Cruise Puts Crazy on Hold for Cancer Victim

5/5/2008 10:32 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The manic antics surrounding Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes were suddenly subdued when the mother of a two-year-old cancer victim ambushed them for support outside their New York hotel.

Tom was anything but glib while listening to the woman's story.

Jimmy

Suzan, it isn't banned in Germany. Germany considers Scientology a business and not a religion and have a group that monitors it over there.

Reality

How staged was this????? I believe everything Tom does is choreographed and planned to the last detail. I don't believe anything I read, hear or see regarding this ACTOR. His whole life is an act.

OSW

Will always be a fan of his movies.......but anyone who believes you must pay exuberant fees to become enlightened has serious issues. It's an obvious MLM Cult. That is it. Period. COS is a religion? Yes, and OJ didn't kill his wife. KH has turned into a zombie. Has a love of cupcakes and yet is looking emaciated.

Goldie

I don't think this was staged. The little girl is real and so is her website here: http://www.graceogorman.co.uk/

HESOHOT

I USUALLY DO NOT COMMENT... PLEASE DO NOT FAULT THIS MOTHER, SHE IS DOING ANYTHING TO SAVE HER CHILD, IVE BEEN THERE. IF A CELEBRITY WITH MONEY AND CONNECTIONS CAN BRING SOME ATTENTION TO THE CAUSE MORE POWER TO HER. AND IT WORKED PEOPLE ARE READING and COMMENTING ABOUT CHILDRENS CANCER> THERE HAS NOT BEEN A DRUG DEVELOPED IN OVER 20 YEARS specifially FOR CHILDREN, THEY TRY TO DO A VARRIATION OF A ADULT DRUG>> THEN CLINICALLY TRY IT AND THEN MAYBE THEY WILL USE IT ON CHILDREN, WHERE AS THE DRUG COMPANY WILL SPEND Billions of Dollars DEVELOPING A DRUG TO KEEP A OLD MANS ...#^@& HARD. Because CHILDREN ARE NOT PROFITABLE.. Go to CARINGBRIDGE.ORG look at these kids faces and tell me you wouldnt beg a stranger for help if it was your child.

HESOHOT

I went to the website of the little girl.... I really understand now..............WHY she asked for help... IF you only knew the battle she is fighting......... I lost my 5 year old to Neuroblastma.. stage 4 also........... Reseach it.. and Donate to the Childrens Neuroblatoma Foundation.............

gwen

actually, Tom Cruise and he alone created the attitude we have towards him. He wasn't quite as huge an influence to the public as he thought. He thought that he was the biggest star on the planet and he decided he could use that as a way of making us think differently. Unfortunately, if he is a big star, it is and was only because of his fans. He is just a man who got lucky in some really good movies and then he decided that we were wrong and scientology was right. He has created his own public mess, revealed himself as a fool and married the 6th person on his potential wife list..which makes Katie a pathetic fool. As far as the sick child, obviously that is true but what connection does the "mom" have to scientology and who may have used her to make Tom look like a normal human. If there is a connection there and Tom staged this using a sick child, well, he really is a loon...I hope someone digs into this and finds out if this is in deed a publicity stunt and end Tom Cruise's career once and for all. Let him go live up in the mountains with his robots and his scientology and we can honor more worthy stars who really care about everyone and who show us how to make a difference.

OSW

Goldielocks #94 - The childs illness is real. The fact that this woman, not only knew of where TC would be and the timing of his arrival, and not to mention NO ONE can get that close to him AND talk that long - That was nothing but a complete farce. Is TC the only multi-millioniare on the planet? Why TC? And not for nothing, if my daughter was in that condition, I would be with her - not waiting for a celebrity to show up to discuss her illness. Why not wait for Bill Gates, Oprah, Warren Buffet, Donald Trump?? That was as fake as Pamela Andersons breasts.

PS My Mother has a trache (Can't speak) and full blown emphysema. Never smoked a day in her life. And stomach cancer. She can have the tracheotomy reversed but the surgery and therapy is not covered by insurance. Should I go stand in front of a hotel and wait for Tom Cruise too?

HESOHOT

This is responce to 89 LOL... just your name says it all, THe point is even if it was stage people are talking about childrens cancer. As far as your mother thats sad, are you doing anything about it or do you just bash people that are still trying to fight the cancer

OSW

Fighting cancer by hunting down a celebrity??? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's RESPONSE not RESPONCE - that screams volumes about YOU -

#90 = Broken condom

OSW

This was so planted. My son was very sick with leukemia. He is now in remission. The last thing on my mind was to try and find a celebrity, at his hotel, and plug his disease. I spent my time educating myself and talking with people who overcame it via alternative healing.

I get a kick out of the blonde in the background. She gives the times up nod. After her story was listened to by TC and taped on camera. Love how KH just stares in true zombie form.

Any child or human being that has to endure cancer is sad. But this was clearly a PR move by TC and COS.

joeblow

http://www.graceogorman.co.uk/index.html - as legitmate website
http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jsp?domain=graceogorman.com - legitimately registered

Shame on anyone who doubts this woman's word!
What a bunch of cynics and losers. Hope no one you love is stricken with anything this awful and no one believes you. Do your homework before you slander someone. This woman is not a celebrity so slander libel laws are hers to pursue.

OSW

When in doubt - seek out an alien believer for help!

I'm going to go look for someone who believes in mermaids and unicorns to help people that are inflicted with HIV/AIDS.

stopthepresses

I hate to be so cynical. I do believe the child is ill and the mother has the best of intentions and my heart breaks for her and her child, but something in my gut just screams: STAGED, STAGED. Right down to the "Good Man, Tom" heard in the background. Nauseating. I have to agree with another poster - if my child was sick the last thing I would do is hunt down Tom Cruise.