Is the Fix in For Archuleta?

5/7/2008 1:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David Archuleta could fart and the "A.I." judges would say bravo.

Davie boy was pretty good last night, but really, it's as if the judges were preprogrammed to drool over him regardless of what he did. They didn't cream over Kelly Clarkson the way they did with David, and no offense, but he eats her dust.

"Idol" has its mitts on the recording contracts of the winners. So is this about talent, or that David is more commercial and has a longer shelf life? We're just askin'.....

Kat

Tap dance for us Davey Boy. I will throw some coins into the hat.

Brookeabcdefg

Funny, MTV.com has a totally different review of last night. They actually thought David blew away the competition. But then again, they know music, and TMZ knows nothing. BTW, why is it okay for the judges to pimp Cook week after week? Even going as far as saying "I believe I'm looking at the next American Idol" (Paula last week) Considering David Archuleta has the best voice in this competition, he deserves to win. I am giving him ALL my votes for 2 hours straight. Don't underestimate the power of the Arch Angels people. They are NOT just teeenagers. Don't even think for a second you are going to take away Archuleta's thunder, TMZ. Music is running through his veins. This kid is a STAR!

Luke

He can play Pinocchio in the touring stage show after Idol, and his father can still pull his strings.

Or Jeff can bend over and Davey boy can drop to his knees and tell him lies... ( Like, "I've never sung this song before," or "I only heard of this song yesterday," or "I selected this song because I love it so much.")

Dibbee

I really am astonished by the judges' comments just because they have never in all these years been this overwhelmingly supportive and positive to any other contestant as often. I love David A and I think he is a fine young man with a terrific polished voice which will only get better as he matures. I do believe he should win this year's idol as he truly does crush the competition whenever he performs. He has been such a great singer since he was very young so it is time now to begin his career in earnest. He will grow and develop just like we all do as he gets older but he needs to take his chance right now. Go David A for the win!!!!

Normal White Woman

That is fine let David A win, then he will have to be under the American Idol contract, then that way David C, can go out on his own.....and do it the way he wants to. Look at what Daughtry has done! I know I would buy a David C CD, but would never even think of buying a David A CD.

Kat

The Arch Angel are those old Claymate hags.

Kat

He is a shooting star and they all come a tumbling down

Arjay

More proof that AI wants to make David A look good was the ending of Love Me Tender. During his performance he got choked up on his falsetto but when showing the voting numbers it had been edited to a much better ending probably what he did during rehearsal. If you have the show on tape check it out.....

FresnoBill

You are all mad...especially those who say he has not talent... You are dilusional !!!

Kat

David eats his Lucky Charms.

Luke

Yeah, MTV knows music.... just like Paula, Randy, and Simon know music.

Paula can dance, but was the first protools Popstar, Randy is a Hell of a musician, but tone deaf, and Simon only understand marketing. MTV is only a mouthpiece for major labels. They are responsible for TRL for chrissake. You must be 15 to think MTV knows music....

Raven

David Archuleta belongs on the cover of Mad Magazine..............he gives me the creeps.

Kat

I can't wait until we see those Claymate women throwing their granny drawers at the stage. LOL!

just wondering

Debra Z #70...." My mom is putting parental controls on so I can't watch ( I'm 39) Idol ever again "....LMAO!

Kat

Clay looks like the Newman dude on Mad Magazine.