Hollywood Hot Spot -- Smokin' Hot!

4/30/2008 10:37 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Basque -- the Hollywood club which was featured in movies like "Ocean's 11" and "Confidence" -- is on fire in Hollywood.

The bar/restaurant is located on the corner of Hollywood and Vine, right near the iconic Capitol Records building.

Firefighters arrived on scene at around 5:30 AM.

UPDATE: Firefighters are starting to break down some of their gear, though hoses are still dousing the building with water.

The flames appear to have subsided and the smoke has started to clear up in the area.

Berta

A hot first !

Stick

Good. Let it burn.

go outside sometimes

So, is it just a coincidence that Off Vine restaurant just burnt two days ago? Worrisome.

Oppsishitedovertherainbowtofindthepotofgold

wth they need to be out there lookinh for the culprit.

whatever

I care about this because.........................

hot snot

i hope no one was hurt

Standing by the edge

It's no coincidence ~ I did it both times. I was in the mood for a little bar b que and they said they weren't set up for it. I was just trying to help. Jeez.

go outside sometimes

Just me, is that supposed to be funny? That's the kind of stupid "joke" that could get you in legal trouble, as any adult knows. Does your mom know you are doing such stupid things?

And I wuld just bet that the firefighters are loving having TMZ there in the middle of it all with their cameras. Go home and let the men do their jobs, TMZ.

PEACE

Sean Hannity’s relationship with Hal Turner - Neo Nazi/White Supremacist
March 25th, 2008 · 8 Comments

hannity.jpg

I originally received this story from News Hounds who’s tag line is “We watch FOX so you don’t have to.” I’ve also found the story at Daily Kos as well. I’ll attempt to summarize what these sites say about Sean Hannity, Hal Turner, and their relationship, but make sure to read some of the corresponding links to judge for yourself.

Now there are some comments in this post that may offend some readers. Also know that when we begin to tread in these waters, the language and references become quite graphic but we have to go here. Let’s go.

From News Hounds (click here for post White Supremacist Confirms relationship with Hannity).

Earlier in the week, Sean Hannity denied, albeit in contradictory terms, ever having a relationship with neo Nazi/white supremacist Hal Turner. As I posted the night Hannity was confronted about Turner, the evidence conflicts with Hanniy’s claims. Now Turner has confirmed their friendship and their sympatico views in a blog post called, “About Sean Hannity and Me. . . . . Yes, we were friends and yes, Sean agreed with some of my views.” H/T Davefromqueens.

They then refer to a post from the Hal Turner Show website titled - “About Sean Hannity and me.” I’ll start with a comment at telling comment from the end of the post and then hit some other highlights.

* In my opinion, based on my first hand experience, I believe Sean Hannity is, in fact, a Hal Turner sort of guy. It seems to me that a big difference between Sean and me is that I am willing to say publicly what I think about savage Black criminals, diseased, uneducated illegal aliens and the grotesque cultural destruction wrought by satanic jews while Sean and many others keep quiet to protect their paychecks.

* On Wednesday, March 19, Malik Zulu Shabazz of the New Black Panther Party appeared as a guest on “Hannity & Colmes” to discuss the Obama / Reverend Wright controversy. During that appearance, Sean Hannity asked Shabazz if Barak Obama shouldn’t be judged by his past affiliations with Reverend Wright, to which Shabazz replied by asking Sean Hannity “Should you be judged by your past association with Hal Turner, a neo-Nazi?”I was quite disappointed when Sean Hannity at first tried to say he didn’t know me and then went on to say that I ran some senate campaign in New Jersey. In fact, Sean Hannity does know me and we were quite friendly a number of years ago.

* Another big difference is that I am perfectly willing to use force and violence against my enemies while Sean Hannity and others are not. Those using me as a prop to attack Sean Hannity would do well to remember this fact. Rest assured I will remember them when the opportunity presents itself; especially as it pertains to that douche bag sodomite Max Blumenthal for the falsehoods and total trash he wrote about me in “The Nation” magazine.

* I can tell you from my firsthand, personal experience that Sean Hannity does, in fact, agree with many of my political and social views. I can also tell you that Sean Hannity disagrees with some of my political and social views. I won’t go subject-by-subject to say which he agrees with and which he disagrees with. You can figure that out easy enough on your own!

Fox News has tried to clean up what’s coming from Turner by disputing dates that he uses in his post. Turner has posted an update which reads “

Some questions have been raised as to the years mentioned in my recollection above. With this situation at least ten years old, the accuracy of my memory concerning the calendar years may be off, but the facts about communications between me and Sean Hannity reflected in the recollection above are completely truthful.

Another interesting quote from Turner was “Suffice it to say that my recollection is that when Sean and I spoke by phone, while no one else was listening, he and I exchanged the kinds of views that most White, Irish-Catholic guys hold, but won’t speak in public.”

Is Hannity really a Hal Turner kind of guy? I don’t know. Would I be surprised to find out that he is? Not at all.

Over my years of consuming “conservative” talk radio, I’ve always been able to stomach Limbaugh and O’Reilly, but Hannity has always played even dirtier than those cats. This intentional smear of Dr. Wright, picked up in every area of the media, has let us know what Hal Turner only confirms. I’m not a guy urging my readers to shut down Fox News, but it is time to start thinking about going after advertisers of Sean Hannity’s television show.

I believe closed minded nationalists have the right to air the own race ba

NotJarJarBinks

I bet TMZ has better coverage than the local news stations.

whatever

Hey #8 (childred need to be off the computer - "Just Me" (#4) didn't make the stupid comments it was #7, "It's Just Me" . So before you accuse anyone with anything or make rude comments yourself get it right! Some people do make comments not everyone likes (LIKE YOU DID) but come on, this is a blog!

VAN-HALEN ROCKS

get the strippers out first and then let the bitch burn down...

go outside sometimes

Just Me (the first one this time) "I care about this because......"
Wow, pretty defensive, as obviously the first comment was directed at the juvenile who claimed to set the fires. (like making "jokes" about bringing bombs into airports, hopefully the cops won't land on his doorstep)
Apparently you do care, and WAAAAAY too much. Having to defend yourself even though you are using an anonomyous name just like the rest of us, and getting all upset, and having to reprimand me, over a typo for crying out loud, for a comment you made that was useless and a waste of time anyhow.
What a pathetic life you must have. I am sorry for you.
And, I am entitled to this opinion, like it or not, (Just like I didn't like yours either) after all, come on, it's just a blog, right?
The saddest part is, you will probably feel the need to respond. Pathetic.

go outside sometimes

Who is supposed to screen the comments? Can't you take down that tirade by Truth? This is about a fire at a restaurant, not a huge pontification about Sean Hannity. All that matters is that no one got hurt in the fire.

Standing by the edge

Re: #8 - children need to be off the computer ~ Take a deep breath and don't take everything so seriously. I have the perfect alibi. I live a couple thousand miles away and I'm not allowed to play with matches. Jeez, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed or what? First you kvetch at me then TMZ for showing what the local stations are reporting. It is news and a place with a history. I'm glad you're not my mom...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments