Steven Tyler: Dude Looks Like a Rehab

5/21/2008 3:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Steven Tyler: Click to Watch!Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler, 60, has checked himself into Las Encinas Hospital drug rehabilitation clinic -- the place Dr. Drew practices -- in Pasadena, Calif.

It's the same facility where the reality show "Celebrity Rehab" was filmed. Tyler is getting treatment for substance abuse.

Tyler's reps had no comment.

Story developing ...

crazyforsteve

No words can express what Steven Tyler and Aerosmith have ment to me in my life. Hey- we are all human. Why so much hate? Why do people like to kick you when you are down? Steven is a one of a kind musical genius! Any one of you would be truly blessed to have an ounce of his talent. I am sending strength, love, and determination to you Steven. You will beat this and I can't wait to see you in concert for the 10th time. God Bless!

fairlady of the north

you are as fine as you were befor4e this all opened up for you yrssss ago, ...however, now youve aquired all these experiences and mind opening adventures and alchemys....ground your personal quantum physics , and do what you gotta do to pull your self together to be ready for your most powerful time in your career. forget age, forget some of the comments....you are who you are, you are more spirit than you eaven know, and you use your self as the projection....im not around you day to day, but
from what i see and hear, i wish i was....and when youve taken your break..in..rehab/whatever....i just know your light wont dim for future entertainment.itll just be another experience and stepping stone to tomorrow.......love to ya from someone in 1970.
or jee was it 71.....69?

DC

Congrats Steve,,,,most of us don't make it back.
God Bless,
DC

DC

We are headed for trouble if we rest on our laurels!
God Bless,
DC

OU812

Best of luck Steven! Las Encinas started the steps that saved my life...at least through today. The place is magical in giving hope to those with none. Dr. Drew is brilliant and anyone to have been in "his hands of care" knows his deep personal committment to helping all he has the GOD SHOT of touching...celebrity or not! Those who have been there know excatly what I'm talikg about!!! Grad '05

Springtonian

Steven,

Help! I need your help. My 17-year-old is experimenting with pot, drinking and cigar smoking. (Tom H. liked that term "experimenting"). He has no idea what he's getting into. Everything is too accessible in the little rich town northwest of Boston he lives in. Why am I asking you for help? I think you need to help someone, right about now. That will help your own healing.

Maybe Taj can help too. Taj's band has a member whose initials are SE. SE went to Derby Academy with my son up until the 5th grade. They remain friends. My son has been playing guitar for many years and is a typical teenager rock and jazz guitarist.

Just finished rewatching a tape of your VH1- Behind the Music. I was never a fan of yours until 15 years ago. You guys won me over with how you licked addiction. A friend of mine served as a nurse for a doctor who was treating you all those years ago. We also lived in Marshfield for a while... anyway, enough of the name dropping.

I'm now in Springfield, IL, on a job move. My family remains in Mass. until my son graduates. Please call 217-697-5777 or contact TMZ.com for my email address. Help, Steven or fellow band members, Hingham residents, etc.

Springtonian

Springtonian

Thanks, Mr. Tyler.

Springtonian

donna

These guys are just people too that are pron to mistakes! Why are we so hard on them? Yes they are often role models to many but still I have NEVER heard Steven say he was perfect or give anything but his best!! We love you Steven and will be pulling for you!! If you mess up again we will still love you and still be pulling for you!! Can you tell we are addicts too!!??

donna

Just because Steven had a slip or made a mistake does not mean he did not truly believe in what he was saying and doing about being clean and sober! People who are critizing him will one day be knocked from their "pedestals". These celebs arre just people too and they are what WE make them!! We love you Steven you hang in there are we hope the best for you!!

JAne

Aerosmith Rocks
Best of Luck Steven . Even if yu can't kick the habit I'll still be a huge fan!

John From NA

I'm sorry to hear this. That's exactly why 12 step programs want anonimity in the press radio, and film. It's not that they don't work it people stop working them.
Good luck Steve

TNK71

Never been on heroin. Not going to judge. Just get better, man. Your group is 1000 times better than all these so called "bands" of today. Good luck/God Bless.

Mark

I've been a fan of yours since I was 17 and I'm 51 now. I too am an addict and have been clean almost 16 years I know how hard it is. A couple of years ago you high fived me at a concert in San Diego it was a thrill of a lifetime. My prayers are with you I know you can make it back.

Richard

Steven, You have taken the first step by going for help. You have given to your Family and the world. Alot of people look up to people in entertainment or sports entertainment . You have a life that people don't understand, take a day at a time brother because Family, true friends and your fans love you man. My thoughts and prayers are with you and family.
Peace,
Richard

cathy frank

Steven Tyler you are the most musically talented person on this earth.....your music has made a huge difference in my life and enables me to get thru anything....your voice is incredibly beautiful! I know you will get thru this current sitch and come out on the other side a stronger guy! I wish I could give to you the strength your lifes work has given me....I would if I could. XOXO