Autism Group to CBS: Fire That Retard!

2/18/2008 1:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Some idiot on "Big Brother 9" has irked more people than usual by referring to people with autism as "retards." Moron.
Click to read the letter!
TMZ has obtained this letter from John Gilmore, Executive Director of Autism United, to Viacom bigwig Sumner Redstone and CBS, demanding that they take action after a segment aired on Wednesday's show featuring Adam Jasinski making the unfortunate remark. According to the letter, Gilmore claims CBS made a "conscious choice" in running the quote -- and used it for "their own personal goals."

The organization calls for "Big Brother 8" (oops) to be canceled, and expects an apology to people with autism. Gilmore also tells TMZ they've contacted the show's advertisers.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

ASweetLoveSong

I have a 4 year old son with autism and I cringed when I heard him say what he said and it's people like him that I have nightmares about. People who work with special needs children who dont give a crap about them and who abuse your kids. I weep for the future... he's an ass.

mook

this show should have been canceled a long time ago

Greatful to be away, myself

that's retarded!

KatDVS

So silly cause I believe CBS showed Shelia his "perfect match" chastising him for the remark. Its not like everyone was agreeing with his use of the word.

40's are great

I couldn't believe it when I heard the comment watching the show. While I agree CBS deliberately aired that segment for ratings, it is the organization that employs Adam that needs to fire him. We have the power of choice here in the US of A, turn the chanel.

Lenn K.

Politically correct is soo out of control.

lele

how sad is it that only one person in that conversation came to the defence of the autistic children.i personally think that whole group should be sent home.

Jennifa O Jenny

That's a bit over the top to ask that the show be cancelled because one person is an idiot.

Kat

I have a daughter who has autism. I think an apology is sufficient.

Lisa

Politically correct may seem out of control until it affects you. My son has Autism and I do not appreciate this comment at all!

John

I agree his comment was a little harsh, but the real douche is that b*tch he has for a partner, Sheila.

GO PARKER FROM TMZ!!

baby girl

Someone has chosen to be offended again? Amazing!

Loves it

it's harsh but i think they should just take him off the show, not cancel the show jeez
here's something that needs to be cancelled, seriously

Little Bit

After what happened last nighti the house, I think this season should just be canceled. The houseguests are dull,spiteful
idiots.(ok not all of them-Parker is on exception)
Adam did express remorse for what he said-but his attitude of 'I can do and say whatver' is worse then what he said.

Nor Cal Reader

It only takes ONE complaint to the F.C.C. to start an investigation which could result in serious fines if the complaining person is offended by what they heard or saw.

Your government dollars at work.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments