Paps Busted After Crazy Britney Chase

1/17/2008 10:03 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that four paparazzi were arrested for reckless driving last night after chasing Britney Spears' car around Mission Hills, Calif. -- and four more were pulled over for driving crazazy-like.

Around 11:20 PM last night, according to law enforcement sources, police pulled over a total of eight vehicles driven by photogs, after they were observed driving evasively at a high rate of speed and making dangerous lane changes in and around Mission Hills. Four of the drivers were arrested.

We're also told that Britney herself told cops that one of the cars may have tried to "run her off the road," but she couldn't ID which car it was, so no action was taken. Also, we spotted her going to Kitson -- the clothing store -- at 1:30 in the morning. Yes, she made them open up the store.

TMZ has also learned that cops were pleasantly surprised when Britney forked over a valid California driver's license.

MysticShadow

What a self-centered, shallow, horrible person she is. The employees of the store actually opened the store for her at 1:30AM?! What are they - stupid?? I wouldn't open any doors for any celebrity at 1:30 in the morning. She can shop like us "real" people. I have no idea who she thinks she is but, in my book, she's a total loser. All you K-Fed haters, he obviously is doing something right - clean drug screens, proper parenting skills, etc. Leave his ex alone in all this. If Shar is helping Kevin out, that shows just how compassionate she is. It's obvious the Twit is totally incapable of doing so. He also didn't "cause" her downfall. She did that on her own. It's unfortunate you Twit lovers fail to see that. She, and she alone, is responsible for her own actions. Go Kevin!!

Wow - Ugliness

STOP SAYING THAT BRITNEY NEEDS HELP OR SOMEONE INTERVENE, YOU TARDS WILL BELIEVE ANYTHING THE MEDIA FEEDS YOU.
BRITNEY IS SMART, BUATIFUL, SEXY AND CAN AFFORD TOS HOP, YOU CANNOT. THEREFORE YOU ARE THE ONES THAT NEED HELP PAYING YOUR MORTGATE OR YOUR CC BILLS.
BRITNEY IS DOING FINE, ITS KFED THE MOHAWK DORK THATS GIVING HER PROBLEMS AND UNFORTUANTLY HER KIDS WILLSUFFER BECAUSE KFED IS TRYING TO STEAL ALL OF BRITS MONEY.
DONT MESS WITH BRITNEY AND HER $250K MERCEDES BENZ, BRITNEY SHOULD GET OIL SLICK AND SMOKE SCRREEN INSTALLED IN HER CAR HAHAAHAA

###########################################

TO THE PERSON WHO WOTE THIS - YOU ARE A GIANT TOOL....
'Nuf said...

Vanity Killz

questor FYI
you are only allowed to use words you can spell hun.

my, my, my

I am so glad the police have decided to crack down on this craziness. Next, when Britney does crazy stuff in public, her a.s.s needs to arrested

Mama

How can she 'make' a store open in the middle of the night? How does she know who to call? Did you catch that, when she pulled up to the courthouse for that last hearing, everyone (paps, police, and whoever was in her car) were encouraging her to go inside ... except Adnan and he told her NOT to go to court. The nuttier he can 'help' her become, the better news and photos his employer can get. Sick.

michelle

She can't "make" Kitson open. If they chose to open for her, then who cares. And those paps should have been arrested long ago.

Lori B

They should do more to prevent this kind of paparazzi crush on celebs in the future. I think people need to focus on the paparazzi problem. I think the articles where there is a respectful amount of distance are better than when you have a video of a scared crazy celebrity.

Posted at 8:34AM on Jan 17th 2008 by ana
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maybe if Britney and Adnan didn't let them know when they were going out and where they were going, the paps wouldn't be chasing them like they do.

Juan Valadez

I HAVE BRITNEY SPEARS ON VIDEO !!!!!!!!!!! YEP, WAS IN PACOIMA LAST NIGHT AROUND 11:30PM ON VAN NUYS BLVD WHEN SHE WAS PULLED OVER IN HER MERCEDES BENZ!!!!!!!!!! PAPARAZZI WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Juan Valadez

I SHOT THE VIDEO AS I WAS PULLING UP TO MY FRIENDS APT. NEAR ARLETA HIGH SCHOOL... PAPARAZZI WAS ARRESTED... VIDEO IS DARK BUT YOU CAN SEE BRITNEYS MERCEDES BENZ AND COPS TALKING TO HER.... DEBAUCHERY!!!!

Sandi

Hello? HOW COME the dumb Brit has NEVER been ticketed or arrested for HER driving antics. What a bunch of BS! I am sooooooo glad I do not live in LA and have to deal with the obvious bias of the police and sheriff's departments. They are a joke around the whole country. Don't they know that?

Vanity Killz

SuziON

I'm so sure that she "made" them open the store. She'd be the one arrested if that was the case. You can't make someone open their store! They wanted to open their store. And ha-ha to the paps who got arrested!! I hope they start getting arrested for stalking too!!

Vanity Killz

MAMA -
Money talks maybe ?

duh :/

Lori B

41. It's funny, people come here to see the clips and pics paps get of celebs then the ignorant ones post weak bs comments about paps causing / or being the problem. I can hear the people at tmz who monitor these comments laughing all the way in Texas :p

Posted at 8:42AM on Jan 17th 2008 by Vanity Killz
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I betcha nobody from X-17 or Finalpixx were among the arrested.

Lori B

42. To Elaine, if a person is being chased by a sworm of people whose only job is to get in the way ofcourse they are going to run!!! Duh!!! Don't you remember what happened to Princess Di. It was because of those leaches that she had to die. I am glad the cops finally did something about it.

Posted at 8:42AM on Jan 17th 2008 by Tara
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No, I'm pretty sure that was because Princess Di's driver was thoroughly intoxicated.