Is the Fix in For Archuleta?

5/7/2008 1:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David Archuleta could fart and the "A.I." judges would say bravo.

Davie boy was pretty good last night, but really, it's as if the judges were preprogrammed to drool over him regardless of what he did. They didn't cream over Kelly Clarkson the way they did with David, and no offense, but he eats her dust.

"Idol" has its mitts on the recording contracts of the winners. So is this about talent, or that David is more commercial and has a longer shelf life? We're just askin'.....

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Pmw1969

I am in the business of rating peformers on their musical ++talents and I can say without a doubt, David A. is theme park material at best. I really lost interest when Michael Johns and Carly were dumped. The judges comments are unoriginal and stale and maybe they need to realize that they are not the ultimate judges of talent. Its already in the bag for Archuleta and he is certainly not the most talented. He is a novelty that will fade like the pet rock.

IdolFan-Kissimmee

David A. has a fantastic voice, let's face it. Absolutely fabulous. But that's about it. But then, so does David Cook! And David Cook ROCKS. He's gorgeous, talented, humble, and ... well, I cried when he sang Roberta Flack's "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face." WOW. I was blown away. I can't imagine that David A. has the ability to take an old classic and turn it into a current hit. I'd go see David Cook in concert any where, any time. David A., sorry, but I would not go to see you anywhere, you'd bore me to no end. David Cook deserves to be the next American Idol - hands down. Paula, Randy, Simon - thanks for helping little David out, but this time "Goliath" should win - "Goliath" being DAVID COOK - he's so much bigger than David A in every way!

CoolGirl2008

If he wins- his album will sell 1,023 copies.

He has no star quality.

Ta!

rachel

Too many females have won the contest, and he's got that 'cute' marketable factor.
THe show is rigged for him to win.

babymoon

The show is rigged for sure this year. A while back one of the gossip sites posted about AI was getting together with producers and writers about getting songs created for him in particular. I've know since way back then he is to win. How can he beat David Cook? Please. I can't stand the kid, but all them teeny boppers will pay lots of money for pins, lunch boxes, notebooks, posters, shirts, etc with his face on them. So I can't say I blame Idol, he's where the money will lay with.

Ryan

He has absolutely no personality..
I honestly don't think he'll have a career after the show.

davey

Short on time so they cut the dread lock boys intro but still had time for gay boys after that..... bad idol, bad.. and simon is bisexual incase you didn't know....

Kyle

David eats Kelly's dust? Please... she can't even sell out an arena these days and had to tour to smaller venues. Carrie Underwood is by far the most successful IDOL winner. David is great, just because he is young, give him a break and let him have his justified win.

michele d

He will not be able to sell CD's...does not have the it factor at all. Boring!!!!! David Cook should win.

THEMOMMA

ARCHULETA HAS THE PERSONALITY OF A ROCK !!!!!!! HIS VOICE IS GOOD BUT HE'S IS FREAKY TO WATCH SING ......... BUT I HOPE HE WINS SO DAVID COOK CAN GO ON TO A BIGGER AND MUUUUUCH BETTER CAREER ....... SHADES OF DAUGHTRY , YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN ????????

Ladyslof

And then people wonder why no one watches anymore. It doesn't make a difference who you vote for-they are gonna pick who ever they want. Archuletta is BORING. I haven't watched the show as much as I used to, and if he wins, I can guarantee I will NEVER watch it again. I bet i'm not the only one!

writergal

I thought about that last night too! I LOVED david's first song, but the second song was BORING. And they were all over him -- he "crushed" the competition...NO WAY! I thought, "how far up david a's ass are tehse judges" they could probably see his bellybutton! unfrigging real!

jeezlouise

hes good- but, hes no Luis Miguel.....

got nothing better to do

I can't stand David Archuleta. I hate his speaking voice, his singing voice, his facial expressions etc. Ugh.
Oh & my 12 year old daughter doesn't like him either. She likes David Cook.

anthonysdreamgirl**

I think David Cook will win. Alot of these singers are great on the show and then they can't cut it in the "real" world. I think alot of the past idol's success depended on if they collaborated with good writers who can actually make a hit record. All the winners were good for what they were, not all the winners were given good people to work with to write them a great album,

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments