Michelle Williams -- Devastated

1/22/2008 9:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michelle Williams is "devastated" by the death of her former fiance, Heath Ledger.

We're told that "words cannot describe" the pain she is in over the news about the father of her child, Matilda Rose.

We're told she is on a plane heading to NY right now.

Cairenn

I thought that they were married? Still married, just separated?

stopthepresses

I am so sorry, especially for his little girl. He will be missed. God rest his soul.

Clara

Aww poor Michelle and Matilda! Its got to be hard,,, =[

meme

I cant imagine what she must fell, his daughter is only 2, that has to be the worst. My heart goes out to all of his family....RIP Heath

Regina Gale

He was a great talent. I fell so sorry 4 Michelle,Mitilda,and reast of heaths family. RIP

Mary

I'm sorry for his family...he will be missed.

Dave the pig

This is so devastating and how tragic to have someone die so young!

My condolensces to the Ledger family and to Michelle Williams and their young baby girl.

I hope Michelle teaches Matilda to never forget her father. May God protect his soul.

melissa

It's just so very sad....my thoughts and prayers are with his family and daughter.

jill

so tragic and sad. His poor daughter will never know her father. Way too young to die. Take a look at your life, what can you do better? Stop being mean to people and love life.

Ann

I feel sorry for the little girl she is going to grow up with out her father in her life
it was a shock to wake up and hear heath ledger was died at first i thought i was being tricked by my sister
Heath will always live in our hearts depending on weather you liked him or not .

R.I.P Heath :(

kim

my heart goes out to heaths family and michelle and their daughter such a good actor with so much going for him may he rest in peace

Me

My sympathies to her, that precious little girl, and his family. Such a tragic loss.

sexyshortey

I can not believe it! I feel so bad for Michelle. . . I bet she didnt even know until the broke the news on TV. Wow :(

Aic713

God bless both Michelle & their daughter Matilda. I couldn't even begin to imagine how had it must be for her to have to break the news to her baby girl, that her daddy is no longer here. My heart truly goes out to all of them at this time. Prayers & thoughts with all.

MC

She's kind of sexy. I should offer myself to her in her time of need :)