« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Wrestler Jeff Hardy's House Burned to the Ground

3/15/2008 7:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

WWE star Jeff Hardy's home in Cameron, North Carolina burned to the ground last night -- the same week he was suspended for 60 days for failing his second drug test! He lost all his possessions, and his dog perished in the blaze.

According to legendary wrestling commentator Jim Ross' website, Hardy and his girlfriend were not home at the time. Jeff's brother, Matt, saw smoke coming from the home, but was too late to do anything about it. Jeff lived in a double-wide trailer.

The WWE has not yet released a statement.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Sherri

omg....not every superstar in the wwe makes big money. Besides, even if Jeff does make big money who are you to judge where he choose's to live? I think it's funny how some of you sit there and think these guys are making millions of dollars, cause most of them are not.

Ted

Are some of you people on drugs yourselfs cuz Jeff Hardy is an awesome wrestler and getting suspended pry reallly sucked and losing his home the same week was pry worse, People make mistakes and everybody knows that pot isnt a real drug and accusing somebody of being on meth is pretty harsh

jbjg24m

poor guy! feel sorry for him!! hope that things get better for him!

wwechampion

You people all make me sick.

Vanilla Cokehead

Hey folks, what has 62 teeth and a collective IQ of 72?

The first row of spectators at a WWE event!

*rim shot*

ha ha ha

ok so we all agree that the dog dying is sad. as for #61...you've been dismissed. pot is a drug. and for #63, apparently when you got off your sheep this morning, you thought that people weren't going to give their opinions on a comment board...thats what these things are here for and crazy comments are what keep them going. and as for coming down to cameron and saying that stuff, you can take solice in the fact that cameron isn't on anyone's list of places to visit. Go on back to your beer and your sheep BUD. Betty is probably getting lonely out in the barn.

tarheel

i went to high school with jeff in cameron, nc and this guy has been serious about wrestling since he could walk. he and matt used to put home videos of them wrestling on their trampoline in the local video store. haven't seen them in a few years, but very nice people.

Stallion

my best wishes to JEFF either way hes a SUPERSTAR and will come through he has proven it through more than one in every company he has been in (dont compare to benoit PLEASE)

Stallion

jeff has proven time and time again that he is a player TOP performer (please leave benoit alone might as well compare jeff with drew b. and tom green) see how dumb and no connection exist

anon69

#63-a little telling huh? Yes, pot is a drug and maybe you shouldn't smoke before you post, or are you still just a little lightheaded from YOUR trip to the barn to visit Betty? ha ha ha! BITCH!

Richard

That doesnt make sense. He has been a top WWE star for how long? And he lives in a doublewide? Where did all his money go? I understand some people choose to live in a less outgoing or flashy manner but he must have a lot of money either stashed away or something. That or we can see why he failed his second drug test. Pot is not an expesive habit so there must be something else going on.

Tall Casey

I have to agree with Stinger829 comments. Most of you are jumping to conclusions about Jeff. I've watched him since his indy circuit days in the mid-90's before WWE picked him and Matt up. He's already been let go from the company once for his abuse of prescription drugs (not steroids, pain killers, he admitted this when he resigned with WWE). So of course he's gonna be watched closely for what he does. Now after two suspensions, his life not his career, are at a crossroads. There are unconfirmed reports that he checked himeself into rehab shortly after getting suspended. If this is true, I'm sure with that help and with the help from the WWE and their fans that Jeff can turn this around and get back to being the true entertainer he is. Good luck Jeff. And all you idiots running your mouths about stuff you have no idea about, look at your own pathetic lives before you denounce another persons.

Kizzy

That is all the way messed up. ESPECIALLY if it was an insurance scam, the guy wouldn't let his dog burn. People that have pets, even if they don't love it as a furry 'person', they like it as a pet, and couldn't just let it die that way.

whatjacka$$e$

First of all, If you would actually read all the comments you would see that it has been stated that he does not live in a trailer. 2nd even if he did, what does it matter. I for one would rather live in a trailer that I owned, on land that I owned. Where I don't have to worry about Jackas$ neighbors or landlords. Hell, I would bet that most of you still live at home with your parents.

I am sure Jeff Hardy could afford to live in a very nice home if that is what he chose to do/ However looks like his priorities are somewhere else. Not every one needs to have an expensive home to use as a status symbol like most of you superficial people on this site.

Peace!

whatjacka$$e$

why do my comments never show up??????

Peace!