Allred Goes Tit-for-Tat with the TSA

3/27/2008 6:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gloria Allred held a press conference today demonstrating how TSA agents forced her client to remove her nipple piercings.

Yeah, it was as ridiculous as it sounds.

bianca

Ok, first of all for all those who dont have nipple piercings, it is not easy to "just take it out".
I have gone through a experience like this, I was flying home and they pulled me aside to do an individual scan. When they scanned over my boob the scanner beeped. I was very honest with them and said, "oh that is just my nipple ring", at that point they said you can take it out, or we will being in a woman to do a hand search. I obviously chose the hand search and all she did wa cope a little feel, with my bra on, it is no big deal.

WHAAAAAT???

OK, I understand that this woman's privacy MAY have been violated... MAY. But here is where I have trouble... What the heck is a 37 year old doing getting the nipple rings PUT BACK IN? My Goodness!!! When are people going to GROW UP!?!?! "Oh, I'm 37 and have nipple rings"... good for you... I wouldn't want to hang out with you, but good for you and your nipple rings! Personally, when I'm with a woman I don't like the taste of metal.

fred flatt

This is just another case of idiotic, under educated, airport security personell (who could not get a job befor Sept. 11) overstepping their authority. It is not reasonable to remove piercings to get through airport security, and the woman did offer to show that these were not dangerous. It is not any law that you have to remove this stuff, only that you have to cooperate to show & explain when asked. Anyone thinks that this was "the law", then what are you going to do when the airport security askes you to remove metal plates from your skull or metallic implants from your spine? Anyone that thinks this is reasonable will surely go for the implanted chip that knows all, including what you think. Welcome Big Brother & all of your mindless sheep.
I have had things stolen, damaged & pilfered by these morons with no apparent sense of responsibility. I hope she sues & gets a hundred million bucks except for the fact that it will come out of my pocket because of our government idiots.

Tom

I think the policy is fine and the woman is crying over nothing. The policy says no metal that sets off the alarm and after 911 I think that's a good thing. She shouls have taken them out before hand. Hey, let's not stop here. Nipple rings are ridiculous anyway. They get in the way of all the fun that you can have with nipples. Wear your jewelry somewhere else.

SargeK

I have piercings like that and I also have the same type of jewelry in my piercings. It is not that hard to remove!!! I have had to several times for medical procedures, etc. Also, I went through an airport and set off their little machine. They wanded me and it went off. I told them what it was (nipple and navel) and they had a female look at them and let me go through. I have the small rings and can remove them with my fingers. I don't need pliers to to do. What is that chick's problem? I can pop mine in and out with no problem. Oh, I'm over 50 and it doesn't bother me when people ask about them.

George Corwin

Neither of these two females was gifted with brains.

Certainly there has to be better things to report on. She should ahve know these things would set off the alarsm.

She simply should not have worn them.

Total waste of our dollars even reporting this junk,

Kevin

WTF !!!!! GLORIA ALLRED IS THE BIGGEST MEDIA WHORE OUT THERE. SHE'LL TAKE ANY CASE THAT CAN GET HER SOME TIME ON TV !!!

Jeff

It was ridiculous for the TSA employees to demand the woman remove the body piercings, especially considering where they were located. She offered to show them to a female employee in private and that should have been the end of the situation. The last time I checked, this was still the United States of America and we were still guaranteed our freedom. If she had refused to show the piercings to the TSA agent, the there would have been an issue. All those who are berating this lady should shut up and consider if they had been in the same situation. Yes we are in terrorist alert mode, but that should not have resulted in this incident. You must all be big "W" supporters and approve of his illegal invasion of Iraq. Get a life.

German duckie

I really just don t get it: What is it this obsession with nipples in the United States? It s so HILARIOUS for us Europeans to read how hysterical Americans get when they see one, hear of one or think of one! *GGG*

WKW

This is why you should always wear the clip-ons when you travel.

Steve

WTG TSA!!!! I'm glad they got this right! This woman is too dim to be allowed in public, and her lawyer is a bigger ambulance chaser than John Edwards or William Kunsler....and no, jeff, I'm not a W fan, got a life and suspect you ate paint chips as a kid.

Lucy Phoenix

So the woman is going to terrorize and highjack a plane with a Nipple Ring? Airport security consists of low wage workers hired off the streets who have never had power in their lives. Now they harass everybody and seem to enjoy picking on the elderly and anyone they can embarrass. It's all a big game for them.

Steve

whew, looks like good news, I won't have to worry about running into Lucy Phoenix in the airport either. You and jeff ride the same short bus?

rev12volttoys

Well, some of those who say they have piercings I do not think really do. If the ring is too tight you must use pliers. Some captive bead rings have a small indent like 30/1000s of an inch- about the diameter of a middle guitar string. Others are deeper maybe 1/8" or 125/1000 about 3 times as deep as 3 of the biggest guitar strings (E). I have had many times to use pliers to get those off. With a 6 guage indents on the bead and using an 8 guage ring the ends of the ringcan really go into the larger bead holes. Anyway, I had to use pliers, but actually I used sissors from the inside to spread the ring out.

Yes and it can hurt when putting the rings back in especially in a larger size with out lubricant. Enough on the technical side.

I think they were good-ole-boy bullies. She offered to show them, so posters that side with the screeners do not know what they are talking about. I think those involved should pay and go to jail. I think the company should pay.

C

What TMZ did not mention was that when she was asked to remove it, the TSA worker handed her a pair of pliers and smirked when he handed them to her.

I'd be pissed too!