Chaos Inside UCLA

1/31/2008 2:19 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources inside UCLA Medical Center tell TMZ Britney checked into the facility using an alias. We will not divulge the name, but what happened inside is bizarre.

Our sources say Britney said she was on Adderall, a stimulant used to treat Attention Deficit Disorder, and was taking up to ten laxatives a day. Side note -- cameras caught Spears a few days ago picking up a bagful of laxatives.

We're also told, when she was admitted, Britney accused her mom of "sleeping with my boyfriend." She wasn't specific on who she was referring to.

We're also told that for a time she was hurling profanities at her parents and staff.

barbieq

Adderal is so frequently mis-prescribed and also very easy to get online without even seeing a doctor. The problem with it is that it is amphetimine and it is so easily abused and will cause the paranoia and the sleeplessness. You cannot function at all at that point. You can't make sense of anything. Another possibility is Lithium. It is frequently prescribed for severe bi-polar and if you miss a dose, you are crawling out of your skin. Either way, the poor things needs to get good legitimate medical help. Thank God she's been committed- that's what I have been hoping for for a long time. And to UCLA rather than the Hollywood hospital Ceasars. Ceasars is too press- friendly. She needs to be left alone to get well and hopefully never sing again.

Erik Wilson

Well OF COURSE she was taking laxatives. She was trying to lose weight. Don't you remember TMZ? You and countless other media outlets had a field day that she wasn't as small as she used to be and made such a big deal of it. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do to win your love TMZ...

angelina

You guys are really grasoing at straws here. Get a life!! Let her try and salvage hers...

michelle

Ok. This all makes sense now. She's not crazy and she is dealing with the side effects of Adderall. It will keep you up as it is a stimulant. It is an Amphetamine. That's why she hasn't slept since Saturday. It also sounds like she wants to lose weight. She is taking the Adderall and the laxatives to lose weight.

Side Effects:
Dryness of the mouth, unpleasant taste, diarrhea, constipation, other gastrointestinal disturbances. Anorexia and weight loss may occur as undesirable effects.

Instead of losing weight, she is acting like she is on crack. IE: Driving around erraticly, laughing one minute, crying the other. What she really needs is to get off of these meds and see a Nutrionist if she wants to lose weight. That means no more fast food, Cheetos, and Starbucks.

nick

they should do to her what they did to francis farmer, back in the 30. a lobotamy

Jamichael138

Its the Adderall... Its prolly her whole Problem along with Sam. That stuff can send people into Mania. Shes doesnt have ADD, she prolly took it to Lose Wieght and it threw her into a Manic Episode. Who is the Doc who diagnosied her With ADD???

.....

IT IS AN ACT! IT IS AN ACT! IT IS AN ACT! BRITNEY REALISED THAT SHE IS A WASHED UP LOSER AND ALL THIS BS IS A BID TO KEEP THE LIMELIGHT ON HER.

Prince Von A-Hole

Any of these stories you read or hear from inside the hospital are bull. Most stories from outside also are but you can be sure these are. tmz's sources are probably wino's on the street corner. The way the Paps have been interfering I look for a bunch of strict new laws on the way the media get stories to come. Then I'm sure tmz will say (What did we do?).

Phony Tony

Hey, Britney!

Blow it out your a$$!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those laxatves should help you do just that.

Jolene

STOP reporting on this. Half of what you have printed is lies!!!!!!!!!!

Dane

I think Ms. Spears is going through something totally common after having her children. I had the same thing happen to me many years ago after having my son but just not quite as dramatic. It's as if something inside of you just snaps. You know that you want your children but there is another part of you that just wants to party and have fun. I ended up losing my son for 12 years of his life but I have him back now at the age of 16..Good luck Britney!!! I know exactly what you're going through!!!

Frank Olivo

Watching this is like being part of the Truman Show, you know that movie where Jim Carey's character's life was filmed from day one without his knowledge? It is a nasty reality soap opera...and God forgive me, but I can't look away! I think Osama must be pushing her over the edged....isn't there any legal way to get rid of this parasite? And you folks wishing her dead...that's just wrong...you are talking about murder, just because you are anonymous doesn't make it any less freaky.

BritFan

an alias evidently wasn't used! A local radio station in Columbus Ohio called the hospital this morning. They asked the receptionist answering for a patients room. She asked what the patients last name was. They replied Spears and she said "one moment". They were connected to Britney's room. A young female (possibly a nurse, Alli or Jamie Lynn) answered and when asked if they could speak to Britney, she said "I'm sorry they are not taking calls at this time."

y45

This is a woman functioning at the level of a 12 year-old, at best. And her "hangers-on" aren't any better.
The judge needs to be the one to direct her treatment at this point.
I don't say that lightly since I don't believe the government has anyone's best interest at heart. But, she and her family and friends have demonstrated that they are entirely incapable of making any rational decisions.

I hope everyone involved does what's right, but I really suspect that by this time next year there will be a headstone with her name on it.

annoyed

Man, there are some really NASTY comments here. Some of you are really cold-hearted. I am not a Brit fan, but I dont wish her dead either. Obviously some of you are in no need of laxatives, as there seems to be an abundance of crap around here.

Otherwise, this all does sound bizarre. I hope she gets some serious help. She really needs it.