Siegfried to Roy: Nice Piece of Ash

4/5/2008 2:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

So the story goes like this ... when Sahra the tiger died of kidney failure a while back, Roy decided to have the tiger cremated. But here's the dilemma -- how do you stuff a tiger with full-on rigor mortis into a small furnace?

Siegfried and Roy's ex security chief, Jim Mydlach, is writing a "tell-all" book in which he describes the incident, according to Page Six. The way Mydlach tells it, Roy was dead set on having the tiger cremated and delivered to him, still warm.

Mydlach says he was ordered to cut the cat up, so he "dismembered the tiger's corpse, cutting off it's legs...one of the worst experiences of [my life]." The ashes then went into Roy's private collection, which lined his bedroom.

That's one hot pussy, delivered as ordered.

missourimedic

As someone else correctly pointed out, this is B.S.. Rigor Mortis only lasts for a few hours, and then it goes away.
I'm a paramedic and I deal with dead bodies very frequently. I've done this for 15 years. I know what I'm talking about.

missourimedic

Oh, and incidentally.... if cutting the legs off of a dead animal is the "worst experience of his life" than this guy has led one very charmed life. I've been hunting and gutted deer. I've performed surgical crichothyrotomies on dying children so i could place breathing tubes in their throats. I've picked up amputated body parts from beside highways. I've sat down grieving parents in order to notify them that their children had died. Poor, tough, trauamatized body guard... having to cut up a dead animal. :( I wonder if he'll require grief counciling for his PTSD?

del

Oh, boo hoo! You had to cut up a dead cat! Wah! You wan't trauma? Try being Naomi Campbell's assistant!

del

Since when does your head of security, rather than your vet or crematoria, handle the physical task of cremation? That's balogna. We had our dog cremated and the vet farmed it out to a pet crematoria. We certainly didn't have to bring fuzzy to the crematoria and prep him for it. Silly.

del

MissouriMedic: You choose to do what you do. and you're desensitized due to your constant exposure to trauma, drama, etc. There are plenty of people who'd find hacking a giant mamal to pieces fairly disturbing.

del

Posted at 10:48PM on Apr 5th 2008 by MissouriMedic

Wow, you kind of suck as a paramedic if you deal with bodies constantly. You're supposed to save the living, not be a taxi for the dead. Are you perpetually late, or do you just really sucky at your job? From your posts, you clearly lack compassion and think way too highly of yourself!

del

MissouriMedic = Grim Reaper

EDL

This story is completely ridiculous. Not only it it not necessary to do, Roy would never allow it to be done much less "order it". This guy has been trying to cause Siegfried & Roy problems for years, making up stories and allegations against them. He's been trying to sell this "tell all book" for a while now and since no one has paid any attention to the previous allegations he's making up new ones in hopes that someone will believe him. He's upset because he was fired, and wasn't taken on a trip to Mexico a while ago, so he's trying to ruin them. Truly pathetic.

honee

The book wasn't written because of one the aurhors wasn't taken on a trip to Mexico. The book was written by three men, their security guard of 20 years, his son and their show director. I don't think all three of them would get together and go through this because one of them wasn't taken on vacation. That being said, this story does sound untrue. And even if it were true, it doesn't really matter because the tiger wasn't hurt, she was already dead.

EDL

No, the book wasn't written simply because he wasn't taken on vacation. It was written because they're angry with namely Siegfried for firing them. The son has taken him to court numerous times since Roy's accident, making horrible accusastions, and had all of his cases thrown out. I think this guy just needs to get a life and leave them alone. The book has changed titles, authors and due dates about three dozen times, hopefully the trash never surfaces.

Mary

I have news for you guys -- MOST large animals (horses, etc.) have to be cut up to be cremated. There are very few whole-animal crematories available. This story was gruesome and inflammatory for no reason. How about having your little minions do some ACTUAL RESEARCH before posting crap.

christa

This story is sickening. You couldn't pay me enough to do that.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3