"DWTS" -- Deaf and Numb

4/29/2008 11:27 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Cristian de la Fuente thinks the ruptured tendon in his left arm is comparable to the fact that Marlee Matlin is deaf.

He told Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris that if he were voted on to the next round, he would power through his injury, saying, "Weeks ago, a deaf woman took the chance of dancing. I can dance."

If only he were mute.

wait what

WE DO NOT CARE! If I were a fan of the show wouldn't I be watching it right now?!?!?! Shut UP.

tx soccer mom

WTF???

Claire

Of course it was ridiculous for Cristian to compare his injury to Marlee's disability but the real question is... HOW THE HELL CAN HE USE HIS ARM WITH A RUPTURED TENDON??? He clearly demonstrated on Monday night how much this injury affected his ability to continue their routine. How does he plan to overcome this, especially when he is delaying surgery to repair the tendon? Is he thinking sheer determination will miraculously heal him? Muy Stupido!!!

just wondering

..well, that was a classless comment...how ignorant of him.

JessBcuz

WOW!!! Yeah. there goes HIS votes!!!

just wondering

P.S....alot of FOOT AND MOUTH DISEASE going on in LaLa land.

JessBcuz

Come to think of it..."the deaf woman" did a whole lot better than him WITHOUT the injury!!! What an idiot..reminds me of my ex. Such stupidity.

Cooper

Has the world gone stupid? He WASN'T saying that is injury was similar to being deaf. He was saying that if Marlee can compete while deaf (a difficult handicap to overcome), then he can with a hurt arm (a much easier one.) What exactly is so difficult to comprehend about that?

just wondering

fixxin 2....his partner should refuse training with him....dangerous for her...he is obvioulsy a dumbass.

MaryMac

OK-I don't know this guy and don't watch the show, but clearly people are misconstruing what he said. I took it like he was saying....hey, if a deaf woman can overcome her disability to dance, then certainly, I should be able to do it with a simple injury like the one I have. He isn't comparing himself to her as equal. He is saying that her disabilty is far more of a handicap than his and she is an inspiration to him to continue on. I didn't take it as insulting at all, but rather just the opposite.

IMO

just wondering

Cooper...u can't dance if u can't use ur arm, especially with a partner.....Marlee "hears" in her own way and CAN dance.

L.A.

WHAT A STUPID A-- HE IS MAKING THAT COMMENT REGARDING MARLEE, LIKE HE IS CHALLENGING, WHAT? HIS ARM TO DANCE. WOW, WE SHOULD FEEL SO INSPIRED BY HIM THAT HE WILL FORGO SURGERY FOR US TO BE ON DWTS. BS -IF HE HAD RUPTURED ANYTHING IN HIS BODY IT WOULD HURT LIKE HELL! YOU CAN'T EVEN DO ANYTHING CUZ YOUR ON HEAVY MEDS FOR PAIN. THIS IS SO PHONY IT'S SICKENING. DID YOU NOTICE HOW HE MOVED THAT LEFT ARM AND POINTED IT TO HIS LEFT AT SOMEONE THAT WAS JUST SAVED, YET WHEN TOM CALLED HIM FORWARD HE FOLDED IT AND HELD ON TO IT LIKE HE JUST BROKE IT!!! THIS IS SO SICKENING, IT REALLY TICKS US OFF!!!! IF THEY ARE NOT GONE NEXT WEEK THIS SHOW IS AS PHONY AS THE TWO OF THEM...WE ARE NOT ASHAMED TO SAY THAT WE ARE CALIFORNIA FILIPINOS WITH NO RESPECT NOR ARE WE FANS OF EITHER ONE!

tori

When I heard him say it & saw the look on everyone's face I actually said out loud "What a pompous idiot!"

Bubblebunny

OK, you are all really not getting it. I had a ruptured tendon last summer. You only have a tiny range of motion. The pain is beyond horrible. (Think labor or a kidney stone. Reaching straight out in fron- impossible, because the arm just won't work. I do not know how he will do it, even with therapy. He must be getting paid by the dance to want to continue, even with pain meds. They never really work enough. They just make you really tired, and you are still in pain.

Ms. Sugar Walls

I TOLD YOU(S) THAT HE IS A WUSSY! HE IS A FAKER! HE FAKED THE WHOLE THING, AND I WHAT IS CRAZY IS THAT I AM ON THE ABC CHAT ROOM, AND IT IS ACTUAL PEOPLE THAT STILL HAVE SYMPATHY FOR THIS CLOWN!
HE FAKED IT! YOU CAN TELL IN THE DANCE! NO WAY SHANNON, SHOULD HAVE WENT HOME BEFORE HIM! SHE WASN'T THAT GREAT, BUT SHE WAS BETTER THAN HIM! I HOPE THAT HE GO HOME NEXT WEEK!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments