"Heart Broken" Michelle Releases Statement

2/1/2008 2:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michelle WilliamsTen days after the death of Heath Ledger, former fianceé and baby mama Michelle Williams released a statement. It reads:

"Please respect our need to grieve privately. My heart is broken. I am the mother of the most tender-hearted, high-spirited, beautiful little girl who is the spitting image of her father. All that I can cling to is his presence inside her that reveals itself every day. His family and I watch Matilda as she whispers to trees, hugs animals, and takes steps two at a time and we know that he is with us still. She will be brought up with the best memories of him."

jess

The whole situation is sad. and I feel so bad for everyone involved. It's tough loosing someone. I know I went through it, I lost the love of my life when he was just 22 yrs old. we have a 5 yr old daughter, she was 3 when he died. I can definatly sympathize with michelle, and matilda, and the ledger family. it's tough , it really is. I still haven;t gotten over it, and it's been almost 3 yrs. I felt like my heart was so completely empty, and i went through all the stages of grief. and he died of a heart attack.

so very, very sad.

Whatever

"71. I cannot imagine the pain she is feeling. She is a celebrity, but this has nothing to do with the movies. This is real life and I really wish the press would leave her alone. I don't need the media to tell me how much pain she is in. I know. Imagine if one of your loved ones died and someone was shoving 50+ cameras and microphones into your face. Enough already."

Heath was a "loved one" of hers??? So why did she leave him if she loved him so much? Hmmm.... Why is she NOW acting like she cared about him so deeply? Why wasn't she there in his time of need? Can anyone say "MONEY"???

Kerry

why you gotta use a messed up picture of her? That's a heartfelt statement

johanna

PLEASE LEAVE THE POOR WOMAN ALONE LET HER GRIEVE IN PEACE WITH HER DAUGHTER AND FAMILY

jabba

# 10 you continue to prove you are a moran!! Smoke some more weed and stay off the blogs you stupid ass!! Some people have more than a double digit IQ. Quit insulting us with your dead brain cells. Back to the statement--NOW that is CLASS! Prayers all around. Give it a break TMZ....for once have some decency Harvey!!! Keep working on your gig with Judge Marilyn .....

HOLY ISH

#72

Jemima

Michelle, Many of us share your sorrow. Heath and Matilda are so fortunate to have you as their guardians.

johanna

Ferris you are very cruel I hope you never have to go through that and hope people don't say "whatever this is so last week " to you

SJ

just when michelle williams was having a wonderful day, tmz went and ruined it by putting up this picture! mmmmmm yeah. get over the picture, people.

lee

She isn't talking to trees...she is playing hide and seek with her Daddy. What a beautiful statement to share.

May his memories always warm your heart and bring a smile to your face.

Jpal

That was a beautiful statement and I hope she continues having that strength and keeps feeling his presence through their child. I hope the media will leave her alone (which is obviously wishful thinking) and will let her grieve in peace.

Anon

I'm glad to see that the overwhelming comments here are positive and supportive. As for the few bottom feeders: Please don’t post comments for articles about such respected artists as Heath Ledger, etc. – it’s just way over your head. Save your comments for Paris Hilton, etc.; they're more on your level.

Whatever

"75. #72

Obviously, you are not a Parent. When you have a child, EVERYTHING you did before changes. For most people, partying stops and if Daddy can't handle it YOU LEAVE!!! It is not about her love for Heath it is about her love for her Daughter. Matilda comes first!!! GET AN EFFEN CLUE"

Umm. Yes, I am a parent. So maybe YOU can get that clue you talked about. All this woman cares about is money. Whether it be for her daughter or for herself, money makes the world go 'round. Now she can finally REALLY live in luxury now that she has a meal ticket that will last almost forever. :) Good for her. And btw, how do you know she left him because of his partying? Maybe she just got tired of him in bed or something. Maybe he has a small peepee?? All I know is, I see her as a golddigger that isn't happy with what she has, so she has to feed off of others... even if it is the dead. and that's MY opinion. You have yours, I have mine. :)

cilliangoo

When a celebrity dies, their fans grieve too; so when a relative of the celebrity releases a statement, it kind of unites people in their grief, and that helps. And while my heart just breaks for them all the more after reading Michelle's sad, bittersweet statement, I am glad she released it, God bless them all...I just can't imagine :o(

Death will scare ya!

Come on let this guy and his family alone.

We have all been there. We're out with friends having a good time. Someone ends up partying too much. We all think they are the life of the crowd and funny. All fun and games til someone gets hurt.

You just never know what's going on in someone else's head. What demons they have. Or it could just be an accident. This could have happened to a friend of any of us. Would have should have What if hind sight is 20/20 - is not gonna bring him back.

This family must be allowed to move on with dignity for their loved one.