots of her with messy hair, tear-soaked eyes, and the half-smile of a desperate baby girl.

“I’m scared,” she told them yesterday, when they later mobbed her at court. “Move back,” she said. “I’m scared. Stop it. Stop it. I want to get back in the car. Just stop it. Let me get in the car, please.”

Sometimes it really is too much. Internal wires cross. Anxiety hits. Panic sets in the heart. Dread. Fear.

But she asked for it, she’s a public figure.

At eight years old, she bravely stood before a microphone. By 17, she had sold 25 million records. Where were the sidewalk-skinned knees, the chalk stained hands, the monkey bars, the passed notes? A Disney set is not a childhood, no matter how many bright colors they use, or how cheerful the script.

Not a girl, barely even a woman yet, they chased her. A mob of stalkers for whom no stalking laws have been written. Smother. Crush. Flash. Photo Credit. Even Dr. “Get Real” Phil got in on the action. Unreal.

83 million albums sold so far. How many pictures?

The tunnel is crowded now. There are only inches of separation between vulnerability and disaster."

- Rosie Odonnell's kind words about Britney on her official website.

Posted at 2:35PM on Jan 15th 2008 by Bobbi Jo

Just Wondering

How dare she compares trashy Britney with the beautiful humanitarian and classy Lady Diana!!!

Rosie needs to get some mental help for herself before trying to help others!!!

Wingnut

It pains me to say this, but she's right.

Twinker

That would make Kevin Federline a prince, right??

ZurichHottie

I really hope she can find the help she needs outside the light of entertainment. She needs Oprah!

Laurie

I completely agree with Rosie for once!!

ME

I don't like Rosie but I think she's right in this case.

Adrienne

Rosie stays away from the paps, Britney doesn't. Big difference here, with Diana and Britney. Diana was a good mother, a good person who didn't want the paps around. The paps killed her, I wish they could do the same with Britney. They could kill a useless star and maybe the laws would change.

c

People may not like Rosie O'donell or Britney Spears but, a tragedy is going to happen. How anybody can make negative comments about this is sad. Pointing the finger will not help. Sad....just sad.

shirliana

PLEASE ROSIE - GET A GRIP OF YOURSELF... SHE IS NOW DATING THIS VERY NICE PAPPARAZI WHO TAKES CARE OF HER LIKE A PRINCESS...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments