Mel Feels Awful About Man's Suicide

3/20/2008 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson feels "terrible" that someone committed suicide on one of his properties -- this according to a rep who spoke with TMZ.

As we first reported, a construction worker's body was found hanging in a structure on the property. We're told it was a suicide. Gibson has never lived on the property and has no current plans to move in. It's located less than a mile from the Holy Family Catholic Church, founded by Mel.

So far, the name of the 48-year-old construction worker has not been id'd. We're told Mel has no idea who the victim is -- we don't know if Mel's ever seen him.

SoliZ's_GuRl

id'd..................im pretty sure u should have spelled that out...but im no albert

Sassinya

I fell terrible too

gullibleminions

just part of life Mel. just part of life...

Emily

How sad it must be for Mel even though he did not know the person. I lost my 45 year old son to suicide and tt is the most heart wrenching thing a parent and/or family can go through. I imagine Mel felt a connection tho he did not know him. My prayers go out to the family.

Liz

This is really ridiculous TMZ! Of course he feels bad and he didn't know who he was. Do you know the names of each and every person that has done work on your home or other properties? Why are you and the media trying to make this a big deal?

gullibleminions

in this county......and it's been termed "America's Finest City"...we have approximately 110+ suicides every four months. Each day people everywhere suicide. Your only hearing about this one because of where he did it. The youngest one I have had to "work on" was 12 yrs. old. Selfish? maybe...but it is ended...no coming back to debate the venue. Once the dead have been buried, and last respects paid, find love and light to fill the sadness...just sayin'

gullibleminions

magoo....is it Mr.Magoo? I was gado;on another site.....Your comments sound familiar. Straight to the point.

shaneainthome

Well, well, well... The last stage before Armageddon and the coming of the four horsemen... "And one like the Lord (a carpenter), shall commit suicide on the Gibson's property. We are all doomed!

Of course it is truly terrible what happened. I feel for the man's family, not for Mel. He's a big boy, who hates Jews, remember?

Rico

was he a keffer?

Just die Joe!!

#10, Shane, I don't think he hates Jews because Jesus was a Jew. You are trying to make this about hate when it is irrevelant to the story. Furthermore, they are not the only people to have suffered with time, so get over it.

May this stranger who took his life R.I.P. Though I do not believe in what he did, I think the act itself is selfish. Furthermore doing this on Mr. Gibson's property will bring unnecessary attention to this wife and child(ren).

Nina Chan

Wonder if the guy was Jewish. Would Mel feel as bad? Wonder if it's really suicide.

Tyra Banks

Hey #11, you a big Bible thumper? Just wondering...

Mrs Joe Jackson

Freddie Mercury said it best :
"...and another one's gone.. and another one's gone.. another one bites the dust, ah"

FIGHT

Jews aren't very forgiving people, are they? Quit naming his Church over and over.

It's funny how Mel got drunk and went off about how Jews control everything, and then in response the Jews flexed their nuts and ruined the man's career - because they control everything. I've had my beef with people, and have committed acts of revenge in my life, but I have never, and would never, mess with a person's livelihood.

Apocolypto was a very good movie. It should have been recognized at the Oscars.

RIP Stranger, and RIP Mel's career.

Just die Joe!!

Forgiveness, though I believe in Jesus, I must say you are right on your posting about the mentality that is out there.

They do control Hollywood and put out every good and yet every fbad and filthy movie that is out there!

Look at the Oscars, they gave best director to the Coen brothers, what a piece of crap that was - they are good about passing the gold to each other and about employing each other as well. No wonder the ratings were down!

Hollywood is still not diverse ... we all know who controls this piece of the pie. Sorry, deep down that is how I feel. If you don't agree with them or walk their chalk line, you don't have a career ..... sad but true.

AND yes, Mel Gibson should have been recognized for Apocalypto - where is the tolerance from the studios?????????? Oh, wait, there is none!!!!!!!!!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments