Lawyer Says Brit Worth $40 Million

2/4/2008 7:03 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ is in the courtroom where attorney Adam Streisand just asked the court commissioner to 86 Jamie Spears as conservator of Brit's estate.

Streisand said Brit's estate is worth $40 million. He also said Brit is in the middle of a $17 million IRS audit with her record label Jive Records and she has 15 different businesses.

Streisand asked that the Commissioner name Northern Trust Bank and Howard Grossman, Brit's business manager, as conservators.

Here's the rub-- the Commish wasn't convinced that Streisand, the second cousin of Babs, was properly retained by Britney. So far, no decisions have been made.

Story developing ...

CoolGirl2008

And yet she drives herself and buys Taco Bell.

She's just frugal.

Melissa

Thats all?

rachel

She won't be worth that anymore when we all stop buying her 'music' and perfume and crap.

ooooh pickles

i thought she was worth 125 mil? dang she must buy a whole lot more frappacinno's than I realized LMAO

OMG

UGH ..,seriously.. she needa get better and take control of her OWN LIFE... i mean DAMN!!!

Stan

You people need to understand. $40 million is her ASSETS!! The stuff she has money INVESTED IN! Her TOTAL NET WORTH is $125 million as in ALL HER MONEY AND EVERYTHING SHE HAS!!!

ann

Well, Kevin bled her dry when they were married. Everyone else has as well. Though she makes 8 million a year doing nothing, so she could get it back with some work.

a fan

Did Brit not have $125 million?
Where the hell did it go?
How has she gone down to $40 million?
Why the IRS audit?

this is outrageous!

rachel

What's next? Financing by some bahrain prince after she flees to dubai?

that.is.all

So WTF happened to the other 60 million she had less then 2 years ago.

I see finalpixx shows Adnan bringing Britney flower's today, pix and all.

I hope Jamie at least gets 50 percent say in what they spend Brit's money on...they should only be paying her bills, nothing else.

I also don't think she's bi-polar. Too soon to tell. I hate those drugs for that disease. I bet she'll end up with PPD and
ADHD at the most.

Hang tight Britney. Stay away from Sam and Adnan.

FAT PEOPLE NEED TO DIET.

FlBiker

She amassed a large fortune, and what does she have to show for it? Her kids are not allowed near her, she has no friends, just a succesion of people that stop by her life for a paycheck, no moral compass. I'm no Jesus freak, but this girl might need to stop and say a prayer, couldn't hurt.

Whatafreak

15 businesses??????

Deb

I remember just a couple of years ago she was estimated to be worth more than 100 million! OMG, what did she spend the money on????!!!! I know she spends excessively but 60 F-----G MILLION DOLLARS???? That would have set me and my family up for - well, forever!!!!! All you have to do is deposit your earnings, make some investments and LIVE OFF THE INTEREST!!! Oh, I have to go lay down, I am hyperventilating. This is just too crazy.

Fran

Hey that Red Bull is expensive!!

Only swim in a mushroom cap

If Britney is a psych ward and considered mentally ill, can she make the decision to hire this new attorney - there's a legal conundrum

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments