De Niro Beats Cancer ... Lawsuit

3/12/2008 12:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A Los Angeles judge tossed out a lawsuit filed against Robert De Niro by an insurance company that claims the actor lied about having prostate cancer.
Read the minute order
Fireman's Fund Insurance Co. insured De Niro's 2005 movie, "Hide and Seek." Filming of the movie was delayed in 2003 when De Niro learned he had prostate cancer. The insurance company, which had to shell out close to $2 mil because of the delay, claimed De Niro lied on a cast medical exam when he said he had never been treated for or diagnosed with any prostate problems.

But De Niro successfully argued that he took the insurance exam five days before he got the bad news. De Niro underwent surgery back in 2003 and has been reported to now be cancer free.

frankie3

You rock! DeNiro, the firemans insurance no less,of all low life insurances you'd think they would be more adept to pay, goes to show they're all the same. Good Judge! mar.23rd.2008 frankie3

raggedy

You rock! DeNiro

Winky Vitalic

Bobby needs a nose job. Badly. Or maybe some other job.

Liz

Don't you just love insurance companies!

Winky Vitalic

I hear Tara Reid is trying to worm her way into DeNiro. Somebody call Heidi Montag STAT.

Kelli

So Roberts saying "you wanna mess with me?", still sticks! LOL! Go DeNiro.

sickofKate

Pretty crappy! You have cancer and we're going to sue you because of it. Nice! No wonder everyone hates insurance companies...they want to collect payments and never have to pay out.

Winky Vitalic

you all believe deniro? that's what you get when you lie - prostate cancer!

Mikey

THANK GOD THEY SAVED HIS NUTS!

Tessa

I love De Niro,, one of my favorites.. I hope he is doing well..
He is the only one that knows if he lied or not..I'm glad he got the treatment he needed..
These Insurance companies are a disgarce,, but yet we pay out the waazoo for premiums and 'not covered' costs..
Grandma used to say 'Hell is full of Doctors and Lawyers'..
I've since added Insurance companies ( among others) to that list..

sc23

Health Insurance Nazis: U SUCK! America hates you and will soon be rid of you.

Alice

I used to work for an insurance company. I can tell you, hell I would testify to the fact, that they will lie like hell and half of Georgia to keep from paying a righteous claim. And, it doesn't matter if it's $200 or $200,000, they don't care! It's like it's a game. You go De Niro!