Obama and Vanilla Ice

Together At Last?

2/21/2008 3:32 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Barack Obama has been dogged with accusations that he's stealing stump speech material from Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick, including his famous slogan "Yes, we can."

Several observers have pointed out that one of Obama's chief policy advisers used to work for Patrick, but as this hot-off-the-YouTube video suggests, maybe he's better off using a certain early '90s rap sensation -- if he really wants to convince the people that he's not a plagiarist.

DJ

ebones08,

People are entitled to their opinions. That doesn't make them (expletive) haters. I am sure Obama is a good person, but I feel he lacks experience. Maybe in 4 to 8 years, I'll feel different.

Lilarose

#51

We have far too many people on this earth. Before long they will be devouring each other like they did in Rwanda (800,000 slaughtered in a few days).

As long as humankind refuses to voluntarily control its population, there will be unpleasant ways to do it.

Wars are traditional. Infanticide is also common in many third world countries. Sterilization of women (not men) is practiced in China.

And of course, fathers and boyfriends murder lots of our kids, both in and out of the womb.

As long as we are over-populated and women (yep, they have to be responsible for this, unfortunately) keep getting pregnant, there will be abortion.

It really is a lousy form of birth control, I agree. But we aren't allowed to teach our girls about birth control in schools or in church.

Adoption is too expensive. My two girls are adopted sisters whom I got when they were one and two (11 months apart). Back then we couldn't even deduct the costs from our taxes like they can today.

How many kids have you adopted????????

TJ

If you want to see all the great things that Obama will do for this country just go to his website, AND read it -- barackobama.com. Read about what he will do for education, for the economy, for homeland security (like, finally securing our borders, and protecting out nuclear facilities [something George Bush, and the Clinton's has failed to do])
Obama will make sure that all American soldiers will have the proper medical treatment, and benefits when they come back home to their country. He will make sure that our soldiers are not in Iraq fighting a non-war, and dying for nothing. Instead he will better train, and position our soldiers in world to fight the real terrorists, who are threatening this country. Our military is at it's weakest right now, because of the Iraq war, and McCain want to make that worst by making our soldiers stay in Iraq indefinetly, for up to 100 years, he has said. Where is he going to get the soldiers to do that. How many must die for this stupid mistake of a war, that everyone has admitted should never have happened.
To help senior citizens, Obama will eliminate the income tax for those earning less than 50,000, so that the people who built this counrty, and fought for this country, will not have to scrap by in their retirement years.
He will support clean energy so that we can rely less on oil, and more on energy that we Americans can produce our selves, and at the same time protect our environment.
Obama will Fight for fair trade, so that Americans will stop getting the short end of the stick when it comes to trade agreements with countries such as China. THERE IS JUST SO MUCH MORE GREAT THINGS OBAMA will do for this country, that we need to go and read it all, and find out how this country could change for the better having him as a president.
Just go to his website, and you will see that this is a man with great ideas, for this great country!!!

Debbie/grandmother

To MYL...Yes you fight for the unborn but once they are born you could care less what happens to them. I volunteer my time as a CASA with at risk kids who have been thrown away by our society. When it comes to programs that will help these kids they are slowly being taken away by this presidency. I am talking about children who have been abused both physically and sexually. There are programs that no longer exist that helped these kids. Where is your outrage there.

DJ

Laura,

I didn't realize Santa Clauss was running for president.

Seriously, though, he is makeing all of these promises without having the experience or know-how to do it. His plans would bankrupt the country,

Merry Christmas

She later clarified her remarks, saying what she meant was that it was the first time she had been proud of the American political process. I think that's reasonable, coming from an African American. Try to look outside your lily-white neighborhood.
Posted at 2:43PM on Feb 21st 2008 by YO MAMA

YO - I believe Michelle meant what she said. I don't believe she needs to "clarify" and/or have "Yo Mama" as her spokesman. You will do wonders for Obama's campaign. Nice racist remark you made right at the end. Your ignorance shines as you don't even know who you are talking to.

TJ

Leslie you are such an idiot!! Obama will probably pick John Edwards as a Vice President. Two men with great ideas of how to move this country in the right direction. And to get rid of corruption in Washington.

sillyme

"I THINK SOME OF THE RACIST WHITE FOLK ARE GETTING REALLY SCARED."

That's the typical response of Obama supporters. Anybody who doesn't like the guy, well, it means they must be a racist. Either you like Obama, or you're a racist, right? I mean, it can't be you don't like him because you don't believe in his policies about abortion, or the fact that he's THE most liberal person in the US Senate, or, the fact that he never talks about anything of substance (I'm still waiting for him to start quoting Jesse Jackson's Keep Hope Alive speech, with Jackson's permission, of course). And, I guess, in the simple mind of the Obama supporter, it can only be because he's black. As for the plagiarism charges, I'll remember to tell my college professor it's okay if I use quotes from my classmate's paper, because Obama said it's okay as long as you get the other person's permission first.

T

GO 'HEAD #15...WELL SAID TO ALL THE ILLITERATE IDIOTS!!!!!! HAHAHAHHAHAHHA DUMB ASSES!!! GO OBAMA!!!

Debbie/grandmother

Laura...As Mrs. Obama's husband possibly becomes the democratic candidate she will have more of an opportunity to explain her remarks. There will be those who will jump on anything the candidates say or do and take it out of context to demonize what they are afraid of. The same is happening to McCain with regard to the news of a possible affair with a lobbyist. I think it's not a good thing to do but it unfortunately goes with making the decision to run for political office. It doesn't matter what Mrs. Obama meant, the goal is to demonize her now because people are afraid of her husband becoming president.

Vader

Hey Rave44,

How can Obama bankrupt us if we're already trillions of dollars in debt? Thank you George W. Bush. GO OBAMA YOU FREAKING HATERS!

MTL

Dear Debbie,

I love children. As a matter of fact, I'm a teacher and frequent volunteer.

I'm all for programs that will help our children BUT if a candidate is pro-abortion I will NOT vote for them.

I don't care what religion they are or whether they are white, black, purple, or orange.

If you're running for President and you are pro-abortion, I will NOT vote for you.

Not even if you have done so many good things in the past or promise to do good things if you are elected.

That's the deciding factor for me and my family, whether or not to vote for someone or not.

The most important factor for us when deciding whether to vote for them or not is:

Are they pro- abortion? Will they contiue to upheld Roe Vs. Wade, the worst law ever made?

Nope, we won't vote for them.

It's as simple as that.

May God Bless you.
MTL

mk

please dont vote for this guy...he wants the greatest job in the country and never worked for it...
He is all talk - dont let it fool you. His message is hardly different from all the others...
He just says what people want to hear...just like W..and he won...so be careful and really think about this
its so important...hillary mccain or romney would be better candidates and 1m others...

just a thought

HE ALSO USED JFK'S SPEACH,"ASK NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU" HE'S AN IDIOT, HE CAN'T SEEM TO COME UP WITH ANYTHING OF HIS OWN, AND HIS WIFE SHE'S A GOOD ONE, SHE'S NOW GREATFULL TO BE AND AMERICAN, WHAT WAS SHE BEFORE..SHE'S ONLY GREATFULL NOW BECAUSE HE'S AHEAD IN THE POLES, THE BIG QUESTION IS...."WHAT HAS HE DONE OR PASSED SINCE HE'S BEEN IN CONGRESS A BIG WOOPING 2 YEARS...HE'S A GREAT SPEAKER AND THAT'S ABOUT IT...WE ARE IN TROUBLE..EVERYTHING ON HIS WEB SITE HAS ALREADY BEEN SAID BY CLINTON MONTHS AND YEARS AGO...HE'S NOT SAYING ANYTHING NEW HELLO PEOPLE LOOK INTO HIS BACK GROUND..AND TELL ME WHAT HE'S DONE ....

Sam

This guy has no personality, and it shows that he is not capable of running this country. Nothing comes from his heart, nor mind, instead from what other people quote. The other black guy might as well run for president, cause basically it's his words. Just like every Black guy though, they cheat, and try to make themselves look good. Lastly, look at Obama's wife, and tell me you would like to hear what she has to say for 4 years? A person who said she hated what America is all about?