Anna Nicole Smith -- One Year Later

2/8/2008 7:59 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Today marks one year since the tragic death of Anna Nicole Smith, who died five months after giving birth to her daughter and burying her son. TMZ remembers the wayward beauty.
Anna Nicole Smith -- click to launch

Larryb

People we need to stop all this bad press. If people would not care and leave larry alone the free loader would have to get a job. We all know he is out only for himself. Thats right he is to sick to go fight for daniel, if thats true you should be to sick to party all the time. SHAME ON YOU MS. LARRY...

Abby in MN

RIP Anna... you are missed.

Why am I even bothering?

Obviously she had fans, so this is relevent. Yes, she was on drugs. She probably was in a lot of pain and had people take advantage of her. That doesn't mean she wasn't a human being who had just lost her son...
I hope that she is happy somewhere with her son, and that Dannielynn is well taken care of.

Studio

i did look up the AP to see for myself and she did pimp out money to grive. She said in court in FL court and Greta show she didn't get any money from anyone. But it shows she did 4 days after Daneil died.. Why didn't she just go to Anna and be with her? When Anna called I guess it shows she didn't want to but instead went to the media for a pay off. I just don't understand why a mother would do that instead of making up with her daughter and having a relationship for life. I can see now why Anna did the mommy dearest tape, she must have been very hurt by Virgie's action on TV and news of her to make money from Daniel's death. Just Sad

TIA

Why didn't she just go to Anna and be with her? When Anna called I guess it shows she didn't want to but instead went to the media for a pay off. I just don't understand why a mother would do that instead of making up with her daughter and having a relationship for life. I can see now why Anna did the mommy dearest tape, she must have been very hurt by Virgie's action on TV and news of her to make money from her.
____________________________

Ummm. Have you had your head in the sand? HKS wouldn't accept calls at Horizon's from Virgie. This is the same MONSTER/ENABLING MURDERER who wouldn't let a Grandmother hold her Grandaughter!

How come nobody talks about all the financial gain on HKS's part or his protential of a HUGE payoff in the Marshall case, etc.? Someone please tell me 1 good thing this man did for ANS? Tell me one thing the man has accomplished in his life.

Cheryl

RIP ANNA & DANIEL!!! maybe the law will finally investigate your death, as well as your sons.. GOD BLESS VIRGIE!! SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO TRUELY LOVES ANNA & DANIEL & THE ONLY ONE THAT IS TRYING TOO GET PROOF THAT ANNA & HER SON WAS GIVING THOSE DRUGS!!!! COME ON POLICE!!! DO SOMETHING FOR ANNA & HER SON, JUST DONT WALK AWAY!!! I WILL NEVER WATCH CBS AGAIN! they try & make Howard K Stern look good BUT in-fact everytime they report something on him IT ONLY MADE CBS LOOK BAD!! after all 2 people did die of drugs, didn't they??

me

rest in peace my sweet nany girl... love tyou and miss seeing you

kitty

R.I.P. Anna, you are missed. Dannielynn is a beautiful little girl.

phoebe

drug addict? seriously who the hell isn't these days in Hollywood. I am by no means defending her lifestyle but all the bull aside, she did love her children. I don't care what kind of person she was, no one should have to endure the heartache and devestation of losing a child AND a child losing her mother. She was a beautiful woman and I do hope that she is finally getting the peace and serenity she deserves. I also pray for that litte baby girl to be raised in the same peace and serenity.

Vanity Killz

God Bless :(

Dyna ™

Happy Birthday, Dyna!!

Noelle

Anna was a freak show just like Britney today. She was destroyed by drugs. It's sad so many have died the same way and that many more will. Seems like half of Hollywood is checking into or out of rehab these days. Frankly I am tired of these stories, not to mention the daily adventures of Miss BS. Time to move on.

lady48cat

19th Nervous Breakdown at 11:39 ,that is how I also feel.

Lori

You know it so sad that people say such horrible things about the dead. the dead are dead, let them rest in peace. Some woman are not capable of handling money or fame. Look at Cher, or Tina Turner. They have talen to this day at there ages they could fill a football arena in a heartbeat. They knew how to handle sucesss, fame and money but some were not. Brit is one of them, and neither could ANS. I hope her daughter is in good loving hands. That is all I can hope for. Who really knows the story about not feeding her baby so she would be thin?? That is bazarre. Goodness she was only an infant.

Felonious Monk

it's pretty stupid to say let the dead rest in peace....these piranas won't let her rest as long as there is a dollar to be made from her rotting corpse.