For Swayze, Show Goes On

3/6/2008 9:13 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Patrick SwayzeEven though Patrick Swayze is battling pancreatic cancer, his latest TV project is still in contention for a pick-up by its network.

A&E says that "The Beast," which stars Swayze as what's described by the AP as "an unorthodox FBI agent," is "being considered" by the network and could become a regular series. If that's the case, Swayze's rep says that Patrick wants to stay on the show.

The actor's doctor says that he's "optimistic" about his prognosis, but the reality of course is that less than five percent of pancreatic cancer patients survive more than five years after diagnosis.

Jamie Lynn – Back on TV So Soon?

Could Jamie Lynn Spears be back on TV before she has her baby?

People reports that J-Lynn will be appearing on a new ABC comedy called "Miss Guided" in a guest spot. Of course, she'll be playing a "troubled student who gets some exciting news from college," not unlike Lil' Spears, who just got her GED – and is reportedly looking to go to college.

The show was shot before she announced her pregnancy, but, at least given the timing, after she got knocked up.

Party Favors: LiLo Not Posing for Playboy ... Bill Shatner – Frustrated Ballet Dancer? ... "View" Not Hiring Cindy Crawford

Despite her boob-baring appearance in New York magazine, Lindsay Lohan won't be taking it off for Playboy, her mom confirms to Usmagazine.com. ... William Shatner might not be in the next "Star Trek" flick, but he has signed a deal to be part of a documentary on a ballet that was set to his 2004 singing CD. "Bill is really a frustrated ballet performer," says a rep for Five Star Pictures, to the Palm Beach Post. ... No, "The View" is not hiring Cindy Crawford to be a co-host, despite what Liz Smith reported the other day.

Deanna

Ok, I have to ask, there is an e-mail on here that says "I don't like Patrick Swayze", please tell me it really wasn't Jennifer Grey who wrote that! I adore Patrick Swayze, and have been writing in his guest book, by the way I must have missed the intoxication story, but I sure hear a lot about him smoking, this is a grown man, what is Lisa going to do turn him over her knee? I loved reading what everyone had to say except for the one about not liking him, and maam you are right, he does not need to hear, or read that right now. I for 1 think he is so handsome, and have been watching his movies all over again!He never expected all this , well all I can say is "SURPRISE PATRICK" we love you....JoyDeanna

Cp3o

Thanks for the interesting news

Lenn K.

Thoughts and prayers for Patrick Swayze.

Party 'till you die!

Not more Spears crap to influence the young masses! This is a bunch of CRAP!!!

And good luck to Mr. Swayze!

Party 'till you die!

You damn Spam LIAR!! WE ARE SICK OF YOUR BS!

had enough of britney

Too bad about Cindy Crawford, she could replace either Barbara Walters or Elisabeth Hasselbitch. I wouldn't miss either one.

tomas

Wish he can defeat the cancer. Many freidns I met on a site called meetingwealthy think so too. They are successful men and women. We usually talk together.

cuntroll

Jeff Healy dies and now Swayze has cancer. The Roadhouse crew is hurtung. Can someone please check on Terry Funk and Sam Elliot?

Grandmother Lohan

Someone, please, kill the Spears family.

Lucy

seriously does Liz Smith ever report a fact? last time I heard a comment from her she was accusing Nichole Kidman of drinking wine backstage at the Oscars...which turned out to be green tea and lemon. Prayers for Patrick Swayze!!

Lekili

Apparently "family values" means nothing when it comes to ratings. Miss Spears has "let down" millions of young girls who have looked up to her. Her recent pregnancy should be cause enough for her show to let her go, she's sending out the wrong message and the TV stations need to put their foot down and start reeling in their young, out of control actors/actresses. It seems bad manners, teen pregnancy and violence are the norm now, what a sad state of affairs.

rosie

Who in the hell really gives a dman about Jaime Lynn Spears? For god's sake, enough of the Spears family train wreck adventures! My heart does go out to Patrick and his loved ones. pancreatic cancer is a horrible disease. My uncle died from it and now a friend of my husband's is fighting for his life due to it. My prayers go out to Patrick and all those who fall victim to this horrible cancer.

Area 51

Patrick Swayze has always seemed to be a nice, polite, respectful man...a real class act...so rare in the entertainment industry today.

Carolyn A-B

Is there a reason why TMZ writers, presumptive adults, are constantly hurling insults at Jamie Lynn Spears, a minor child? Your comments about her speak volumes about yourselves.

FlBiker

I never liked Patrick Swayze.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments