Affleck Vetoes Fan Worship at Capitol

1/16/2008 9:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Looks like Ben Affleck isn't exactly a man of the people -- even though he's playing a Congressman in an upcoming movie.
Ben Affleck
Sources tell TMZ that Ben was in the Capitol building to research his role in next year's "State of Play," and while he met with Speaker Nancy Pelosi and members of the Massachusetts delegation, when it came to younger fans, he quickly filibustered the crowds. He signed a few autographs, but after a little while, says one cop, "He didn't want anybody around him" -- and had security fend off the squealing crowds.

We're also told that when he went to meet his Mass. brethren, he slipped into that Pahk-yah-cah accent. "It was cute," says a staffer. "His accent came out a little bit." Chowdah-head!

Jessica

he done did what?????

Lori2U

FREAKS!!!

Party 'till you die!

I hope TMZ doesn't end today on this story! How bout Brit ODing, or wrapped around a tree in the gold Merc?!? Talk about ending on a low note!

NUMbnuts

I BELIEVE HE WEARS A TOUPEE!!!!

JJ

WHAT A FOOL...........
WORSE ACTOR IN HOLLYWOOD; HELL HE EVEN MADE SUPERMAN LOOK LIKE CRAP!

roughdaddy

so what? why should he stand there all day and banter with a group of annoying strangers? hes not really running for office hes just acting as one!!!

What?

Hi, TMZ copywriter-- this posting doesn't make sense. The word filibuster means to extend debate. (NY Sen. Al D'Amato once filibustered for 15 hours in a marathon session on the floor of the Senate. It was actually pretty entertaining. He read telephone books, staff directories, sang songs, etc. just to keep the filibuster going. He finally ended around 3 a.m.) Just thought you might like to know.

I'm starting to like this guy.

A year ago Nancy Pelosi promised us she woudl have us out of Iraq by this time!

Instead, she has done nothing but request larger private jets and extragavant gourmet meals.

Even Cindy Sheehan would do a better job than Nancy Pelosi.

dreamer

I've always thought Ben was a jugheaded pooter.

A.

I can't believe the petty things TMZ dreams up.

Mike

I actually work on Capitol Hill AND had my picture taken with him. He definitely did not want people around him.

dirty white boy.

HE SUCKS.

faye

Gee. I wonder who he thinks buys the tickets to the movie theaters and rents the videos that ultimately pay his salary? What a conceited ass.

cloe

In his defense, he was there doing research for his job. He would've been detained all damn day signing autographs for everyone. I think the general public really expects WAY too much of actors/actresses. I can see signing autographs on the red carpet or out for an event type of thing but expecting them to do it 24/7 is crazy. I really don't get the autograph thing anyway.

Erick

He did stop for some people. Was he suposed to stop for every single person?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments