Remembering Heath

1/22/2008 9:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Remembering Heath Ledger: click to view gallery

-- Born Heathcliff Andrew Ledger, April 4, 1979 in Perth, Australia
-- Son of a French teacher and race car driver/mining engineer
-- Left high school at 16 to pursue a career in acting
-- Made his first big screen splash in the US in 1999 as Patrick Verona in "10 Things I Hate About You"
-- Dated Naomi Watts from 2002 - 2004
-- Won a ShoWest Award for the Male Star of Tomorrow based on his performance in "The Patriot"
-- Named one of Australian GQ's Men of the Year for acting, 2003
-- In 2005, he received a Golden Globe nomination for "Best Actor in a Drama" for "Brokeback Mountain"
-- Heath became engaged to Michelle Williams, whom he met on the set of "Brokeback Mountain"
-- Daughter Matilda Rose born October 28, 2005
-- Academy Award Best Actor nominee for his role in "Brokeback Mountain", 2006
-- Williams and Ledger split in August, 2007
-- Heath found dead in NYC at the age of 28, January 22, 2008

Ashie

Nice tribute!

Nicole

RIP HEATH!! You will be missed. =(

donna

RIP

what a world

Heartbreaking.

Lety

So sad. He was such a beautiful and talented man. One of my favorite actors. My thoughts go out to his family.

CivWarGirl

Heath was a wonderful actor...He will be sorely missed by all. I am sadden by the tragic loss of one so young. Myself the same age I can not imagine not seeing my sone grow up as Heath will not see his daughter grow up.
Thoughts and prayers are with Heath's family, Michelle, and Matilda...

Stepnie

Al thesetributes already. You can tell he was really liked. What a shame Please keep his little daughter in your toughts. She will be the one who will truly suffer.

T-Fed

Heath, such a brilliant actor. I will miss you so much Heath. I am so saddend for your family .

D.H

This is the most depressing news I've heard in awhile! =0(

Cluck You PETA

It is so sad that his little girl will grow up not knowing or remembering her father.

MH

Very sad. My thoughts are with his friends and family.

clara

He was born the same day as me!!

Michelle

So sad. What a young tragic loss, for everyone. He will be missed. Prayers to the family, and his little girl. Terrible to have her lose her father. RIP Heath.

Tara Kell

just cant express the shock and sorrow i feel right now. when i first heard i kept saying"this cant be real." my heart breaks for Matilda and the rest of his family. That poor little girl is going to grow up without a father. The rest of his family has to go on living without this amazing man. We all have to go on without ever seeing his smiling face light up a room, screen, or picture ever again. So very heart breaking. May God keep you Heath. You will never know what you ment to so many people. I will NEVER forget you. Love Tara Kell

Julie G.

I was shocked when I just sat down to watch T.V. breaking news on Fox News. I could not believe it.. So sad.. My prayers thoughts out with the family of Heath Ledger.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments