Jen Garner

Suffers Gary Abusey

2/25/2008 10:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Gary Busey hijacked Ryan Seacrest's interview with Jennifer Garner and Laura Linney -- and planted a creepy kiss on a visibly shocked Garner's neck!

It's classic, watch 'em squirm. Garner couldn't bring herself to say Busey's name, referring to him as "this man."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Old Busey Pal

I've known Busey since the '70's and yes, he is a little crazy but one of the nicest and most genuine people ever. It was an uncomfortable moment but I thought Jennifer should have used her acting skills and performed more gracefully. Gary didn't mean any harm, there was no reason to treat him that way.

Old Busey Pal

Andrea

Someday when Gary Busey is in some great movie and is up for an academy award for best actor in any form, I hope he snubs Brian Seacrest! All Brian needs to do is interview Gary for a couple of moments then move on. Gary Busey has been in some really good movies with good rolls for him. Hang in there Gary! Your days coming!

jena0830

I can't believe people are bashing Jennifer Garner! She handled herself with dignity and poise. A lot of people her age don't know who Gary Busey is. An unknown man breaks into her interview, physically accosts her, and has the look of a disoriented person. With the security issues actresses face today, I am surprised she didn't deck him, run away or call security. It was sad to see his desperate cry for attention and "air time". Even Seacrest moved him on, "There's a party inside", when Busey continued to interact with him. While hosting my Oscar Party, with 60 people, many, including young people, some Jennifer's age, asked me who that scary guy was? They said they were startled, just watching, because he appeared "chemically altered" or "mentally ill".
For the people who criticize Jennifer Garner, the victim of, at best, this offensive intrusion, put yourself in her place. She is with a friend, having a nice exchange and interview, live on national television, when some stranger, pushes himself on you. He looked crazy and out of it. Let's have a little compassion for both of them.
I work in Hollywood and know Jennifer Garner and Gary Busey. She is one of the most naturally beautiful, nicest, kindess women in the industry. She loves her family beyond words, which includes her extended family, besides Ben and Violet. I recognized the fear on her face, I see it when actresses and actors are pounced upon, or surprised, by unknown people, including stalkers. By the way, Ben's career doing just fine, anyone see his last films? Jennifer Garner is choosing motherhood over her career as an actress at this time, so she is not a "has been". In this industry, the work is 24/7 and not always in front of the camera. Reading scripts, working on deals, classes, etc. are part of the job. So just because someone is not in every film doesn't mean they are "over". And, on the other side, Gary is a decent man who has some issues, and sadly, they were played out in front of millions. To all the people sitting around criticizing them, how about a little more heart and a little less judgement? It took a lot to get where they are today. This city and this business is beyond tough, and can destroy someone overnight. What if we took the same energy we use to condemn others and used it to better our own lives and do something nice for our family or community?

malagata

That wasn't Gary Busey's date or girlfriend that accompanied him to the Academy Awards and on the red carpet and is on the tape. That's his long time attorney, Vicki Roberts.

gtrel

The interviewer was the jerk. Gary didn't harm anyone. Jen has been kissed on the neck before, what 's all the flack?

dakotaindie

It was all in good fun . Gary comes off a little over the top and a little Scarey. I think everyone should relax. He doesn't bite, I hope!!! Jennifer, he is just a friendly guy. No harm done. That is just the way he is LOUD.

He seems to be a good guy. It is just his personality.

human after all

Very interesting. Thanks for that information

nostrathomas

Oh please Hollywood and creepy go together!!!! Gary Busey has done some of the best acting we will ever see and yeah I know Jen and old Ryan have never been so offended!!!! The in crowd Hollywood goofs get away with a whole lot more goofy stuff then this...............I just think it is so funny watching Hollywood weirdos act as if this was such a big deal ha ha ha ha ha the sheer image of Sean Penn is what I call creepy

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6