LAPD Now Confirms Britney Investigation

2/27/2008 7:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsThe LAPD is finally commenting on the investigation first reported by TMZ earlier this month.

As we said, Sam Lutfi is under investigation by the Robbery Homicide division of LAPD for allegedly drugging Brit. LAPD officials first said there was no such investigation. Now, Captain Kyle Jackson of Robbery Homicide has issued the following statement:

"The issues regarding Britney Spears are being considered by the department to determine if laws have been violated. Particular suspects have not yet been fully identified nor has a formal investigation into open charges officially commenced. At this time we don't know whether or not a formal investigation will be initiated."

Translation -- They're lookin' at Sam.

Medical Girl

#61 said >

Yes dear, but I have been in contact with the MOTHERSHIP and I was told that not only are you too stupid not to post your drivel in all caps, you are also insanely delusional. I'm absolutely sure that after you spoke wih His Honor you sat right down to post your report on a FREAKIN' ENTERTAINMENT BLOG.

Mr Attorney, sadly, even the MOTHERSHIP didn't want you.

Stick

Is Kelli's back side pa-dunk-a-dunk?

April Fouels

THE FINANCIAL INVESTIGATION IS ONGOING BY LLOYDS OF LONDON, AND THE BANK OF SCOTLAND, AND THE I.R.S.....

Michael

Well, I do hope Britney gets her life turned around. She has made bad choices, but that doesn't mean she is a bad person. As for Sam Lutvi, well, if he did what he may be investigated for, well, he deserves a good prison sentence.

JM

ladies ladies ladies, lets settle down and go put on your pajamas

just wondering

Michael...keeping my fingers crossed !

just wondering

JM ...HAHAHAHAHHA...OK

April Fouels

ARE YOU OUT OF ...............CHEETO'S ..........DON'T GET PISSY WITH ME, I'M NOT YOUR ENEMY, YOU ARE..

smartypants

My moo-mmo is on. Did that biker service say i joined? I'm confused?

jojomama

i hate sam lufti!!!!!!!!!! hopefully his 15 mins are up!!! we love you britney get better!

Quiet

She knows she has no other choice but to now go along with pointing the finger at Sam as it may be the only way she ever gets her money and assets out of her fathers control. i noticed she wears a bra now as she probably has more time to dress inside her home instead of driving around aimlessly from gas station to gas station daily. I just wonder if she ever feels like the loser she dropped to be . Lose her kids and now her money and assets. When they rise that fast to the top they fall just as hard.

smartypants

moo-moo typo.

just me

8:02PM by Constitutional Law Attorney FED ID#2246778907-F7312

There was an "attempted homicide" during that robbery? I thought it was just a dadgum burglary that was reported February 1st. So the "attempted homicide" you allege then stems from what? Britney's Ma alleging that Sam told her that he "grinds up Britney's pills" and that he "puts them in her food" to get her to take her prescribed meds? Considering the fact that Britney was conscious and on her feet and interacting with everyone in the house when the ambulance and police escort to the hospital arrived, the ambulance call and escort arranged by Sam, don't you think it might be unusual to try to make an "attempted homicide" case out of that?

Stick

Kelli, Remember when you played the big rolling ball on 'Raiders of the lost arc'? You get no credit for that.... Props.

smartypants

Yeah it was one of my better roles. See ya.