Britney Went Willingly

1/31/2008 6:34 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsTMZ has learned the plan to get Britney into UCLA Medical Center had been hatched for days -- it was aborted last night, but executed just minutes ago.

Back at her house, Britney's psychiatrist told her she was going to the hospital. Her response was, "Is something wrong?" She was not resistant. She made hot chocolate and waited before paramedics arrived and placed her on a gurney.

We're told the psychiatrist felt her condition had deteriorated. Britney had not slept since Saturday -- a day and half longer than she stayed up in recent memory.

The reason she's at UCLA is her new treating psychiatrist practices out of that medical center.

We're told during her initial 72-hour stay she cannot be forced to take medication against her will. If, however, she refuses to take meds, the plan is for the the psych to go to court and have Britney held for an additional 14 days, during which time she can administer proper medications.

And get this ironic twist -- Lynne Spears and Adnan drove to the Medical Center in the same car. A source tells us when Lynne found out Britney was being committed, she blamed it on Sam and was extremely agitated. When Brit heard that, she screamed to her mother, "Shut the hell up."

Lori B

I'm starting to think Mr Sam isn't such a bad guy after all :o)

Lynn and Adnan need to just STFU!!

Wow my goodnesss

Can someone just tell me why her family didn't take charge of her and why did she slip threw the cracks?
I feel that things my finally take a turn for the good.

Again, why didn't any help her?!

FireEmAll

omg ROFL @ Cartman...lolol..!! And I agree. She is simply histrionic and annoying. My guess is her Mother knows this too and Sam et al just want the camera time. Glad they finally hot her off my streets though, and she wont be driving around all hopped up on Red Bull killing any of us - grow up Britney, Kev aint comin back darlin, no matter how dramatic you get.......Now screw you gahs..Im goin home. Bahahahhahahaha.....

broken

If someone you know has or may have bipolar disorder, you need to know the signs that point to a manic episode.
Lots of energy on just a few hours or no sleep
is restless and looking for ways to work off extra energy (rite aid runs eh?),
increased talkativeness,
more sexually demanding,
spending sprees,
thoughts racing uncontrollably,
delusions of grandeur,
unreasonable hostility,
paranoid behavior
reckless behavior (driving)
during a manic episode a person is likely to wear brightly colored or flamboyant clothing,

Joann

It's about time someone had the balls to get this girl committed and if Britney does not want to take meds the doctor should RUN to court and get the order to keep her committed.

No way this girl is in her right mind.

Why is her mother so upset about this? She should be the one leading the pack to get her committed.

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

If Lynne doesn't think Britney needs to be committed, she should just crawl back in her swamp and STFU.

Sandy

Lynne Spears should feel grateful her daughter is finally getting help, and willingly!!!! What Mother would not want this? It's obvious she has not helped her! Good for Lutfi and the physician! AND, good for Britney if the story is true she decided to do what she has to do. GOD BLESS YOU BRITNEY!

Sandy

Her mother becoming agitated she hospitalized??? Her mother riding with the man who is selling private moments to the medi?? Her mother being upset she is hospitalized??? Shows her true oolors, don't you think?? If that were my daughter, I would say "THANK GOD my baby is safe; THANK GOD she is off the road and not putting herself or anyone else in danger; THANK GOD she agreed to go; THANK GOD for the person(s) no matter who they are that helped her see she needed help: THANK GOD

lise

they all should be commited

DADA

Agree with you, Dollie...her mother should - FINALLY .- stay away from Brit!

haptiK

if we're luck she'll get hit by a bus

HelenPhD 2be

#40 @ 5:15AM Jo ----> Bipolar disorder is REAL. It's a horrible thing - I know from personal experience. Regarding Britney, I think it's highly likely she has bipolar disorder and she's currently experiencing a manic phase. And if she DOES have bipolar disorder, it's NOT like you can just SNAP OUT OF IT!!!

I didn't know I had bipolar disorder until after my father died by homicide. From there, the floor just fell out from under me. I didn't sleep for days at a time but didn't feel tired at all, although my mind was racing the entire time. During this manic phase, I went on several shopping sprees (totaling about $4,000), ordered a new computer, almost bought a new car, and had plane tickets to Europe on hold. Thankfully my mother realized I needed help and called the paramedics.

I was hospitalized on a locked psychiatric ward for 14 days, followed up with a few weeks of daily outpatient treatment. Thankfully, the treatment I received stopped the mania. Unfortunately, the credit card bills were there when I got home, so I had to repair all of the "damage" that I'd done during my manic phase.

Over the years since my diagnosis, I've cycled between manic phases and depressive phases. The key to maintaining mood stability is taking your meds, seeing your therapist, and MAINTAINING A CONSISTENT SLEEP SCHEDULE.

When my sleep schedule is severely disrupted for several days in a row, I can FEEL that a manic phase is just around the corner - because I KNOW what signs to look for now. Britney's doc made the right call with the 5150 - nobody needs a sleepless Britney driving aimlessly all over LA!!!

I hope this time Britney gets the treatment she needs, no matter how long it takes - and most of all.....that she finally gains the "insight" she needs to realize just how serious her problems are and will actually accept the help she is given.

Here are a couple of good links with basic info on bipolar disorder:

1) http://www.webmd.com/bipolar-disorder/guide/understanding-bipolar-disorder-symptoms

2) http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/bipolar-disorder/symptoms.shtml

Sue Davis

I feel bad for Britney as I would anyone in her situation.. However I am sick of these people from Hollywood being placed on pedistals. They are no different than the rest of us. Hollywood started losing its class back in the 1960's. They can't even make a decent movie anymore.. These young actors and actress' have nothing to live up to. Look at Madonna, we call that class? what a joke! The girl can sing and could have been a decent role model, but she chose perversion.. What a shame... We need older Hollywood back. Give these young people something to look up to. I hope for Britneys sake and her boys that she will leave the gliz and the so called glamour of Hollywood and give herself time to heal.

appauled by the stalkarazzi

Stated by TMZ "And we're told the plan was so intricate the FAA had cleared airspace in route to the hospital."

One huge stretch of the truth there TMZ. I don't know who is crazier; Brit or your staff that comes up with these fabrications. I'm sure next you'll be telling us that Elvis in hiding was sending his private jet to charter her to UCLA med center.

Wasn't this guy a pimp ??

I am not pulling in 700,000 a month , however I do have a number of assistants and if the media were hounding me , I would be sending my assistants to go run my errands.
I used to feel sorry for Brit . But when I see her going to get food , or stool softner instead of sending out assistants to do these tasks , it's unbelievable how she baits these paps to follow her . She basks in this chit.
The perfect strategy would be to hang out at home for quite some time. The house is an estate , so it's not like she is cooped up . Shehas everything she needs there , pool , home theatre , massive media room ,etc and yet this poor girl whom is actually and obviously a few cans short of a six pack , has to run all over town aimlessly , which only encourage these gutter paps to continue to hunt here down .
Btw , I can't help but wonder ...is it an unspoken understanding that in order to meet criteria to be a papparazzi , you have to be butt ass ugly ???
I have yet to see one at the very least decent looking pap in these swarms . Not just the ones following Brit , but the ones whom follow the other stars , EVERY SINGLE ONE IS SO FUGLY ...ever notice that ?