Medicines Found in Heath's Apartment

1/23/2008 5:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed two of the medications found at Heath Ledger's apartment were Xanax and Valium, both anti-anxiety drugs. Cops also found Ambien, along with several medications prescribed in Europe.

Heath's body has since been transported from the Medical Examiner's office to the Campbell Funeral Home in NY.

19th Nervous Breakdown

I was just at a message board and some idiot asked if we thought that Heath's death was caused by God for his role in "Brokeback Mountain." I was horrified by this question/comment. I just want to say that this is a tragic time for his family and there is no place for garbage comments like that or any other kind. I just want to give my condolences to his family and pray that they get through this alright.

to #12:
Whats beautiful about a man that abuses drugs and leaves behind a 2 year old daughter?
NOTHING. How beautiful would he seem while he was snorting whatever went up that 20dollar bill rolled up?
I wont even go into how usless praying is for who hes left behind.

and to #3 who said "Who cares what he did.... just remember him for how great he was!"
WTF?!?!
doesnt what someone DOES define how great they are, or NOT???
"Who cares what he did?!?!"

Last time I checked, a good father cares for a child and does so by caring for himself too at least enough to be able to be an actual father. Making sure hes around to care for the child. This should be our most basic instinct. whats so great about a guy that continued to have a substance abuse problem after having a child?? Now hes dead.
If this was your neighbor found naked with pills on his bed leaving a daughter of 2, youd say "what a selfish loser!" But Heath is different cause he has a chiseled jaw and pretends to be a good Joker in a Batman movie?!?!

This is what you all find beautiful?

REALLY??

angel46

GUESS HE COULDN'T HANDLE THE "REAL WORLD". NOW HE DOESN'T HAVE TO. HIS HABIT IS CURED FOREVER. GEE WHIZ, HAVE A CHILD AND THEN HIT THE ROAD...THAT'S WHAT IT AMOUNTS TO.

.:Loki 4Ever:.

I TAKE ANTI-ANXIETY MEDS... XANAX.. AND I DONT WANT TO DIE.. ANXIETY IS FROM STRESS. NOT DEPRESSION

meme

Why are people being so vicious in their comments
A family is missing their son, brother etc
A small girl will never know her Daddy
Have a heart people!!

Adrienne

In response to stabby

OK, I get what you are saying about prescription drugs can be abused, I do understand that, I guess it just bothers me that so many posts have been that he died of a drug overdose, when the autopsy hasn't even finalized yet.

There are so many assupmtions flowing right now, heart attact, pneumonia, overdose, etc., and none of this has been confirmed.

Now, it seems that the crazy wbc is out to protest his funeral, and that really gets me, the whole situation is sad, and I feel for him and his family. I am stunned by the posts from yesterday still, but expect more as they seem to have been posting a lot on TMZ.

chillout music girl

Beware of ambien people - it has bad interactions like allergic shock , heart attack and worse.. it can be abused...

I read this information on a Rx website

Ambien Overdose

Ambien with the generic name of Zolpidem belongs to a class of medicines that effects the central nervous system, called sedative hypnotics. Ambien is closely related to a family of drugs called benzodiazepines. These drugs cause sedation, muscle relaxation, act as anti-convulsants (anti-seizure), and have anti-anxiety properties. Ambien has selectivity in that it has little of the muscle relaxant or anti-seizure effect and more of the sedative effect. Therefore, it is used as a medication for sleep. People who take too much Ambien may become excessively sleepy or even go into a light coma. The symptoms of overdose are more severe if the person is also taking other drugs that depress the central nervous system. Some cases of multiple overdoses have been fatal.

When abused, Ambien tablets are taken orally, crushed and then snorted, or dissolved in water and "cooked" for intravenous injection.

Overdose of Ambien may include:

sleepiness
confusion
dizziness
clumsiness
severe nausea or vomiting
staggering
difficult or slow breathing
slowed heart rate
unconsciousness

anonymous

I think the beat way to honor his memory is to celebrate his career as an actor. I always enjoyed his work in "The Patriot". It was a very warm and intelligent performance.

Adrienne

#14 - Why would you even put that name as your moniker? You actually seem too normal to associate yourself with that dribble

Cheryl

This is so sad. A YOUNG MAN'S LIFE TAKEN AWAY.......... all because of pills..... WHY DO MOST CELEBRITIES NEED to TAKE THESE MEDICATIONS? aparently. taking too many different medications are deadly!! I pray for his child & mother & father. They are the people who will forever grieve their lost!!! RIP

CarJacker

The man is dead leaving behind a beautiful daughter. Man is not even cold and the vultures are starting with a the smack they can find on this wondeful actor. Leave the man alone- respect his wife, child and family. May Heath finally have peace.

D ryan

His parents have made statements over and over that it wasn't suicide-"he wasn't that kind of person" no- he was a "drug additct kind of person". I think suicide would be a step up. Are all of the so called entertainers in the entertainment business today (if you can still call it entertainment) druggies, alcoholics, sluts, unfit parents, overweight, underweight, gamblers, materialistic no talent nothings? Poor Ledger-his work was sooo hard-try working in a factory for 40 years supporting a family and still maintaining high morals (most of you will have to look that one up). These sloths are put up in lights for doing nothing and who put them up there? That's right, the moronic public. SAD

bitch

#52- Because its true.

nobodyelsebrokedownlastnight

#41 nervous
so if this is how you feel why are you repeating it and giving this ass wipe even more space on another blog,you did exactley what he wanted

Oh boy

Judge not lest ye be judged