Sleeping Pills Strewn Around Ledger

1/22/2008 8:03 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Heath LedgerLaw enforcement sources tell TMZ sleeping pills were strewn around the bed of Heath Ledger.

One law enforcement source told us it is much too early to determine if the death was accidental or suicide.

Heather

I am sad on this day that such a talented actor is no longer with us, he was one of my favorit actors and I wish his family the best,,,,

brook

News reports tell of a interview with him talking about taking sleeping pills to get some sleep because of all the traveling with making of the new Batman,,, he had to take a couple of perscription strength sleeping pills within a hour of each other because he could not stay asleep long enough to help him get good rest. Hopefully it was accidental.. RIP Heath

Bonnie

Very very sad. Much to young to die! He will be missed!

maan

How terribly sad. I feel for his family and especially his daughter. I hope it isn't suicide. It is so hard on those close, and immensly hard on those who have to pick up the pieces and explain to those who are young, the answers that may never come. Why? I pray that our merciful God has opened up Heaven to him and that throught living his new life he will come to find peace and learn from the past. I pray that as Heath begins his new life and understands his last life, he will look down on his little girl and send every possible good will her way. May God bless those he left behind!

Andi

Report the facts. Leave any girl or girlfriend out of it. It is bad enough that he is no longer with his friends and family. My prayers go out to them. RIP

isolode

I gotta wonder.....It takes about 45 min for any pills that you take to circulate within your system and have any kind of an effect on you, and most likley, if the dose you took was a lethal one, sometime within that hour long period you would begin to see signs of imminent death; respitory increasing, then slowing, cardiac slowing then quickening, and ultimatley cardiac failure. A person would not last more than 1 hour if the dose taken was indeed a lethal one. Now, he was found at 3:30 in the afternoon in full cardiac arrest, but still alive. This would mean that the pills were likley taken at 2:30pm or later. Why would someone take a dose of sleeping pills, especially such a large dose, knowing that they had an appointment a mere hour and a half later...unless they never planned on making the appointment.. In my professional opinion, I think this was likley a successful suicide attmept. Either way, it is very sad...rip.

momknowsbest

I've never thought TMZ a very credible source, so I came to this site to prove myself correct. Since this news broke, TMZ has posted one rumor after another which have already been proven untrue or half-truths. A police spokeswoman is quoted by a credible news network as saying the pills were "over the counter sleep aids." However, TMZ just reports "sleeping pills", leaving an inference that Ledger abused prescription medication. By chance, did the "confidante" who told TMZ that Ledger had a substance abuse problem happen to mention what the substance was? I didn't think so. This site is about as useless as the National Enquirer, perhaps even more so, since it cannot be used to line a birdcage.

sternbo

unless there are other drugs involved one does not die from sleeping pills unless you perhaps take a handful so lets wait to see tomm

OhReally!

Unbelievable!!! God bless his family and friends. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2181126/

build a bridge and get over it!

I really think people should stop making childish remarks!! He was a GREAT actor and he was definetly one of my favorites! a very sad day for hollywood! He could play almost any kind of role and people can say what they want about brokeback mountain but it took ALOT of guts to portray a gay man and actually be a strait man in real life!
R.I.P. HEATH!!

poo

at least fox has streaming video....guess cuz its not brit-brit. pathetic!

iluvrobinleech

suicide? someone explain to me why famous rich people do shiz like this? what a waste of accomplishment. all for what?

PsychoDas

This is a "Dark Night". You gave it everything and now you are gunna be greatly missed. Peace young man.

that.is.all

Hold your horses people, maybe he died of natural causes.

RIP Heath

You will be missed

who fuggin cares

DR DREW PINSKY SEEMS TO THINK THAT SINCE THESE PILLS ARE

NON PRESCRIPTION SLEEPING PILLS
NON PRESCRIPTION SLEEPING PILLS
NON PRESCRIPTION SLEEPING PILLS
NON PRESCRIPTION SLEEPING PILLS
NON PRESCRIPTION SLEEPING PILLS
NON PRESCRIPTION SLEEPING PILLS

ITS MORE LIKELY HE DIED FROM THE TYLENOL IN THOSE PILLS. TYLENOL IS MUCH MORE TOXIC TO YOUR BODY THAN DIPHENHYDRAMINE (NON-PRESCRIPTION SLEEP AID).