Sambora Could Be Charged with Endangering Kid

3/26/2008 6:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Richie Sambora could be criminally charged with child endangerment.

Richie Sambora was busted for DUI with his 10-year-old daughter Ava in the car, along with another juvenile and another adult -- a woman. If Sambora was driving drunk, he could be charged with endangering the two kids.

Police sources tell us Sambora has not been charged with endangerment but the Laguna Beach P.D. is "actively investigating."

And, police sources say, after Sambora was busted, the cops called Heather Locklear, Ava's mom. We're told Heather authorized the woman in the car to drive her daughter home.

Jen

Come on man in this state he could have had 2 beers and got a DUI. It doesn't take much. Don't make this guy out to be such a criminal. Maybe he took them out to lunch and had two drinks and lives right down the street.

CoolGirl2008

I agree with you Jen.

or maybe he had 24 beers, some pot, ectacy and was gonna committ murder-suicide.

We just have to wait for the facts.

reggie

rehab

Black Teef

C'mon people! This is like when James Brown got popped for a DUI...give Richie a break! The man is a musical genius! For Christ's sake, the man wrote "You Give Love a Bad Name". Seesh!!

QE2

hadenough: I don't think Protective Services would be necessary if the mother was able to care for the child. It appears that her mother was able to do that.

TamiHaney and Fred: Rehab doesn't seem t owork for this guy. My opinion--try jail and see if that works

To those who feel that perhaps he had not had much to drink: He has a recent DUI history. If he took that seriously, he would not have any alcohol at all and drive--expecially with kids in the car. Regarding the other adult in the car, we don't know the facts there. We don't know what she knew or what he told her about his ability to drive.

QE2

Stevo,
LAMO

Kelli

Just a thought for everyone against Heather. The lady who drove her home was sober and Heather didn't want her daughter at a police station any longer than necessary.

frogs and gravel

#137 Musical Genius?

Kelli

Ok, or hanging out at the scene of the arrest if that is how it went down. :P

single mom

First of all I don't applaud Richie for what he did. I for one do not get in a car while drinking but I will
not condem the one who did. He was lucky that no one was hurt. But to make comments that he is an awful
father for getting in the car with his kid while drunk is not right. Go out on the street right now. I am sure
there are plenty of people out there driving after drinking and even with their kids. He made a mistake. I am sure he
not feeling to good about it right now. We don't know what the alcohol level was. Maybe you shouldn't be so harsh.
And yes I am a Bon Jovi fan. I enjoy their music and they put on one of the best concerts. Drinking is no excuse for
all the things he has been through but that is his way of dealing with it. I lost my father to lung cancer and no
you don't get over watching someone die and knowing there is nothing that anyone can do. People deal with grief in different
ways and for the one who said he got out of NJ, maybe he should come back.

dama

who cares if richie s is drunk hes had my primission to get drunk the cali police are the damn problem looking to pull a good man down jerk offs go richie go heres some jack daniels dude lol your be fine kid ...... later boy from new jersey capt tates on route 49

Lenn K.

Six months in jail and 5 years probation can help this situation.

TIA

Laguna Beach police are - tough! I live in So. Orange County. Everyone knows you never drink and drive on So. Coast Hwy-otherwise known as PCH or on the 133 Laguna Canyon Road... You shouldn't drink and drive in the first place...
How sad his daughter was in the car. He was most likely bringing her to his Laguna home for a visit during Spring break before resuming his tour schedule.

Sambora Fan

Richie,
Hang in there, and Keep the Faith. Your a Good Person.

SoliZ's_GuRl