M.E. Calls Ledger Death "Accident"

2/6/2008 12:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The medical examiner has ruled that Heath Ledger's death is an "accident," resulting from the "abuse of prescription medications."

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

Baseball Junkie

My computer glitched. That last sentence should read "We still don't know what really happened because none of us were there."

Bettsie

So true No.89 I'm glad somebody mentioned it.

Rump

I'M A RECOVERING ADDICT . . . IT'S HARD AS HELL TO STAY CLEAN, BUT WORTH IT. MANY ADDICTS NEVER GET CLEAN . . . I PRAY FOR THEM. IT IS VERY HARD TO HAVE THE "WANT" TO GET CLEAN. THIS IS A CUNNING, BAFFLING AND VERY POWERFUL DISEASE.

I DON'T HAVE PITY FOR HEATH, HOWEVER, I TRULY UNDERSTAND WHERE HE WAS AND HOW HARD IT IS TO ESCAPE. TRULY DIFFICULT. LOVE

Posted at 4:04PM on Feb 6th 2008 by Hobart
**********************************************************************************************************************************
So glad I saw your post...I too am in recovery and it IS truly HARD AS HELL TO STAY CLEAN. If I had unlimited money, I'd probably STILL be on drugs. Prayers to all the people trying to stay clean.

kkr

Just let him rest & his family greive --- in peace!!!!!!!!!!

whocares

88. Please stop this! That you people could be so judgmental is beyond belief. This man's death was a tragic accident. Scripts are given out every day that result in deaths. Pharmacists should run cross checks on their computers to make sure that the patient has not been over prescribed by either one or more physicians, and that the patient has been advised of the dangers of cross-medicating or over-medicating. Those warning labels can be confusing, and it's easy to forget how many pills one takes when you've taken one too many. The cross-med side effects can impair judgment big time.

If you take more than 1 pill during any prescribed time frame, you are abusing that med!

This was a highly respected actor whose work will be remembered by many. May he rest in peace.

Posted at 11:42AM on Feb 6th 2008 by georges

could not have said it better

Jeff

debee_bambino-
In my profession, I have worked many suicide crime scenes where family members swear up & down that their loved one "would never ever hurt themselves." However, in EVERY case, the physical evidence shows otherwise!

Hate to rain on your parade but you don't know the truth either.

Canada

Morons, suiciders take all the meds, not a couple from the top of each bottle. That is why it has been ruled an accident. I guess it's easier for uneducated people to trash then to learn. It's not your fault your idiots.

Canada

To all those who say they have no sympathy posting on this site and say they don't care about Ledger dying, then WTF are you doing reading about him? Get your stories straight.

Canada

Acute intoxication means a one time dose that was too much, it is the opposite of chronic abuse of drugs.

There was no abuse of the meds which is plain when the cause of death is "acute intoxication"

Learn before you speak.

Canada

Good point Canada, the police commish said the day Heath died that the bottles were all full and in tact ie) not stewn around. If he wanted to die, he could have easily taken all of them. BTW, leaving no note, as if!!!

dawn

Heath's death and its cause has really just filled me with sadness. What a waste! The fact that his death could have been prevented with correct advice and care from those prescribing medications makes it all the more hard to bare,

The media really now needs to let this man rest in peace, especially since he found dealing with the media so hard while he was alive.

Heath, you will be missed!

Baseball Junkie

Skye, yes, you know what your limits are and you know that meds can't be mixed. Too many people still work on the theory that if some is good then more is better. You are making the assumption that Heath was educated about the effects of these meds and what could be mixed and what couldn't. We don't know that. So the ME errs on the side of caution. It is accidental overdose unless it can be proven without a doubt that he intended to commit suicide. This is doubly important if he had any insurance policies since many will not pay out in case of suicide.

Always remember, Never ascribe to malice what can easily be explained by stupidity. I'm not saying that Heath was stupid merely that the evidence implies that he made a mistake.

Foxy

thanks for the interesting news

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12