"Heart Broken" Michelle Releases Statement

2/1/2008 2:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michelle WilliamsTen days after the death of Heath Ledger, former fianceé and baby mama Michelle Williams released a statement. It reads:

"Please respect our need to grieve privately. My heart is broken. I am the mother of the most tender-hearted, high-spirited, beautiful little girl who is the spitting image of her father. All that I can cling to is his presence inside her that reveals itself every day. His family and I watch Matilda as she whispers to trees, hugs animals, and takes steps two at a time and we know that he is with us still. She will be brought up with the best memories of him."

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

Sad

That was the saddest statement I have ever read. To know that someone you have loved and lost lives on within your child is a bautiful thing. My heart goes out to his family, Michelle and Matilda.

Brenda

Michelle and the Ledger family has my deepest sympathy! I was so sadden by the loss of a beautiful and talented man. Most people who are throwing nasty azz stones, should be ashamed of him/herself. #10 (aka WHAT), you remind me of the same cruel and ignorant people who wrote nasty and disgusting things about Kanye West's mother. Have respect for the families even if you didn't like the person who died. But, I always wonder how someone can dislike SOMEONE THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW!!! His child, Michelle and his family are in the deepest of grief, and only those of us who have experienced an unexpected death of a loved one, can understand that simple equation. Grow up.

devotchka

Actually, # 4 douchebag and # 10 douchebag should get married and have a bunch of awesome kids who grow up to reject them. My heart goes out to Michelle and the baby...

T. Fachalla

To Michelle and Matilda,

So sorry for your loss! Stay strong. You seem like wonderful person with a good head on her shoulders! Hang in there!

Ms. Frachalla

whocares

i saw the tape too and he never said anything about mw keeping his kid from him

Miss Enid B

Dunno if anyone's seen it yet but there's a British newspaper claiming it's got footage of Heath snorting cocane. It's on www.notw.co.uk

Jody25

#138 I did see the uncut version on youtube thanx and I'm not a liar either. I just don't agree with people making comments like you did when you know nothing about the people involved or the situation especially at a time like this. Most of the things the media report is either sensationalised or lies, thats just he way it is.

L.B.

I WISH THAT PEOPLE WOULD LEAVE THEM ALONE...THE GUY ISN'T EVEN BURIED YET AND PEOPLE TALK ABOUT THE DRUG USE AND EVERYTHING...DON'T YOU HAVE ANY DECENCY AT ALL? MEDIA PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS HUNGRY FOR MONEY, THEY DON'T CARE WHO GETS HURT...THE PERSON IS DEAD AND WE NEED TO GIVE HIM PEACE...I SAW AN INTERVIEW OF REBECCA WHITE, USED TO BE NAOMI CAMPBELL'S ASSISTANT, I WONDER HOW MUCH INSIDE EDITION IS PAYING YOU...YOU STUPID BITCH!!! YOU ARE A MONEY HUNGRY BITCH!!!! SHOW THE LEDGER'S FAMILY SOME RESPECT...THEY ARE IN TERRIBLE PAIN AND THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO TALK ABOUT NEGATIVE STUFF...TO THE LEDGER'S FAMILY AND MICHELLE WILLIAMS AND MATILDA...MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY...MAY HEATH REST IN PEACE...

LeAnn O'Neal

Heath Ledger has obviously touched many lives in his short 28 year life. You saw him in movies and in interviews on TV. So what! Those were simply snippets of his life, mostly edited and presented much like the facades we create for others. Heath’s deep beautiful soul essence radiated as he shared himself in his performances felt deeply. Isn’t the fact that we felt his character in a movie the entire point? His essence was captured on film. He was gentle, kind with what appeared to be clarity in focusing his passion coming from his “Will” and fueled from Heart’s desire. This is the magic he gifted as you watched him perform and you took the time to pay attention. His soul essence drew you in and sparked emotions within you whether comfortable or not, his performances gave his audience genuine passion.

What does it matter what reporters write now? Just know your own experience of his beautiful soul and feel how he touched you.

Let’s turn the influx of information age into something more uplifting. Will you join me? Flood the internet with joyful commentary of how Heath Ledger touched you in beautiful, positive and enhancing ways. Let his presence here with us be felt deeply as he shared his depth with us in his performances. Let’s give what we received in loving memory.

LeAnn O’Neal

Laure H

May you find peace and comfort in knowing Heath's body is no longer with you but his spirit will always be with you and matilda. He will always be with you in your hearts as long as you keep him there. His body may be gone but his love for his family never will be. May God bless you and his family and may Heath rest in peace. There will never be another like him.

LeAnn O'Neal

Beautifully stated Laurel
And so it is, Love Conciousness lives in our Hearts.
LeAnn

Whitewing

Heath is okay. Last night his image came to me in a very vivid and comforting dream. ( And no, it was NOT a dirty one for those of you out there with filthy little minds ) The dead can only appear in our dreams once they have crossed over; Earthbound spirits cannot do this. In my dream, which revealed itself to me like a live newsreel playing on a screen, Heath was enjoying himself: skateboarding, snowboarding, tobogganing down a snowy hill ( wearing his trademark toboggan hat pulled down low over his forehead ) dancing, singing ,even engaging in a goofy ( and no, NOT the dirty type dipicted in stupid teen movies ) pillowfight with several other young people who had also crossed over. He was happy and content to be wherever it is that he is...Heaven, Summerland, Nirvana...the afterlife, whatever the reality may be. After two weeks of intense sadness over his passing, I am now feeling peaceful about his restless soul. I have seen his smiling face and heard his joyful laughter echoing through the corriders of my dreams. He is okay, I know that now. RIP dearest Heath.

Renee

"Heath was a "loved one" of hers??? So why did she leave him if she loved him so much? Hmmm.... Why is she NOW acting like she cared about him so deeply? Why wasn't she there in his time of need? Can anyone say "MONEY"???

Posted at 4:51PM on Feb 1st 2008 by Whatever"

You can love someone you idiot and not be able to be with them -- and the "Money" -- his daughter is his heir and she will get the money. Do you REALLY think Michelle NEEDS his money? I think not. But -- Whatever, you are an ignorant person and I just realized I am completely wasting my time trying to explain anything to you. Get a life and grow up.

walkswithspirits08

Hello.I'm a psychic and I have dreams about people who have recently died and want to send a message to their families. I had a dream with him in it and all he talked about was his little girl. He would like her to think of him as a father,not an actor. Also he would like his family to know he wil be watching over them always.

Foxy

thanks for the interesting news

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10