You Take the Good, You Take the Bad

2/13/2008 2:38 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The 81-year-old grandmother of two resurfaced at a hospital parking lot in West Hollywood last week, looking pleasant.
Charlotte Rae
To bolster ratings in 1985, producers had Mrs. Garrett's bakery, Edna's Edibles, destroyed and replaced by the Over Our Heads gift shop. Rae left the series the following year.

Charlotte's mother was a childhood friend of late Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir.

Ava

I love that woman! I always wish I had been at that school, mainly because of her.

dooie

Yes, I also thought she had a hook at first glance :)

cry baby

what would those kids have done without Mrs. Garrett?????

cuntroll

And now a reading from the book of Tootie...Joan Collins is a bitch.

Grace

I think she looks great for a woman her age and she's still getting around all on her own!
Great to see her. She's a nice lady and should be left alone.

ugh

Whhhhhhhhhhat? I saw the ETHS about Facts of Life and she looked 194595355x better than this. She looked better in the 2001 reunion movie too.

What Would Xmas Be Without Warrants Served In Annas Death

OK - there you go, #29.

Sugarbee

When I saw this picture, it was almost like looking at a photo of my own grandma. I grew up with Mrs.Garrett and those girls of 'The facts of life' so Charlotte is almost like family. Like my first love, Ricky Schroeder :)

Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President

Somebody finally brought up Joan Collins! Remember when Charlotte said she was a bitch and hard to work with? Then they showed it to Joan Collins, and she said, "who is that old cow??!!" Hysterical!

I LOVED Facts of Life....

SAxlerod

I thought she was dead....

dom fox

nasty old bitch

Marjorie Margel

I actually met Charlotte Rae many years ago in La Jolla , at a local coffee shop. I turned my head away, as not to bother her while she was eating.. but no, she would'nt have any of that.. She proceeded to nod and wave and smile to all of us in the small coffee shop until we all smiled and waved to her back!
Why can't stars today do that?
What a great lady!
marjiscott

Let it Be

It's a fact of life - Mrs. Garret, (Charolette Rae) = A true joy; kind of like a welcomed cup of chicken soup for the soul - A gentle; yet most spirited contributor to an innocence that will live on within those who remember...

This viewer remembers; and is grateful.

mack

I think all these before and after shots, are thinly disguised..................look how terrible they look................smirking postings by TMZ

Most or all of the pic they post are just normal aging.......................and they look super for their age........

Cabo

She's so lovely! What an awesome lady! Happy Valentine's Day, Charlotte!