Medical Examiner: Ledger Autopsy Inconclusive

1/23/2008 12:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Heath LedgerAn autopsy on Heath Ledger was inconclusive this morning, pending toxicology results.

The New York Medical Examiner's office tells TMZ it will take anywhere between ten days and two weeks to obtain test results. As TMZ first reported, the death appears to have been accidental.

Me

Does it really matter how he died? Another lost of life with great talent. May he rest in peace and may his family find comfort in remembering the good times they shared together.

just me

#45. They would've found a pulmonary embolism during the autopsy, idiot! They're waiting for the drug tests to come in.

Posted at 12:06PM on Jan 23rd 2008 by ME

Only results of the preliminary autopsy have been disclosed. Extensive autopsy takes many hours, days in some cases, and involves examination of each of the internal organs until the cause of death is discovered. That is not complete, IDIOT! That is when a pulmonary embolism will be discovered if there is one. It is a process of elimination, organ by organ, and a pulmonary embolism would not be found on preliminary examination unless they suspected an embolism and targeted the pulmonary arteries during the preliminary examination.

Will

Heath Ledger was a beautiful human being and an awesome actor. He will be sorely missed. Another Hollywood actor dies too young to drugs. Such a shame. I feel badly for Michelle and Matilda.

anon

so shocking im still stunned i think it effects me worse when its someone my own age im 27 next week he was 28. Condolances of course to the family and poor michelle and of course jake is the godfather to that poor child -such a waste. Another hollywood casulty- its not a place you go lightly at all.

eyesawy

After reading his recent comments to the New York Post about his trouble sleeping, his mind racing, and sleeping pills weren't helping, I'm convinced it was an accidental overdose. I've been at that exact place with the sleeping trouble and had prescribed sleeping pills not work so I take more than prescribed just to try and get some sleeping relief. I would always check what the maximum safe dose was first, though.

I'm sure he just took too many sleeping pills trying to just get some sleep. Such a tragic way to go. I'm so sorry for his family and friends. My prayers go out to them!

ME

He died of a pill/drug overdose. That's why they have to wait 10 days to 2 weeks for the results, just me!!!! Get real!

JMD

This was a huge shock, he was a great actor. All my prayers go out to his family and friends.

geeewhiz

R.I.P.

Tiffany

Some people have no mercy. He just passed away yesturday and you people are already talking about how he OD. He has family and friends that are very saddened by this. Don't you think you guys should stay out of it and keep to yourself? I'm not talking about the people who actual care about his death but the people who critize it.

mandy0600

The world lost an AMAZING actor and person. He seemed to be a very loving person and wonderful father. He will definately be missed and may God give the hearts of Heaths loved ones peace during this time; especially Michelle since she will have to handle this with their young daughter. Everyone here trying to make cracks about him ODing and stuff also need to get a life. No one knows what happened but him and God and the things that people run through the rumor mill about this wonderful person will one day be read by his little girl. Would you want to read such awful things about your deceased father?

truebeliever

What a tragedy! As a medical professional, I don't understand this live fast die young mentality in young Hollywood. I am afraid there are going to be more casualties & sooner rather than later. No autopsy report is final until all lab results are back so it will take several weeks. I pray for his family, ex girlfriend & baby daughter.I've seen a lot of people die & it's always the young ones that break your heart!

Steph2

In reply to FREEDOMS post.....

"Those hate mongers who say they will picket the church at Heath's funeral, the people from the HATE CHURCH who don't like Heath because he played a homosexual in Brokeback Mountain are idiots. They will not go to Heaven. Heath was not gay, he played a part in a movie. Besides, gay people should not be hated. What is wrong with people?"

I HATE those people who are going to picket at his funeral. I swear they should be the ones dead. People should do whatever the hell they want to do without anyone saying anything. And again, like you said... Heath was NOT gay... and even if he was... Who cares??

UGGGGGGGGGGGG I'm beginning to hate the world even more! lol

BTW Awesome post Freedom... KUDOS!!!

Adrienne

44. There is no hate church in Australia, so unless they get on a plane to Perth they won't spreading their filth at his funeral

Posted at 12:04PM on Jan 23rd 2008 by demondave
________________________________________

I am glad to here that, I am thinking the Aussies could stop those hate mongers, we Americans can't because of that freedom of expression law that we have, I wish we could make exceptions for Westboro Baptist Church, because it's really a hate group disguised as a church.

kimmie

I wish everyone would wait for the full autopsy results. He was a human being with a daughter and family that doesn't need accusations of suicide and drugs, but then again I guess pnemonia doesn't sell stories as well. Everyone always wants to believe the worst. God Bless all Heaths family, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Adrienne

demondave

Also, maybe if his parents knew what wbc is planning they would bury him in Australia? maybe you could pass the word, or do they already know.