"Heart Broken" Michelle Releases Statement

2/1/2008 2:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michelle WilliamsTen days after the death of Heath Ledger, former fianceé and baby mama Michelle Williams released a statement. It reads:

"Please respect our need to grieve privately. My heart is broken. I am the mother of the most tender-hearted, high-spirited, beautiful little girl who is the spitting image of her father. All that I can cling to is his presence inside her that reveals itself every day. His family and I watch Matilda as she whispers to trees, hugs animals, and takes steps two at a time and we know that he is with us still. She will be brought up with the best memories of him."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Im just sayin

Bless her heart. I cant imagine that kind of pain.

Chris

So sad.. I hope she stays strong and people actually leave her alone to grieve. Of course that's doubtful.

rachel

Whatever. THis is so last week

Valerie

I hope that this is the last press I read about regarding his death. What a beautiful statement.

OMG

my CONDOLENCES goes out to the LEDGER family..michelle williams and their daughter Matilda... RIP HEATH LEDGER =0(

Lolita

Couldn't you have found a better picture of her TMZ? Maybe one with her eyes OPEN?

Lysa

This is heartbreaking. The media needs to leave her the heck alone! She is a human being and so was he! If not for Heath, please do it for Matilda who is innocent in all of this!

SUSAN

What a lovely tribute. May his family find peace.

WHAT??!!!

Nothing says "I'm like my druggie Dad" quite like talking to trees...someone get that kid into rehab!!!

Chris

WHAT??!!! you're an absolute idiot and obviously you don't have kids. Thank god for that. I wondered how long it would be before someone ripped apart her statement. Get a life.

Jenn

Seriously, why use such an awful picture of her here? Do you find joy in trying to make people look bad in the hardest time of their life? That's really sad and really sick.

DAN

YOUR A REAL ASS #10 SHOW SOME RESECT FOR THE DEAD.RIP HEATH...GOD BLESS YOU AND YOU FAMILY MICHELLE.HE WILL BE MISSED,WHAT A BEAUTIFUL STATEMENT.

law2003

#10
why wold you say something like that about a 2 year old child that has lost her father, so what if he did drugs it hasn`t been proven that, that is what killed him. so grow up i hope that you don`t have any kids

Mary Worth

So beautiful to hear that Heath is stil with Michele and Matilda. He will also be with those of us who loved him as an actor.; just not with the same intensity.

To those who knew him and worked with him, I salute you!

Steph

Michelle, you are the epitomy of grace. You have been through much. Stay strong.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments