Kiss Her Grits!

5/8/2008 5:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 70-year-old Tony award winner resurfaced at a NYC theater event last week, looking phenomenal.
Linda Lavin
The TV series "Alice" is based on the 1974 Martin Scorsese film, "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore." Ellen Burstyn won an Oscar for originating the title role.

Linda -- who played Adam Brody's grandmother on "The O.C." -- has no biological children of her own.

COMMENTS

Denise

This is the 1st time I've posted, because I have better things to do, but some of you people are so ignorant. She's 70 years old, and gray. She would be washed out with dark hair. The older you get the lighter you have to go.

Nuts

looks good.nice looking women at 70.all natural look.sweet.

Trueazul

God bless her! I can't believe she is 70 already!!! Loved her show.

judith Klein

What a lady. She has aged with grace and dignity. Some of the Hollywood crazies should see what natural beauty is...BRAVA!!

Nic

No kids? Is she a celesbian?

Dan H.

I was just watching Barney miller season 2 on DVD last night and she had a recurring role on there. Coincidence? I don't think so!

p1tey1

That photo put a smile on my face. I used to enjoy that show.

Linda

That's not a good picture. She lives here in Wilmington (and is married) and looks great in person.

J9

She's wise not to keep dying her hair brunette as long term use of hair dye has been linked to Lymphoma. As she is no doubt totally gray now, a blond rinse or better still a weave which avoids the scalp is preferable health wise IMHO.

Virginia Stepp-child

She looks good at 70. She was not the one that made " Mel, Kiss My Grits" famous. It was the southern draw blonde. Can't remember her name,thats one TMZ can look up for us too. Thanks

WirelessCelebServer

Back when I worked for Sprint-Nextel, I used to service lindas accounts. I believe she still resides in Wilmington, NC. Also she is a extrememly good person. Other sprint customrs that come to mind in wilmington are

Some chick from survivor series.
Katie Holmes - when dawsons creek was filming...cant remember if she was sprint or not but it was a while back anyways
Mouth from OTH
Paul Johannsan - OTH
Suface Cast Members.
Alice from Mels Diner

All these people are very nice and were always a pleasure to speak with.
X SprintNextel Employee/ILM NC

Twinker

I like Linda's jewelry. Cool stuff. I remember Alice (my fav character was Vera the frail one), Archie Bunker, The Jefferson's and Trapper John MD...Sunday nites before Dish Network and Pay Per View.

#19 Hi Denise! How's DeNephew? Welcome to the tmz zone! It's an addiction so be warned,

Twinker

#28 It's Polly Holliday

Jeanna

Polly Holliday was the "Kiss my grits" girl.

barbara

hmm..she looks good for 70..NO FAKE LIPS, CHEEKS, CAT EYES..NOT PUFFY...The only thing she should do is cut her hair short and show off her beautiful face!