Naked Cowboy to M&Ms

Bite Me!

2/14/2008 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The Naked Cowboy -- yeah, that guy from Times Square -- is suing Mars, Inc. for using his trademark tighty-whities and guitar on a dancing M&M, and he tells TMZ that the company offered him $50,000 to shut up. But he sure as hell doesn't plan to.

The nearly naked guy -- real name, Robert Burck -- wants around $6 million from Mars, according to papers filed in Federal Court in New York. And, as he told us yesterday, he intends to wear his minimalist getup in open court -- and says he wants his lawyer to do the same, just for solidarity.

Curiously, the Naked Cowboy M&M -- which was playing on a screen above the M&M store -- was no longer dancin' and strummin' as of yesterday.

NON-SUGAR-COATED UPDATE:
Mars has issued a statement, saying, "We do not comment on matters related to litigation. However, as a good corporate citizen, Mars will handle this matter accordingly. As one of the world's top-selling snackfoods, we take pride in the longstanding connection that our consumers feel toward the M&M'S Brand."

Mikey

I love him and want him!

jollyex

He wants to be paid $10,000,000 to put his clothes on and shut the h*ll up? DONE! Someone cut the man a check.

shannon

The dumbass nakked cowboy! put some pants on dude!

Christine

The naked cowboy is freakin' awesome! I talked to him a few years back before he became as well known as he is today and he actually sent me an autographed photo as well as some other stuff. `Good for him, Hopefully he gets lots of money and takes his act on tour. I would advise him to stay out of St. Louis till summer though cause he will literally freeze his nuts off. MISSOURI LOVES THE NAKED COWBOY!

DebilDog

I love the naked cowboy...he can strum my guitar anytime! Too bad Mars can't hire people to come up with their own ideas without having to steal his.....

chscadena

M&Ms look better in their underwear!

TMZ FAN

Just give him the money he's asking for and have him do commercials .. Scheesh

mistysmom

What a fool.

nobodyelsebrokedownlastnight

go for it robert
the american dream personafide

JOSIE

HAVE YOU SEEN THE NAKED COWBOY IN PERSON?HE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SCANKY LOOKING I AM AFRAID TO GET TO CLOSE TO HIM,AND THE STUPID TOURIST WHO WANT HIS PICTURE IS AMAZING I WOULD NOT TOUCH HIM WITH A TEN FOOT POLE AND AS FOR HIS LAWSUIT HE MIGHT GET ONLY 50G'S NO MORE.............WUZ UP TMZ HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO ALL I WILL BE WATCHING TONIGHT SO SAY A SHOT OUT

$$$

Want to see the M&M Naked Cowboy?? You can by viewing my Dierks Bentley Video with the M&M Cowboy right here:

B's Momma

If I were him I would take every penny I can from them! The Mars company is cruel to animals! They make animals go through horrible testing!!!

tell him to get over it

Ok, he is just trying to use up his last seconds of fame! I saw him on Christinas Court over the holiday break right before new years. ( Caught my attention when I saw it was him. Dp not usually watch those shows) He walked in dressed like he was on the street. The bailiff told him he had to wear a jacket, he threw a fit. He is a total diva who needs a reality check! HE WAS SUING HIS GIRLFRIEND TO ALLOW HIM TO PUT WEBCAMS ALL OVER THE HOUSE! SHE SAID NO! He needs a reality check. He should be happy they even considered him an icon to use in Times Square. If anything the publicity will help him having the M&M's dressed like him. It will make people look for him! I think the M&M is much better looking than he is. He is an arrogant schmuck who needs to get over it. I hope he loses. Get a real job already like the rest of us! And people stop paying him! Do not help support his arrogant ass!

April Fouels

Seen him on the Today show, he does have his ass covered, haha,he is trademarked, and insured, good luck, oh, i just found a blue m&m.

Cristina

Interesting. I just saw him exactly 2 wks ago today @ Mardi Gras on Bourbon St.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments