Heath's Body Removed from the Building

1/22/2008 8:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Heath Ledger's body has just been removed from the Soho building where he was found dead. The body was carried out in a black body bag and placed in the back of the City of New York Medical Examiner's truck.

Darren Pollard (NYC)

Such a sad day for fellow Aussie in NYC ... my condolences to Olivia, Ashleigh Bell, Sally and Kim. A great actor in the prime of his career. Unfortunately the paparazzi and media will now have another frenzy on the hands for all the wrong reasons.
RIP.

Alex

Do you people have no shame? Heath Ledger is dead. Don't you care what his family's going through? No. All you can do is post pictures of him in a body bag. Wow. I'm glad that when his daughter old enough to understand what happened, she can go to your website and see her dad in a body bag.

Sarah

This is absolutely gut renching. It makes me sick how hollywood and all the stress has ruined and taken so many lifes. I would not trade my life for anything in this world including money and fame...it has destroyed britney, heath, brad, amy, and hundreds of more people. It turns them into something they are not and messes with their heads. A good majority of them get into hard drugs and other addictions because it is the "cool" thing to do in that envirionment.Its totally sad. My heart and prayers go out to his little girl that will never see him again.

Phony Tony

What a blithering idiot.

He wasted his life for drugs.

Poor dumb dead dodo.

Alissa

That's hideous. That's someones father, brother, son - eww, TMZ. So much for Resting in Peace.

Wow my goodnesss

We're all feeling the loss then here comes #7, Katie. Silly

jessica

what happened..wheres his ex and daughter

huckbilly

OMG!

You are going too far TMZ!

How can you film this poor guy... i mean this corpse... it's insane.

Sloan

Hey TMZ,

What, no questions for the corpse?

I can't believe you didn't run up there and open up the body bag.

Will you be staking out the morgue?

I guess maybe you'll just try and track down his ex-wife and daughter and hound them about now, huh?

You people are freaking ghouls.

Rebekkah

So so so, sad!!!! My prayers go out to his family

J

This is disgusting, TMZ. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

heartbroken

This is so disturbing!! The good ones always go way too soon. You people need to quit assuming he was a druggie, no one knows for sure what happened. My prayers are with his family . Rest in Peace, Heath, you will be a legend.

toots

Though I find this very sad and shocking. If it turns out that this is from him taking pills I feel sorry for michelle for having to tell their daughter that she will never see her daddy again and that she has to grow up w/o him. I find it very selfish of people to do this when they have kids. I loved his work wish this didn't happen so we could see more of him. My prayers and thoughts are with his family.

Jerry Girl

Dear God,

It's me Maggie, please let the next one to die be H. Levin and various/all members of his staff!

Oh, and thank you for the boobs !

Love,
Karin

Ashley

This is so devastating! I hope it's not suicide! He was so young and such a great actor!