"Heart Broken" Michelle Releases Statement

2/1/2008 2:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michelle WilliamsTen days after the death of Heath Ledger, former fianceé and baby mama Michelle Williams released a statement. It reads:

"Please respect our need to grieve privately. My heart is broken. I am the mother of the most tender-hearted, high-spirited, beautiful little girl who is the spitting image of her father. All that I can cling to is his presence inside her that reveals itself every day. His family and I watch Matilda as she whispers to trees, hugs animals, and takes steps two at a time and we know that he is with us still. She will be brought up with the best memories of him."

Robin Krilyk

My heart is so saddened for this terrible loss. Life is precious and so unfair. Michelle is a strong beautiful women. Shame on all the negative emails.

T.H.

Although Michelle lived apart from Heath at the time of his death, he was the father of her child and would always have a place in her heart for him, and will maybe hurt more since she will witness moments with Matilida growing up that her daddy won't be there for and be the one to have to explain to Matilida why he isn't there. Innocent little Matilida, will never have the opportunity to have special moments growing up with her daddy, who adored her. My deepest sympathies for Heath's family, and especially young Matilida.

Monty636

TMZ Staff is unbelievable! They've put the worst picture they could find of poor Michelle, making her look retarded. She is a grieving woman! My condolences goes out to her and his family.

to bad it wasn't sooner!

She loved him alright for all the years he was partying right along with her. And now she act's like she didn't know anything about it. I hope Heath parents take the child away from her....she didn't care for him or the child. She knew he was doing drugs and what kind of person has a child with someone and doesn't try and get that person help. Did she call his family and tell him he was in need of help? NO she didn't! Get a life people the tape aired in AU last night and Heath's on it and sez that Michelle knew about his drug problem! Please she just like the rest of the Hollyweird just thinking of themself and money!

guest411

Michelle had him drug tested. Before Heath got to see his daughter. Oh that you left that part out.. Or when Heath got treatment for his drug problem. You couldn't force nobody to change but your self. #44. You need to get a heart. This child didn't ask to lose a dad. Your comment before about having this child tested. Made me sick.. A normal two year old talking to the wind or trees. The police didn't find nothing in his room any street drug. The press is painting him as the drug user bum. We all know the pressure out there. We all made bad mistakes. Some make more bad mistakes than others. So far there is no poof. It was two years ago and people change and grow over time. I guess people like you don't know the meaning.

to bad it wasn't sooner!

Just think how Heath parents feel after seeing that tape with him on it saying Michelle knew about his drug problem. Do you think that they got a call from her in the last several years saying....hey I really love your son and I'm worried he has a drug problem could you come and help save your grand daughter fathers life.....NO she didn't! She should be the one dead not him. And his parents need to get their grandchild away from her quick!

Cheryle

God bless Michelle and her little girl. What a beautiful statement. I pray you have a strong foundation of family and friends from which to draw strength from

to bad it wasn't sooner!

#89 see my point ....she had him drug tested! Did she ever call his parents and say....hey your son's doing drugs and needs help.....help him for the shake of your grand daughter. No she just set back and waited for something to happen to him....and it did. How do you think Heath parents felt seeing the tape of their son last night and him saying the Michelle knew about his drugs. I bet she ask's for all his money for the kid.....she loves it more than she loved him! I hope to GOD and Mitalda shake that Heath's parents get that child from her! Yea she want's the same kind of space she gave Heath alright. Heath RIP...you will be missed and I hope your parents get your daughter....because they will make sure she knows the real you....unlike her! She will make sure Mitilda knows dad had to be drug tested to see her.

law2003

who cares what the picture looks like, if she is so heart broken then why is she seeing someone else that she is making a movie with, if she cared about him at all she would have been by his side and showing him just how important it was to have him around for their daughter,he could have done so much better then her but i guess he seen something in her that no one else does. i hope that she does at least one thing good and lets his parents have time with their granddaughter.

meme

#91- Michelle tried getting Heath some help and he refused it. You can only do so much she couldn't force him. How do you know that his parent's didn't know that he had a problem? You don't know that and NO she shouldn't be dead. Taking her daughter away that's a crazy statement. They are all grieving and loved Heath very much. May Heath rest in peace.

One of Heaths biggest fans...

Very well put # 41...I can't beleive some of you HEARTLESS IDIOTS...obviously you have never found yourselves loosing someone so dear to you...may you never know what that feels like...I pray for you!

My heart goes out to Michelle, Heaths Family and friends and more so to Matilda...may GOD watch over you all and help you to understand his purpose in life and death...GOD Bless

lea

Hey 91- IF he had a problem, how do you know she didn't try to get help from his parents? It's called tough love. If someone has a serious problem with substance abuse, they won't get help until they hit rock bottom. You cannot force them to get better if they don't want to. Anyway, is it really any of your business, loser?! Go f&*^ yourself.

katie

Number 10..you have problems!

I hope the media leaves her alone....it is just terrible, the whole thing.

Peace Heath!

theblackmamba

TMZ, you couldn't find a better picture for this post? Such a beautiful statement next to a not-so-beautiful-even-though-she-really-is photo of Michelle?

My heart goes out to her and her daughter, I can't imagine what she must be feeling.

RIP

Susan

#10 nd #34...I don't know what horrible things have happened in your life to cause you two to be so mean and hateful, but I suggest you get counselling and not spread that hatred here. That little baby is going to grow up without her daddy, who loved her very much. This is not about how YOU, #10, and #34. It's about that innocent little girl, and if it were your child or your family member you wouldn't say such hurtful things during such a sad time.
Michele, thank you for sharing those beautiful sentiments with the rest of us. My heart goes out to you and yours. God Bless.