Who Shot J.R.?

4/28/2008 7:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 76-year-old resurfaced at a TV taping in Dublin this weekend, looking great.
Larry Hagman
In 1995, Larry had a liver transplant after years of heavy drinking led to cirrhosis.

For the record, J.R.'s sister-in-law/mistress Kristin (played by Mary Crosby) pulled the infamous trigger.

COMMENTS

Chan

He looks old.. He had a liver transplant - even tho he is an alchoholic - and still allegedly drinks.. He lost my vote a long time ago...

Diana Lara

I DIDN'T KNOW HE WAS AN ALCOHLIC, BUT I KNOW HE IS AGAINST SMOKING CIGARETTES.

Tangie

This drunk by-passed the waiting list for livers because he was a celeb. Meanwhile, someone died waiting, that was truly sick and not from drinking. And yes, he supposedly continued drinking after that. He is a dirtball.

FlBiker

I don't blame him, if you're dying and could buy a liver, wouldn't ya?

greggo

Seriously

That's right, he bypassed dying people on the transplant list because he's a fxxking celebrity with MONEY.
Hollywood and it's celebs should fall into the ocean and be a shark buffet.

Robinest

Yes - because all of you know the exact details of his transplant and his life.

Tangie

Robinest---Everyone knows this guy's story. It was widely reported at the time. Check it out.

1st

Good for him if he still drank after the implant!! Would you stop breathing after a lung transplant?? Didn't think so!!!

He is still the "Master"!!!!!

sunniski

Why is everyone so mean about him? When I was growing up I looked forward to watching episodes of Dallas every week. They filmed the office scenes in the building that my dad worked in. Larry is a very nice man. When you lead a perfect life then YOU can critize his life and his mistakes. I love you Larry....

My two cents

Oh my gosh. I so love J.R. Ewing! I catch episodes late at night sometimes and still cannot believe how well Larry portrayed that J.R.! I will always be a fan of Larry Hagman. He is a great guy.

tard in the hood

Mickey Mantle David Crosby Papa John Phillips ALL WELL KNOWN DRUNKS AND DRUGGIES received new livers. WHILE GOOD PEOPLE DIE WAITING ON THE TRANSPLANT LIST. CELEBS SUC

Colo.Girl

"OMG! I thought he was dead. So, I guess to me, he looks better than I expected. :)"

Now that's funny.

I think he looks pretty good.

AV

Well, if he's still drinking after a liver transplant, he's an idiot. And for thos ignorant A-holes that are saying he bought his liver transplant, you're nothing but uneducated idiots. No matter how you got to be on the waiting list, drug use, cancer, drinking too much, you have to meet a number scale of priorty based on the condition of your liver. You must have the right blood type and the donated liver has to be a perfect size for YOU. THere's a lot that goes into a liver transplant, you can't just throw you power/ money around.

AV

Seriously, some of your are plane stupid. "innocent people dying while waiting for a liver" Um, hello, who do you think gets liver transplants? Usually people with Hep C, drinking problems, and some cancer patients. Majority are ex-druggies or recovering/struggling alcoholics. So rest your little heads, no one innocent died while waiting. Most are people with past or current issues.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments