She Made it After All

3/6/2008 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The 71-year-old TV icon resurfaced at a NYC charity event recently, looking flawless.
Mary Tyler Moore
In 1980, Mary's only child accidentally shot and killed himself. In 1981, she received an Oscar nomination for playing the mother of a suicide victim in "Ordinary People."

Mary has been sober ever since she went to rehab at the Betty Ford Center in 1984.

Memba Them?! -- click to launch

COMMENTS

toni

Mary is one classy woman!

peg

God Bless THAT GIRL!

solomeeeo

Mary, Mary, enough work on the face there girl. Your 71. Embrace your age and be proud. Stop trying to look like your 40 again!

zapman132

To those of you who remember Mary as a wife, TV mom on and off screen would have nothing to say but good things about her no matter how she looks today. She was and still is a wonderful person not like the idots out there who have nothing better to do than to than make fun of people who have gone through the aging cycle of life and someday you idots will too. Why don't you stupid people grow the f@#k up and show some respect!

Dave C

ARD ARD Ho Ho Ho and A Bottle of Rum

diagirlnc

She should have aged naturally. She was doing just fine, until she got carried away with the plastic surgery. Still a cool lady, though.

steffie

looking flawless? she had two bad facelifts because of her diabetes and that makes her look scary and claylike enough..but if you see her without make up..ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Mom To Four

I think she aged as gracefully as she could. What woman would age better, after all she has been through? The Death of a child and then hitting the bottle from grief, has its toll. Maybe we should look at what she has accomplished with her life, and not at the hairs of her chinny chin chin!

Chuck

She's fighting the same losing battle that most in her chosen profession do (and so would most of the posters if they could afford it). I don't think any less of her for it. She gave the viewing audience a lot of enjoyment thru the years. Unfortunately, as with most of her peers (and more than a few aging jocks), it's rare for someone whose public image has become their identity to find a graceful way to exit the stage.

MaryanneNJ

17. Lifelong Diabetic. I am home from work with the FLU, do not typing that well. Sorry. What should I do ? Feeling very bad. (I mean physically.) Thanx for the sympathy !

Posted at 2:01PM on Mar 6th 2008 by Just Sayin...we care about you guys.

That's a idiotic comment. Someone with type 1 diabetes would give ANYTHING to just be home with the flu. Do you have any idea of the pathology of type 1 diabetes?????? It ravishes your body after time and I can tell you this woman is not well but yet she gives it her all and remains a voice in trying to find a cure for this disease which impacts the lives of so many - especially children. Clearly you just don't get it.

Maggie Jackson

I bet every one of you mean bloggers looks like a dog's lunch.

Nancy

LMAO at everyone's comment..about the beard and face stretching...I agree with you all...she looks horrible...as I keep looking at her picture I wonder if TMZ cuts and pastes other people's parts such as her jaw..to make them look ghastly LOL does anyone see this too? I can't help it but I"m LMAO!!

Liz

In order to age gracefully, you have to let aging occur. Don't try to hide it with makeup or facelifts or fake hair color. My grandmother is 79 and looks a million times better than any Hollywood star over the age of 60. Leave your face alone and it'll look great. If Mary had left her face (and teeth, and hair) alone, she'd look amazing. I understand that she's a diabetic--my mother is too, but that doesn't change the fact that you age much more gracefully if you don't try to interfere with the aging process.

Nancy

LMAO...

CD

She looks like a Sleestak from the Land of the Lost!